PDA

View Full Version : Real Car Crash on set - Bumblebee gets pwned!

Robzy
12th October 2010, 11:09 AM
Seems like the shoot is still troubled by accidents... (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-3-bumblebee-crashes-into-real-cop-during-filming-in-dc-170727/) apparently a bomb scare caused an "Explosive Ordinance Police Vehicle" to accidentally enter the set and it then crashed into Bumblebee.

Hope everyone's okay. But man - that could have been tragic!!

gantz
12th October 2010, 11:37 AM
Each piece of news for the new movie is quite troubling.

What is going on on that set?!?!

5FDP
12th October 2010, 02:31 PM
More law suits to follow ;) Just as well they have a massive budget.

griffin
12th October 2010, 02:53 PM
At least Bay is willing to push the limits and break new ground with movies, so that it makes the result more interesting and new.

griffin
12th October 2010, 03:07 PM
Watching the clips a few times, it was nice to see the different Autobots rolling along in convoy.

But someone's gonna be in a lot of trouble if that affects production (they usually have tight filming schedules, with limited amounted of time in certain locations). It's hard to tell, but it looks like the driver of the Bumblebee car would be at fault, by pulling out of a side-street without giving way to the other vehicle (even if it wasn't a police vehicle, which would have right-of-way when it's lights and sirens are on).
I thought it was funny that they were trying to cover up the mess from photographers, but legally, that would be interferring with a crime-scene if it isn't cleared first by the police.

Sharky
12th October 2010, 03:17 PM
this is interesting for a couple of reasons...

the streets were closed and in theory the cars are performing under a controled scripted environment so a police car taking a short cut through closed streets doesnt factor into the controled environment and the car "acting" shouldnt have to give way..

its kind of like someone walking infront of a filming camera and ruining the shot...

and then there is the police "barricades" surly they should of radioed through for everyone to stop the moment the car broke the shutdown streets

then there is always the possibility it is actually part of the movie

Haphazard
12th October 2010, 03:45 PM
and then there is the police "barricades" surly they should of radioed through for everyone to stop the moment the car broke the shutdown streets

:\

"Sources tell FOX 5 that he was running to a call to 9th and F Street and was apparently using a different radio channel than the police officers who were securing the perimeter for the movie."

But it still doesn't make sense. They should have radioed ahead to the crew, no?

Sharky
12th October 2010, 03:56 PM
:\

"Sources tell FOX 5 that he was running to a call to 9th and F Street and was apparently using a different radio channel than the police officers who were securing the perimeter for the movie."

But it still doesn't make sense. They should have radioed ahead to the crew, no?

he would of had to "break" the barricades. i do imagine with street closures they do actually have barricades and signs up so even if he was taking the quickest route, the other police redirecting would have seen and could have notified movie crew....

what would of happened if they were filming a scene with explosions and people running around... it could of been worse.

and lets face it doesnt matter where you are car lights and sirens are never heard or visible until they are right ontop of you.....

i_amtrunks
12th October 2010, 04:11 PM
Luckily neither car was going at break neck pace, and both braked a little before impact, so they somewhat minimised the potential danger.

I think the copper will be in a bit of trouble, he may have been taking the quickest route, but he would be at fault for not following correct protocol by informing the police in charge of him entering the closed area.

Thankfully there was not a bomb at the site he was meant to be getting to, or he'd be in a hell of alot more trouble.

loophole
12th October 2010, 06:28 PM
lol bumblebee gets owned by that cop car

Jaisun
12th October 2010, 07:03 PM
this is interesting for a couple of reasons...

the streets were closed and in theory the cars are performing under a controled scripted environment so a police car taking a short cut through closed streets doesnt factor into the controled environment and the car "acting" shouldnt have to give way..

its kind of like someone walking infront of a filming camera and ruining the shot...

then there is always the possibility it is actually part of the movie

I agree with this, the drivers are following a script, and I strongly doubt the script said "keep a look out for rogue Police SUV's", more likely it said "merge with the troops behind Sideswipe". I can't see BB's driver being in trouble, even though he did break a bit late, but considering his focus would have been lining up with Sideswipe to merge behind him, and being a controlled closed set, he shouldn't and wouldn't have been required to have his focus on anything other than what was scripted. More likely, it will be either the Police driver or the Police barricade personnel taking the brunt of this one. But hey, it's not our fault, and it was good viewing =oD You gotta love the uBer expensive car so easily crumpled compared to the standard run-of-the-mill SUV looking almost untouched =oP

SkyWarp91
12th October 2010, 09:41 PM
Maybe Bayformer-haters conspired to keep the production of this movie...

*looks at car, dons sunglasses*

...at Bay.

YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robzy
12th October 2010, 10:39 PM
There's no way the Film Production Company/Crew should be responsible for this. The cop car shouldn't be taking short cuts and speeding through a closed set!! I mean, I'm sure it could be a short cut driving through a crowded shopping centre too, but they wouldn't do that.

If anything, the ease with which the Police SUV got in to the set/street is the real issue. Surely it should have been secured or blocked off, otherwise any maniac could just drive in there and crash into something or someone!

griffin
13th October 2010, 01:26 AM
They don't appear to be filming at the time (no camera crews or directors around to bark out orders when it happened). It looked like the cars were being moved from one location to another, so I think they should have obeyed the road rules (yeilding to traffic driving along a T-intersection), especially when there were emergency vehicles driving around (the police car was following an ambulance in the 3rd vid clip).

Even if they have cordened off a section of roadway for filming, while they aren't filming, the drivers should be looking where they are going, and such negligance causing damage to a police car, could get them into a lot of trouble with the Law.

SharkyMcShark
13th October 2010, 02:04 AM
As I understand it Griff they were practising a scene. Someone there at the time said that that was the second time in a few minutes they'd done the set piece with Prime Ratchet and Ironhide driving down the main road and Bee and Ferrari joining them off the side road.

Paul Agnew
13th October 2010, 10:04 AM
Maybe Bayformer-haters conspired to keep the production of this movie...

*looks at car, dons sunglasses*

...at Bay.

YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha!

Hate to sound like a jerk, but I was honestly expecting the stunt driver to climb out of the car and shout "No-No-No-NO!"

If they start running out of money, perhaps Hasbro could profit on the incident and release yet another repaint: Crumblebee!

Dkaris
13th October 2010, 03:23 PM
I'm sure this will be one of the umpteenth deluxes of bumblebee we get from this movie. "confusion a t the T intersection bumblebee" $30 at your local TrU

SkyWarp91
13th October 2010, 03:25 PM
I'm sure this will be one of the umpteenth deluxes of bumblebee we get from this movie. "confusion a t the T intersection bumblebee" $30 at your local TrU

Or a 'Special Edition Traffic Damaged Bumblebee'

i_amtrunks
13th October 2010, 08:45 PM
Oh dear (http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/entertainment/transformers-3-filming-should-resume-tuesday-after-accident-with-bumblebee-101210).

I guess it goes to show that the script for TF was not filled with enough 'action'.

But a source on the set of the movie has told FOX 5's Will Thomas that the crash will be written into the movie.

5FDP
13th October 2010, 10:35 PM
Oh dear (http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/entertainment/transformers-3-filming-should-resume-tuesday-after-accident-with-bumblebee-101210).

I guess it goes to show that the script for TF was not filled with enough 'action'.

Yeeeeeah, I don't believe it. Wait for Bay's usual rant in the next couple of days stating that it's a complete crock of sh@$ unless he said so.

Robzy
13th October 2010, 10:55 PM
Hahahaha... this is gold... It's going to be written in to the story is it?! Yeah... maybe just like Shia's damaged hand was so cleverly woven in to ROTF?!

So, basically, in one shot Bumblebee will be fine, and in the next shot he will have a dented hood covered in rags and bandages?

kup
13th October 2010, 11:47 PM
Hahahaha... this is gold... It's going to be written in to the story is it?! Yeah... maybe just like Shia's damaged hand was so cleverly woven in to ROTF?!

So, basically, in one shot Bumblebee will be fine, and in the next shot he will have a dented hood covered in rags and bandages?

That ain't 'correct' Bay editing:

First he will have an unexplained dented hood, next scene he will look brand new. 2 Seconds later he will look wrecked again and then cut into a scene in which he does that stupid puppy face.

In the final battle he will appear with the dented hood again and right after the battle ends, he will be brand spanking new.

Now THAT is Bay editing :D

Bumbleb33
14th October 2010, 01:59 AM
maybe this was planned and why its looking like Bumblebee will be a Datsun, because there was no Camaro in range to trans-scan.

Skullcruncher
14th October 2010, 10:17 AM
That ain't 'correct' Bay editing:

First he will have an unexplained dented hood, next scene he will look brand new. 2 Seconds later he will look wrecked again and then cut into a scene in which he does that stupid puppy face.

In the final battle he will appear with the dented hood again and right after the battle ends, he will be brand spanking new.

Now THAT is Bay editing :D

Close - it will turn out that the 'Explosive Ordinance Police Vehicle' is actually megatrons earth mode! :D:D

MidAge
18th October 2010, 05:48 AM
Seems like the shoot is still troubled by accidents... (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-3-bumblebee-crashes-into-real-cop-during-filming-in-dc-170727/) apparently a bomb scare caused an "Explosive Ordinance Police Vehicle" to accidentally enter the set and it then crashed into Bumblebee.

Hope everyone's okay. But man - that could have been tragic!!
:eek:

Accident? any photos about that?
Hope others be fine!

Bartrim
18th October 2010, 08:19 AM

On the plus side he will actually have writers to write the incident into the script this time.