PDA

View Full Version : New Transformer revealed on set?

griffin
5th October 2010, 12:42 PM
Filming at NASA in Florida has been taking place in the last few weeks, and according to 'a source' we might have ourselves a new Space Shuttle Transformers toy...

It is suggested (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/images-and-spoilers-from-kennedy-space-center-transformers-3-filming-170686/)that the Space Shuttle Discovery is really a robot in disguise, and maybe a couple other NASA rockets as well.

My first thought was not how that could be played out in the plot, but the various Gen1 redecos we are likely to have from a Space Shuttle toy...

Sharky
5th October 2010, 12:53 PM
Filming at NASA in Florida has been taking place in the last few weeks, and according to 'a source' we might have ourselves a new Space Shuttle Transformers toy...

It is suggested (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/images-and-spoilers-from-kennedy-space-center-transformers-3-filming-170686/)that the Space Shuttle Discovery is really a robot in disguise, and maybe a couple other NASA rockets as well.

My first thought was not how that could be played out in the plot, but the various Gen1 redecos we are likely to have from a Space Shuttle toy...

Sky Lynx and Blast Off.....although there is probably 50 more i cant think of right now

GoktimusPrime
5th October 2010, 02:35 PM
Other candidates could be Phaser or Blastmaster - or possibly Mach or Galaxy Shuttle (though unlikely). Mo-Vor/Shuttler is another possibility because not all the movie TFs were taken from G1 (e.g. Jolt (originally from G2) and Mudflap (Cybertron)).

Of course, movieverse TFs often don't transform into the same alt mode that their G1 counterparts transformed into (e.g. Blackout, Barricade etc.) So in the Bayverse a shuttle Transformer could be Wheelie for all we know (and the fact that there's another Transformer in the movieverse called Wheelie wouldn't prevent that; just look at Devastator and Dead End! :p)

tinyJazz
5th October 2010, 06:42 PM
Sky Lynx and Blast Off.....although there is probably 50 more i cant think of right now

I really want to see Sky Lynx in the bay-verse - purely to see how messed up they can make him! Wasn't Skids a philosopher or something? :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
5th October 2010, 08:25 PM
G1 Skids wasn't really a philosopher, but he wasn't a comic relief 'goofball' like movie Skids is either.

swoop
5th October 2010, 09:42 PM
I've heard rumours that the tf will be off to mars in this movie and I think it would be awesome if the shuttle is sky lynx and he flies them between the two planets.

Theres going to be way to many robots in this movie practically every vehicle in the set photos are going to be transformers.

5FDP
5th October 2010, 09:53 PM
Theres going to be way to many robots in this movie practically every vehicle in the set photos are going to be transformers.

There was apparently close to 50 robots in ROTF and Bay stated that there is going to be less in TF3. Somewhere close to 30 perhaps :p

I'd be happy with about 10 in total as long as we get to see some character development and more screen time than what poor ol' Jolt received.

swoop
5th October 2010, 10:05 PM
I'd like that to and hopefully Bay has learnt his lesson from rotf and we'll get a decent mix of story, character development and his trademark destruction.

Bartrim
6th October 2010, 07:42 AM
I really want to see Sky Lynx in the bay-verse - purely to see how messed up they can make him! Wasn't Skids a philosopher or something? :rolleyes:

Well I always thought Sky-Lynx was a bit of a tool. Being a loud mouth arrogant jerk (IMO) in G1 if he is in TF3 I guess he'll be the soft spoken philosopher:p