PDA

View Full Version : Comic Review: Transformers: Prime - Graphic Novel

Sharky
14th October 2010, 01:24 PM
(Please post comments, or even a fully comprehensive review)

TITLE: Transformers: Prime

PUBLISHER: IDW Publishing
WRITTEN: Mike Johnson
DRAWN: Various
COLOURS: Various
LETTERS: Chris Mowry & Robbie Robbins
PAGE COUNT: 96

PRICE: US$9.99

Join CLIFFJUMPER and ARCEE as they battle their way through DECEPTICON forces in a desperate adventure to learn the secrets of Space Bridge technology! But STARSCREAM, the Decepticon enforcer, is not easily defeated. This galaxy-spanning journey starts on CYBERTRON and ends in your own backyard!

Knowing that their leader OPTIMUS PRIME and his band of AUTOBOTS is here, on our world, our heroes set out on a mission of the utmost importance to learn of the biggest DECEPTICON plans ever put into action and get them to our heroes half a galaxy away.

The most spectacular TRANSFORMERS stories start here, with TRANSFORMERS: PRIME the Original Graphic Novel that leads right into the Hub's new hit TV Series!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/PrimeGraphicNovel.jpg

griffin
14th October 2010, 02:56 PM
I had a quick flick through JustOwen's copy the other day, and it's gonna take some time to get used to them... even with their Movie/Animated inspired forms.
Until I see/hear the cartoon, I'm not gonna be able to visualise their sounds, so makes it harder to embrace. And nothing jumped out at me as being memorable to comment on either.

I was surprised that they produced this comic before the cartoon was even out, and it says it leads into the cartoon? So does that mean events in the comic won't be covered in the cartoon, or would this be the comic version of the opening episode(s) I wonder?

5FDP
14th October 2010, 03:23 PM
The most spectacular TRANSFORMERS stories start here, with TRANSFORMERS: PRIME the Original Graphic Novel that leads right into the Hub's new hit TV Series![/I]

So everything they have done to date has been less 'spectacular' :rolleyes: That's a pretty big call. You gotta love these promotional spins :D

Paulbot
14th October 2010, 03:33 PM
I ordered this from bookdepository but their website says it's not published for another 10 days or so, so it will be a while before I get my copy. I'm surprised some people already have it.

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2010, 05:14 PM
Is this out in local comic stores?

Sharky
14th October 2010, 05:22 PM

yes it is

Bartrim
14th October 2010, 05:22 PM

I just ordered it from Kings Comics. The website had a release date of 13th Oct.

Sharky
14th October 2010, 05:32 PM
the book is smaller then i thought it would be, the same size as the animated books idw put out recapping the episodes. the previews in drift #3 etc make it look so much more better then what it appears in tiny format. makes it hard to read i my opinion

story wise i thought it was pretty good, its clearly broken up into 4 chapters so i can sort of see this might of originally have been inteded as a normal comic mini series if anything the book has kinda got me wanting to see what the toon is about now where as before i wasnt overly fussed.

Cliffjumper comes across pretty good in this i hope the feel for the character rolls over into the toon. i liked the part in the book where he is scanning for an alt mode.....i couldnt really care about arcee.....

each chapter has a different artist, so even in a "graphic novel" we get inconsistancies, this was disapointing as some looked realy good, others not so much at least it fits in with the theme of the main tf titles.......

all in all its not bad, better then the last movie miniseries whatever that was called..... worth a read 7/10

Paulbot
15th October 2010, 01:35 PM
the book is smaller then i thought it would be, the same size as the animated books idw put out recapping the episodes. the previews in drift #3 etc make it look so much more better then what it appears in tiny format. makes it hard to read i my opinion

I saw it in the comic store today and it's much smaller than I thought it would be. Even having read your comment I wasn't expecting such a thin volume. It might be better waiting for the individual comic issues (which I'd do if I'd not already ordered this :o )

Grievous
16th October 2010, 01:37 PM
This one was kinda interesting...I'm really liking Cliffjumper
and it makes more sense for Arcee too be blue when you
see the entire Autobot crew...

I guess you could say its a solid read...but nothing special...