PDA

View Full Version : reflector

fatbot
6th October 2010, 12:27 PM
Alright here's the situation. I bid on and lost a G1 Reflector. The seller has since contacted me with a 2nd chance offer for GBP46.

I just wanted to make sure it is not a KO, mainly because I'll be getting it for GBP46.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160489723025&ssPageName=ADME:X:SCO:GB:1123

Hursticon
6th October 2010, 12:54 PM
G'day Fatbot,

I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but here is a quote from this site (http://www.highendtfs.com/?q=node/17) I found:

RE KO Reflector worries

Hi there, I shall answer your question the best I can.

There are several differences:

* There are actually 2 types of Reflector mailaway boxes. 1 has made in Japan down the bottom right corner, and this is the version that is most common and was counterfeited. The 2nd has this same text but "fabrique au japon" in french additionally underneath the 'made in japan' text.. in otherwords, a canadian version. However, as there was limited numbers of boxes produced, less then the amount of reflector figures for mail away, it is a fact these boxes were sent out throughout north america, until the boxes and remaining poly/foam trays from reflectors microx days were used up, then reflector was sent in bags like other mailaways.

* The factory tape is old. Regardless of storage, especially being on a white box, its impossible for the tape to stay perfectly clear over all these years..

* KO Reflector box cardboard is slightly thinner than original.

INSIDE THE BOX

* Missile tree is the one we all know, the ko is missing one of the sides, the original has four corners.

* KO comes with an extra decal sheet for unapplied factory decals.

* the polystyrene tray is made of less-dense foam/poly cells, in otherwords its a cheaper grade.

* On official g1 poly/foam tray inserts, they all have many many circles stamped on them on the top side. these circles have 6 lines running through them. ko g1s including reflector do not have this pattern. this is an instant give-away on foam trays, but is often hard to see in photos with alot of lighting and are better viewed up close.

* Spyglass has a darker blue paintjob on his metal chest.

* Viewfinder has a big giveaway. Viewfinders arms are of course grey/silver plastic. on an original, viewfinders forearms have perfect plastic mix and colouration consistancy. On a ko, the plastic isnt mixed as well and you can see a wash in the plastic.

those are my tell tale signs.

* By iceman at 06/26/2010 - 09:05

I hope it helps in some way dude.

There is another site that I was directed to once in regards to KO Shockwaves that also had info on Reflector - Do you think I can remember or find it though? :rolleyes::p

Hursticon
6th October 2010, 12:58 PM
Hang on, I think this was it (http://www.reocities.com/futuristgroup/vmicrox.html) mate. :D

gamblor916
6th October 2010, 01:18 PM
* Missile tree is the one we all know, the ko is missing one of the sides, the original has four corners.

I think that gives it away right there.

fatbot
6th October 2010, 01:51 PM
I thought it would be too good to be true. Thanks guys, I hate KO's and I'm glad I asked for advice before I shelled out on it :)

Hursticon
6th October 2010, 02:13 PM
No probs Fatbot, Happy to help mate. :D

I too almost fell for a KO from Britain, a Shockwave and I think it may of been from the same Seller as that Reflector.

A number of members reported him upon seeing the Shockwave in question and a KO Defensor Giftset, good to see eBay is acting upon these things. :rolleyes::mad: