PDA

View Full Version : BigW selling KOs

Tabias Prime
19th October 2010, 06:07 PM
Saw this at my local BigW Belmont...Clearly its a KO of Optimus Prime (Super-Con) Even funnier was the fact that they where variations of the same toy.not sure if I'd want theses guys supplying me with toys after reading this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agglo

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/Tabias_Prime/Photo0226.jpg

Golden Phoenix
19th October 2010, 06:16 PM
They have been around for ages. Haven't seen them in a while though.
Only seen 6 or so variations.

Tabias Prime
19th October 2010, 06:20 PM
They have been around for ages. Haven't seen them in a while though.
Only seen 6 or so variations.

First I saw of these were about 4 weeks ago..what was funny was they were opposite the real Transformers..

kaiden
19th October 2010, 06:48 PM
they're the cheap alternative for poor people.

SkyWarp91
19th October 2010, 06:59 PM
they're the cheap alternative for poor people.

Yeah or just kids with parents that didn't want to spend over $10 on toys every weekend lol

kup
19th October 2010, 07:38 PM
Saw this at my local BigW Belmont...Clearly its a KO of Optimus Prime (Super-Con) Even funnier was the fact that they where variations of the same toy.not sure if I'd want theses guys supplying me with toys after reading this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agglo

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/Tabias_Prime/Photo0226.jpg

I have seen generic transforming robots in that packaging at Big W before but never an actual KO.

Hursticon
19th October 2010, 07:47 PM
Big W Dapto has the 3 versions of that KO in stock, I thought everyone knew of these guys?

Tabias Prime
19th October 2010, 07:52 PM
I'm more concerned about lead poisoning, the company has had to recall a produce because of lead in their chalk...Apparently their main business is to make KOs of Transformers, GI Joes and apparently KO chalk....

Tabias Prime
19th October 2010, 07:59 PM
Big W Dapto has the 3 versions of that KO in stock, I thought everyone knew of these guys?

I tend to be pretty 1 eyed when in the toy section, generally its straight to the Transformers and Lego sections and ignore anything else.....The only reason I noticed them was because they were right next to the Halo toys I was looking at.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hursticon
19th October 2010, 08:10 PM
The only reason I noticed them was because they were right next to the Halo toys I was looking at.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL, whereas they are right opposite the Halo figures here in Dapto. :p

Vector Sigma 13
19th October 2010, 08:23 PM
Those toys last about 9 seconds if i recall. Cheap and nasty.

My kids normally get at least 18 secconds out of something like that.

5FDP
19th October 2010, 10:30 PM
I've seen these as well... a while back from memory.

Big W isn’t the first large retailer to sell KO's. Kmart were selling gestalts sets about 5 years ago - Devastator (yellow version), Superion, and Defensor. I bought Devy and Superion just out of curiosity and yep, they only lasted a few seconds out of the packaging. Made me wonder how they were made available given that they would have failed all safety standards.

GoktimusPrime
19th October 2010, 10:36 PM
those have been around for years. And they're retooled KOs really, not complete KOs. Target also sold the KO black and yellow G1 Devastator too.

5FDP
19th October 2010, 10:55 PM
Target also sold the KO black and yellow G1 Devastator too.

I want photographic proof ;) To my knowledge, the sets were distributed by World 4 Kids which is owned by Kmart.

GoktimusPrime
20th October 2010, 09:52 AM
*travels back in time*

I recall seeing them in Target... but I wasn't paying that much attention tbh... ya know, being a <expletive> knock off and all. :p ;)

i_amtrunks
20th October 2010, 05:29 PM
There is also a 3 combiner set of Ko Transformers sold in some Big W's, a car, a jet and a drill/tank.

When my local store was selling them for about $2.50 a pop a few years ago I nabbed a few for painting practice, and they are not even worth it at that price, brittle and poorly made, and as a bonus half of the plastic is the unpaintable variety, couldn't get 4 different types of paint to stick at all.

Tabias Prime
20th October 2010, 07:09 PM
When my local store was selling them for about $2.50 a pop a few years ago I nabbed a few for painting practice, and they are not even worth it at that price, brittle and poorly made, and as a bonus half of the plastic is the unpaintable variety, couldn't get 4 different types of paint to stick at all.

There are some plastics that have a release agent in them so no matter how hard you prep them the paint will never stick.There are some fibreglass resins that are like that.

5FDP
20th October 2010, 09:38 PM
*travels back in time*

Pick me up some G1 while you're there :p

Golden Phoenix
22nd October 2010, 10:10 PM
There is also a 3 combiner set of Ko Transformers sold in some Big W's, a car, a jet and a drill/tank.

What are they KOs of?