PDA

View Full Version : Arblus look, it's Unicron!

griffin
7th October 2010, 01:52 AM
Toy Review - JP 2010 Unicron

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Toy Review - Unicron w/ Bug

Series - Transformers 2010
Sub-line - Gen1
Size/class - Supreme
New/remould/redeco - redeco/remould (head)
Wave - 4
Released here - No (in Japan September 2010)
Approximate Retail Price - US$100
Approximate Size - 37cm
Allegiance - None/himself
Alt-mode - Planet
Main Features/Gimmicks - Minicon (Bug), Firing Missiles, Electronics.
Main Colours - Orange, Grey.
Main Accessories - 6 small missiles, 1 large missile, 2 planet shell parts, Bug (Minicon).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/jp1014.jpg

jaydisc
7th October 2010, 12:42 PM
There are two toys that as a child I always wanted that were never made until I was an adult.

1. The first is Classics Jetfire, because it came extremely close to giving me the Skyfire figure I always wanted as a kid. As a result, if at gunpoint, I was forced to give up all Transformers but one, it would be this one. I absolutely adore that toy.

2. The next one is this Unicron. The Armada version always looked too.... Armada (go figure, right?). While on a trip in the USA, I saw the Universe version and grabbed it, as I figured it would just have to do. And then this one came along, and I am nearly as ecstatic about it as I was about Skyfire.

This toy is a fantastic representation of movie Unicron and I love it. I love the colors, the paint washed surfaces, the packaging, everything! It's gorgeous.

General thoughts about the toy as a Transformer are a bit disappointing. The transformation is a simple, if not a bit annoying. The alt mode is a seemingly incomplete sphere and sort of cheats to even get that far (with those quarter sphere panels). Also, in my case, I was bit by the QC issue of having mismatching teeth. However, between the lameness of the alt mode, the lackluster transformation, the QC of the teeth, and the most awesomeness of the robot mode, and my love of displays as a collector, this guy will stay in robot mode in my display cabinet giving me years of boyish wonder and glee.

I NEED to take some better quality pics, but here's a camera phone pic teaser:

http://itfdb.com/temporary/tf/unicron-medium.jpg

gekisou
7th October 2010, 01:12 PM
I hate anyone who gets him cos I can't... afford him in general. :p

5FDP
7th October 2010, 02:27 PM
I hate anyone who gets him cos I can't... afford him in general. :p

With the aussie dollar going strong, now is the best time to buy one. You could always save later :D

LordCyrusOmega
7th October 2010, 05:51 PM
The more i see the more i wants. My favourite transformer and i can't afford him.

Looks worth it though.

Soundwarp
9th October 2010, 07:12 AM
I really really want this.
But at the price that it is and having the other one, i can't justify it.
Especially when i don't have a Shockwave or a swoop yet.

griffin
9th October 2010, 10:49 PM
Get it and offload the other one.