PDA

View Full Version : "Sorry, you've hit a speed bump!" Error

Doubledealer
20th October 2010, 06:29 PM
Hi all,

I very recently bought a Transformer on ebay (from the US) but always received the ridiculously vague error: Sorry, you've hit a speed bump!
Please try again in a few minutes. If this problem persists for long time, please contact eBay support when going through the ebay invoice checkout process directly after logging into Paypal.

I tried 2 different PC's using 2 different browsers throughout the day - no luck.

If logging into Paypal > send money > send money online > ebay item > if you prefer to pay on paypal, click here - gives error: An error occurred while processing your Pay for eBay Items.

Also, if logging into Paypal > send money > pay for ebay items - error: An error occurred while processing your Pay for eBay Items.
We did not find any items that require payment at this time.

I eventually had to let the seller know what was going on and decided to pay the money into his Paypal account using his email address. It was only when doing this that the cause of issue was revealed. When I tried to make the payment this time it said "This seller does not accept funds from a non-US location" (or similar). I asked the buyer to amend this which he did, and then I could make the payment using the original invoice without issue.

So if anyone gets this problem, I hope this can save them wasting time due to ebay's fantastically generic error messages!

liegeprime
20th October 2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks for sharing, that indeed would be a valuable thing to know since most of us are using Paypal for payments on overseas purchases.:)

5FDP
20th October 2010, 09:06 PM
That wouldn't have been tencotoys would it? I had the same problem with them a while back.

Doubledealer
21st October 2010, 02:40 PM
That wouldn't have been tencotoys would it? I had the same problem with them a while back.

It was a fella called formula-1 in this instance. :)