PDA

View Full Version : BTS-03 G1 Optimus Prime upgrade set

spooniebeard
13th October 2010, 06:12 PM
I didn't see a thread for this so I'm starting one.

RK has the BTS-03 Prime upgrade set (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFAOP07&lang=us) available. Fits your vintage or reissue G1 Prime with new hands that can open, a matrix for them to hold, a cradle for the matrix to sit in, an energon axe and a jetpack to hold his fists and axe.

I received mine the other day and I can say it really does make the figure so much ... more. It's hard to say, I love the G1 prime design to begin but this made it feel almost like a brand new toy. The matrix cradle fits great and needn't be removed for transformation and shows off the matrix to full effect in robot mode.

The only thing that brought it down a bit for me was that I got two right fists. Be really careful with the hands (especially the first time) as the thumbs feel flimsy to the touch.

I need to get at least two more now, one set for my original and one set spare :D

5FDP
13th October 2010, 07:30 PM
Neat idea. Think I'll stick with my MP Prime though. I like my original G1 toys to have no more than 3 points of articulation :p

Eruntalon
14th October 2010, 01:18 AM
wtf is with that ugly over-sized backpack/jet pack?

kup
14th October 2010, 07:25 AM

The Jetpack Prime used in MTMTE.

MV75
14th October 2010, 08:10 AM
The Jetpack Prime used in MTMTE.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I do remember seeing the jetpack somewhere, but whatever mtmte is I dunno.

Why the extra gun? Prime is woo'ing it? :)

Overall looks interesting enough, glad to see they brought it up to the "bay movie" status of making the hands look like crab claws. Fits in with all the other movie crab toys.

kup
14th October 2010, 08:19 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I do remember seeing the jetpack somewhere, but whatever mtmte is I dunno.

Why the extra gun? Prime is woo'ing it? :)

Overall looks interesting enough, glad to see they brought it up to the "bay movie" status of making the hands look like crab claws. Fits in with all the other movie crab toys.

More Than Meets The Eye

spooniebeard
14th October 2010, 04:05 PM

The jetpack is for everything not in Prime's hands at the moment, it can also hold both guns on top like the G2 missile backpack. Plus it's in the very first episode of G1! Am I seriously the only one that likes this set?

Crab hands? Seriously? I didn't realize making a figure with hands that open and close makes it a bay-former. I guess my SoC Ideon, Gunbuster and Big O fall under that category too. (My friend adds 'and he can hold it properly!' with a more expletives thrown in)

The extra gun is also far more accurate to the show, plus it just looks more powerful then the original does. I don't know how one would woo a gun but having two certainly doesnt hurt.

I'm not sure what's not cool about giving the original Prime toy a matrix of his own. Sure there have been other matrices with other figures, like the silver one coming soon with the rodimus/cyclonus two pack or the gold one that Ehobby Galvatron came with, but a G1 Prime couldn't hold them with those fists of his could he? He can with this one and it sits in his chest! Or are you fond of the empty drivers cavity?

Crab hands? Seriously? I didn't realize making a figure with hands that open and close makes it a bay-former. I guess my SoC Ideon, Gunbuster and Big O fall under that category too.

The extra gun is also far more accurate to the show

Whatever. If you really like your G1 prime toy and want a matrix with accessories for it, this is just the thing. If you don't, don't.

MV75
14th October 2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks Kup, I thought you were referring to a certain episode. :)

Settle down fella. ;) Crabs and bay formers. Well, it wasn't really a stab at this kit, but a stab at the modern aesthetic. Have another good look at the movie toys. They look like crabs.

spooniebeard
14th October 2010, 08:05 PM
S'alright, I was just tense from work. It takes me a bit to wind down these days.

I get what you're on about, i've just never heard it refered to like that. I'll remember that one.

You can see what I mean though? They can just stay as fists if you want, fists holding two massive cannons. I prefer the double axe hands approach myself :D

Sky Shadow
14th October 2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks Kup, I thought you were referring to a certain episode. :)

... He was. He was talking about More Than Meets The Eye Part 3, where Optimus borrows Sideswipe's jetpack. He also uses one in Dinobot Island.

kup
14th October 2010, 08:29 PM
I actually don't mind this set. I may get this set as a tag along item when I am ordering something to make the shipping cost worthwhile.

snaketales
14th October 2010, 09:19 PM
This set is on my list of things to get when I have the spare cash.

SamLoi888
15th October 2010, 06:38 PM
I like this set.