PDA

View Full Version : Next Masterpiece Theory....

jaydisc
11th October 2010, 12:13 PM
Beware – True Masterpiece Ultra Magnus not as ridiculous as once thought… (http://www.collecticon.org/2010/10/beware-true-masterpiece-ultra-magnus-not-as-ridiculous-as-once-thought/) [Collecticon.org]

kup
11th October 2010, 12:19 PM
I am somewhat skeptical but will be very happy if it turns out to be true.

I just hope they sell the armor by itself if they release such a figure.

Lint
11th October 2010, 12:29 PM
If this is true, in the tradition of takara goofy accessories :D I struggle to think of what he might come with.

Sharky
11th October 2010, 12:34 PM
If this is true, in the tradition of takara goofy accessories :D I struggle to think of what he might come with.

a birthday cake....uhm junkion shine n buff for when you get destroyed...

Paulbot
11th October 2010, 12:36 PM

"Alright, give me the bomb"

LordCyrusOmega
11th October 2010, 01:23 PM
I think this would do wonders for what is a pretty boring repaint. If they sell the armour separately. If this is true.

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2010, 01:27 PM
MP Convoy had a picture of Bumblebee on his communicator, yet there's no MP Bumblebee.

If this is true, in the tradition of takara goofy accessories I struggle to think of what he might come with.
A Cindy Newell (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cindy_Newell) driver figurine. That'd be cool IMO. :) I'd like to see this toy come with a reissue of the Ultra Magnus cab figure, just because I skipped the previous two (cos it never interested me w/o the trailer :p). Though the price of a combined set would probably turn me off. d: d:

Tallestblue
11th October 2010, 01:30 PM
I for one would be annoyed if they do make an Armour Trailier for MP Ultra Magnus and sell it separately. It would just drive up the price of the stupid white repaint on Ebay. Hopefully if this is a reality *takes his grain of salt* there will be a big box set.

kup
11th October 2010, 01:53 PM
I for one would be annoyed if they do make an Armour Trailier for MP Ultra Magnus and sell it separately. It would just drive up the price of the stupid white repaint on Ebay. Hopefully if this is a reality *takes his grain of salt* there will be a big box set.

I am pretty sure that if they release the trailer they would also re-release the repaint and/or sell it as a package.

MP Magnus is the 3rd figure that I got as a collector.

Tober
11th October 2010, 01:59 PM
I'd be happy enough about it if it's true.

I can't imagine them missing out on an easy chance to use the MP-1 mold again tho. Although I might forgive them if they revise it somewhat.

LordCyrusOmega
11th October 2010, 01:59 PM
MP Magnus is the 3rd figure that I got as a collector.

I brought him at target when i thought i'd never be able to get the Optimus Prime version and had no knowledge about the masterpiece line. someone had opened the box unbeknown to me and removed the instructions etc. Then i got annoyed with the cardboard trailer and got rid of it. Wish i hadn't but now this is coming out (maybe) i have some hope for the figure.

kup
11th October 2010, 02:10 PM
I brought him at target when i thought i'd never be able to get the Optimus Prime version and had no knowledge about the masterpiece line. someone had opened the box unbeknown to me and removed the instructions etc. Then i got annoyed with the cardboard trailer and got rid of it. Wish i hadn't but now this is coming out (maybe) i have some hope for the figure.

There is a reason why Magnus is my 3rd toy when he should of been first.

I bought Magnus at a Target in Bankstown (I think) and when I got home, I realized that the toy had been swaped for random parts of some other none TF toy, possible those cheapo ones from chinese stores. I got annoyed as back then Bankstown wasn't exactly close as I lived in Miranda and on top of that, it was the last one. I tried my luck at returning it at Target Miranda which had one left in stock and thankfully they accepted and I got it exchanged for the 'real' one they had. Naturally I opened it in the store to check contents before I took it back to the register.

