PDA

View Full Version : War For Cybertron - 10x EXP Weekend.

Sleeve
15th October 2010, 11:48 AM
I am SO making sure I get online this weekend.

High Moon Studios have announced another EXP bonus weekend for Transformers War for Cybertron, and it's a big one! Starting this Friday and running through Sunday, all EXP awards are worth a whopping 10x their normal value! If like me you're still behind on getting your multiplayer characters leveled up, now is a great time to get your game on!

Thanatos
15th October 2010, 12:05 PM
Mmm, I love the smell of desperation in the morning.

Still doesn't mean I won't crank out some WfC

griffin
15th October 2010, 02:41 PM
A last gasp promo perhaps?
I can't imagine they'd be topping 10X.
Typical... I'll be away this weekend too. :mad:

tinyJazz
15th October 2010, 03:35 PM
please oh please oh please keep playing our game! D:
man I haven't played wfc in ages.

A last gasp promo perhaps?
I can't imagine they'd be topping 10X.
Typical... I'll be away this weekend too. :mad:

hey griffin I can mind your ps3 and house while you're away ;) I'll dust alll your tfs too, and totally not 'borrow' any when I leave either. :D

Towers_Spy
15th October 2010, 03:52 PM
Slag yeah, I know what I'll be doing this weekend, and it wont be exam study :p

kaiden
15th October 2010, 04:08 PM
i wish i still had my ps3 T_T

Gutsman Heavy
15th October 2010, 08:29 PM
I wish I got this for 360 :(

Anyone wanna swap? :D

SharkyMcShark
15th October 2010, 08:34 PM
Still unmoved to try the online part of the game.

GoktimusPrime
16th October 2010, 12:14 AM
I just don't have the time to play something the online mode. Of course, there's probably few other people in Australia playing it on PC, it probably wouldn't be worth it for me.

I haven't even finished the solo player missions yet! :p

Lord_Zed
17th October 2010, 01:26 AM
I gave it a shot and upped a few levels, but being owned got old quickly.

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th October 2010, 01:56 AM
I gave it a shot and upped a few levels, but being owned got old quickly.

Yep same boat. Managed to get my scientists and leader up to level 5, but getting my ass handed to me constantly took the joy out of it somewhat. Considering how most others were level 15+. Might give it one more go tomorrow to see if its a bit better.

Sleeve
17th October 2010, 11:01 AM
Despite having to deal with about 2-3 hours of constant server dropouts last night, I managed to get my Leader, Soldier and Scientist all to Lv.25, and my Scout is sitting at Lv.19.

The dropouts were freaking ridiculous. Lag was rife and everytime it dropped out and said 'Saving to HDD', none of the experience I'd been getting was being saved. Wasted about two hours of gameplay because of it. The other problem I kept having was joining games only to be thrown out because I didn't have the map they were using. Still can't work out why it wouldn't just send me back to the lobby instead of quitting right out to the main game menu.

Eventually when I hosted my own game we got at least 10 solid matches without any problems.

Thanatos
17th October 2010, 06:39 PM
I played 2 games, got my scout from 13 to 19, and decided to call it a day. Too busy with Halo at the moment.

griffin
18th October 2010, 03:07 PM
I managed to get home from work last night to allow for at least 7 hours of multiplayer gaming (the only access I had all weekend), and after a couple games and 2 extra levels for just my Scout, I actually got bored and went back to Escalation (which I personally find much more intense). Maybe if I wasn't so tired from the packed weekend I had, I might have spent more time on it.
The problem I have with multiplayer is that death is too easy. That might sound good for getting quick kills and experience in your account, but it just spoils the momentum each time you die and keep getting sent back to the start to be respawned. And I don't like the feeling of it being more personal, or could get personal. At least in Escalation, the enemy is just the computer... and there's no ego or pleasure taken when it targets me. You get killed by the same person several times in a Multiplayer game, and it just loses its fun for me.

One thing I will say though, with two of the three components of this game requiring the PS Network to operate, when the time comes and they decide to close it down due to lack of consistant usage, we lose access to most of the game. So make the most of it while it's there. (at least, I'd imagine they'd stop hosting it on the Network eventually)

One question though - what does Prime Mode do or acheive (other than a trophy)? Does it make you more powerful in the game or give you an extra ability?

Sleeve
18th October 2010, 03:22 PM
Prime Mode resets your multiplayer progress, but gives you a Matrix symbol next to your name so other players can see you put in the hard yards. It's similar to Presitge or whatever the hell it's called in 'Call of Duty'. It also opens a few extra 'challenges' to gain XP, but I found challenges are pointless and it's far quicker to just play a heap of Conquest.

I unlocked Prime Mode last night, and then figured I'd give Escalation a try for the first time ever. Tried to join in your game, but apparently it was full. *shakes fist*

kaiden
18th October 2010, 03:41 PM
The problem I have with multiplayer is that death is too easy.

I don't find that i die easily in multiplayer.
death seems to be the right amount of balance to me. the reason is that its not a simple multiplayer shooter - the scientists and scouts make the gameplay satisfyingly unique.
scouts are the assassins that appear out of nowhere and stab you in the back and scientists have varied roles - support, sniper, aerial control.
and because these two classes are the fastest, they're perfect for hit and run and find an energon cube to refill hp.

the problem with scout is that it has the lowest amount of hp which means dying a lot if not careful, same with scientist really.