PDA

View Full Version : Botcon 2010 G2 Sideswipe (DIY) - Sealed

iceburn
4th October 2010, 05:39 PM
Linky here (http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=82) @ iGear Store

For the price of US$600, would anyone buy it?

loophole
4th October 2010, 05:54 PM
if i wanted to waste my money then yes i would

Sky Shadow
4th October 2010, 06:30 PM
If it's genuine, I don't think that's entirely unreasonable for such a limited toy.

LordCyrusOmega
4th October 2010, 11:44 PM
No, no I wouldn't. Why spend $600 on something like that when I can buy one for $25, strip it down and do it myself? I can see the appeal of keeping something as rare as this sealed but i doesn't do it for me

griffin
5th October 2010, 12:47 AM
For a toy that is only limited to 25 units, it's rarity is on par with a Lucky Draw figure, and they fetch at least a couple thousand.
And the plastic parts (including transparant parts) are different colours to any existing release of that mould, so trying to create a custom figure yourself might not be possible.

gamblor916
5th October 2010, 09:42 AM
All the clear parts on Sideswipe/Sunstreaker, coloured or otherwise are moulded in clear plastic. The colour is easy to strip (kind of) and easy to recolour. I don't see how it is difficult to get G2 Sideswipe from a regular release (and wouldn't pay that insane amount).

I'd do it just to prove you guys wrong, but the scheme hurts my eyes :p

griffin
5th October 2010, 11:54 AM
Is clear plastic easy to recolour and remain translucent?

gamblor916
5th October 2010, 12:02 PM
There are lots of clear colours available. Generally speaking most are pretty good.