LordCyrusOmega
11th October 2010, 02:14 PM

I bought Magnus at a Target in Bankstown (I think) and when I got home, I realized that the toy had been swaped for random parts of some other none TF toy, possible those cheapo ones from chinese stores. I got annoyed as back then Bankstown wasn't exactly close as I lived in Miranda and on top of that, it was the last one. I tried my luck at returning it at Target Miranda which had one left in stock and thankfully they accepted and I got it exchanged for the 'real' one they had. Naturally I opened it in the store to check contents before I took it back to the register.

They had 2 one opened and one sealed. I took the sealed one. If i had of been paying attention in the store i would have noticed that the tape had been pulled off then reapplied.
Oh well..The more you learn

griffin
11th October 2010, 02:58 PM
I think it would be pretty cool if the designers teased/hinted at future toys like that (having the pic of Rodimus and Magnus on the wrist communicators). I think though, as opposed to a straight-out reveal of what is definitely coming (by having both be upcoming), I'd have one image be true and one be false, to have the fans guessing until the correct future toy is confirmed (MP Rodimus). That'd be more fun for the designers, and hypes it up more as fans debate over which one is more likely to be released next (in this case, odds would have suggested the creation of add-on armour and re-release of MP-2, as it would have cost less to create and be more profitable - but now we know it is MP Rodimus instead).

LordCyrusOmega
11th October 2010, 03:20 PM
I think it would be pretty cool if the designers teased/hinted at future toys like that (having the pic of Rodimus and Magnus on the wrist communicators). I think though, as opposed to a straight-out reveal of what is definitely coming (by having both be upcoming), I'd have one image be true and one be false, to have the fans guessing until the correct future toy is confirmed (MP Rodimus). That'd be more fun for the designers, and hypes it up more as fans debate over which one is more likely to be released next (in this case, odds would have suggested the creation of add-on armour and re-release of MP-2, as it would have cost less to create and be more profitable - but now we know it is MP Rodimus instead).
+1
Great idea.

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2010, 03:51 PM
My main concern with the idea of an MP Magnus trailer compatible with the original MP Magnus toy is the price. Although I guess they would make it similar to City Commander in terms of having an armour that you basically pull apart and reassemble as a trailer.

LordCyrusOmega
11th October 2010, 03:55 PM
The price would be hefty but worth it more so then Optimus Prime trailer that didn't include Rollar. I payed $250 or so for my MP-4 so can justify spending a bit extra on a functional trailer/ armour for Ultra Magnus who at present is rather boring.

Lord_Zed
12th October 2010, 01:17 PM
Pffft Magnus, but I want a Decepticon. :p

In the non Transformer section, didn't Igear announce something like this too?

kaiden
12th October 2010, 03:21 PM
MP Convoy had a picture of Bumblebee on his communicator, yet there's no MP Bumblebee.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFTRMPM02&lang=us

Sky Shadow
12th October 2010, 03:46 PM

I hate humans. After that, I'm surprised you ever decided to collect a second Transformer at all. Glad you did!

GoktimusPrime
12th October 2010, 09:55 PM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFTRMPM02&lang=us

Yeah well, a "real" MP Bumblebee (the movie MPs are repackaged Hasbro moofie moulds). There certainly isn't an MP G1 Bumblebee afaik.

LordCyrusOmega
12th October 2010, 10:41 PM
According to ebay (which i forgot the link to) MP movie Bumblebee is available for preorder. I don't know about the new Bumblebee but i'm pretty sure it's even less worthy of MP status then Movie Starscream is. I thought the point of the MP line was supposed to be well executed toys designed for collectors and not really meant for store retail. I know thats simplifying it but sticking a mass produced toy in an MP box is stretching it a little.

Omega Supreme
13th October 2010, 08:58 AM
I cant wait for the next one. The MPs are excellent!

kaiden
13th October 2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah well, a "real" MP Bumblebee (the movie MPs are repackaged Hasbro moofie moulds). There certainly isn't an MP G1 Bumblebee afaik.

I dont think they can use the Volkswagen Beetle for bumblebee anymore.

I don't know about the new Bumblebee but i'm pretty sure it's even less worthy of MP status then Movie Starscream is.

You have it the wrong way around. Movie Starscream is the fugliest the piece of crap ever made. Bumblebee is at least designed to likable.

SkyWarp91
13th October 2010, 11:01 AM

I heard from a couple of people that Volkswagen no longer wants to be associated with war-related franchises/properties so don't expect any new VW toys anytime soon...

QUOTE=kaiden;198697]You have it the wrong way around. Movie Starscream is the fugliest the piece of crap ever made. Bumblebee is at least designed to likable.[/QUOTE]

Even if Starscream is one ugly mother Decepticon his toys (whether ROTF Voyager or Leader, don't know about Legends) have been praised by the many of the TF community.

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah, that's a fair point

kaiden
13th October 2010, 05:16 PM
I heard from a couple of people that Volkswagen no longer wants to be associated with war-related franchises/properties so don't expect any new VW toys anytime soon...

Yeah that was the main issue with Binaltech & Alternity - the alt modes are too close to their real life cars that they're based on, certain companies requested the toys be made without weapons - as from watching the bay movies, you can imagine what kind of negative behaviour can result from impressionable people.

Even if Starscream is one ugly mother Decepticon his toys (whether ROTF Voyager or Leader, don't know about Legends) have been praised by the many of the TF community.

I wouldn't know about the toys since i refuse to buy ugly Transformers like movie Starscream (toy design is another matter.) but in terms of which movie Transformer is deserving of MP status - its definately not Starscream.

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th October 2010, 05:16 PM
I thought that Masterpiece Magnus had a second run a year or two ago...

jaydisc
13th October 2010, 05:27 PM
Pretty sure that second run was announced, but is only just about to ship now. Either way, there is a run that's about to start shipping nowish.

Actually, I can't validate any of that. I do remember it being announced a year or so ago, but if memory serves, it already shipped. I remember adzma getting a really bad one from RK and sending it back.

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th October 2010, 05:37 PM
Yup lo and behold, Magnus has already had a second run.

1st March 2005 (http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK64207)
2nd November 2008 (http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT33089)

I call shenangins on the source of the new run.

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2010, 07:34 PM
There was a VW Beetle Transformer (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Donald_Duck) released recently - but in a Transformers sub-line that's unassociated with war (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Disney_Label). Unfortunately most other TF lines are war-related; and Bumblebee is certainly a war-related character, so we're pretty unlikely to see a VW Bumblebee. All Bumblebee moulds since 1995 have been non-VWs.

Sky Shadow
13th October 2010, 07:36 PM
There was a VW Beetle Transformer (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Donald_Duck) released recently - but in a Transformers sub-line that's unassociated with war (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Disney_Label).

Um... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNXHeCCdRM ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-s7U3XzEP8&feature=related :)

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2010, 07:46 PM
yeah yeah, I've seen those before :p

But it could be argued that Donald Duck is currently not a war associated character. Hrmm... I wonder if HasTak could get away with a VW Bumblebee if the toy came with no weapons and the toy bio explicitly stated that he was a non-combatant (e.g. a civilian).

His function could be financial adviser or just Tree Hugging Hippie Pacifist. ;)

kup
13th October 2010, 07:46 PM
Um... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNXHeCCdRM ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-s7U3XzEP8&feature=related :)

Donald Duck is much more directly associated with Real Life war than Transformers ever could. :p

Hursticon
13th October 2010, 10:38 PM
yeah yeah, I've seen those before :p

But it could be argued that Donald Duck is currently not a war associated character. Hrmm... I wonder if HasTak could get away with a VW Bumblebee if the toy came with no weapons and the toy bio explicitly stated that he was a non-combatant (e.g. a civilian).

His function could be financial adviser or just Tree Hugging Hippie Pacifist. ;)

Donald Duck is much more directly associated with Real Life war than Transformers ever could. :p

Just be worried if he offers you a Towel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDCj9OK1JT4). :p:D
(Explicit Content after Link)

kaiden
14th October 2010, 10:53 AM

More than the bay movies?

kup
14th October 2010, 10:58 AM
More than the bay movies?

I would say so.

Volkswagen doesn't want to get involved in war not because of war in general but due to their past involvement in Worl War II. They are paranoid about sparking bad PR which would highlight that part of their history.

Donald's 'war antics' directly involves military industrialism during the Nazi era in which VW was a part of.