PDA

View Full Version : Borgeman's B'ball - Season '08

Borgeman
13th April 2008, 06:17 AM
Thats right, follow me and my team - The Unknown Titans - around a gruelling 22 round season as we strive to become the premiers!!!!

A bit of a preface:

Two team members - #13 Aaron Smith and #10 Billy Dimitriou - were suspended for 45 weeks and 19 weeks respectively for an on field altercation last season. Aaron is gone till the new year (fool), but bill will be back later this season, so till then we will have various people covering for him

We tape every game (unless there is no-one at all to tape, which we desperately try to avoid:)), so i will post up highlight reels every few games

Unknown Titans Roster for season '08:

#4 George Dimitriou (c)
#6 Steve Zahra
#12 Julian McGuire
#23 Bryce Nystrom
#43 Jacob Bottrell
#10 Billy Dimitriou
#13 - Fill in

Ok then, to the games......

ROUND 1 vs The Bus Drivers LOST 33 - 29
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/1.jpg

Should have won the game, inaccuracy and silly mistakes cost us. I had the chance to win the game (as i have mentioned in another thread) but missed the 3.

ROUND 2 vs Franks Rabbits WON 36 - 24
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/2.jpg

A very good game by us, especially in the second half. Proper passing and movement of the ball opened up their defence and gave us some easy shots. Oh, and we were more accurate too :P

and the our highlight reel for these two games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pum8dABJgT8

Next week - Unknown Tiatans vs Oldskool

George

STL
13th April 2008, 09:44 PM
Good choice of music. So you guys play out entire games w/out a bench? That's pretty tough.

Borgeman
13th April 2008, 09:49 PM
nah normally we have one bench - though i play out most weeks, its not hard at all - and remember we have two regulars suspended...

George

Soundwarp
14th April 2008, 05:12 AM
Nice dude...........

So what's your stats?

As in height weight and position?

Borgeman
14th April 2008, 06:47 AM
ill get that stuff up after the next game (wed), i still havent gotten all the height and weights off my teammates... but here is a rough guide:

#4 George Dimitriou - All Positions - 191cm 77kg
#6 Steve Zahra - Guard - 180cm 80kg
#12 Julian McGuire - Centre/Forward 188cm 78kg
#23 Bryce Nystrom - Centre 202cm 87kg
#43 Jacob Bottrell - Forward 185cm 125kg
#10 Billy Dimitriou - Forward 190cm 79kg

George

STL
14th April 2008, 11:03 AM
*why do I all of a sudden feel so short* :(

Soundwarp
14th April 2008, 02:54 PM
God damm, your all skinny except one!!

TheDirtyDigger
14th April 2008, 03:05 PM
That's cool Borge.
If you ever need a fill in I am unco and fat but can bomb a few threes, defend like a trooper and I'm sexy as hell.
If you ever play at MSAC I can ref you as a 'sixth' team member.;)

Pulse
14th April 2008, 03:51 PM
Basketball? Pffft! :D

That's not a sport. You guys should be training MMA! Now that'll make men out of you. ;)

TheDirtyDigger
14th April 2008, 04:04 PM
Is that what you do Pulse?

Pulse
14th April 2008, 04:18 PM
Is that what you do Pulse?

I'm a Pro Rassler. :D

People with Pro Rasslin' dreams come to learn from me & after they've survived a torture session (otherwise known as training), They run back to Mummy, crying their eyes out.

And then I wake up... :p

Soundwarp
15th April 2008, 05:22 AM
I'm a Pro Rassler. :D

People with Pro Rasslin' dreams come to learn from me & after they've survived a torture session (otherwise known as training), They run back to Mummy, crying their eyes out.

And then I wake up... :p

Please explain!!

I nearly went to a Gold Coast Wrestling school after they tried to recruit me out of the crowd!

OH and BBall rulz!
Played it ever since high school!
It even got me sent home from Hawaii............

(Long story, PM for details)

Jimreborn
15th April 2008, 01:10 PM
THAT is something I need to hear, I am guessing you we're one of the lucky few that got posted there. Please PM me the story haha, I'm laughing in my head just thinking how it could have possibly managed to have had you sent home...

Pulse
15th April 2008, 05:38 PM
Please explain!!

I nearly went to a Gold Coast Wrestling school after they tried to recruit me out of the crowd!

You must have been "chosen" to take part in the show. Sounds like they were trying to get the audience involved in the storyline & your build probably got you noticed. If only it worked like that when we attend WWE shows.

Some 7/8 years ago when WCW did some shows here in Australia, Me & my Bro went to the Sydney show at the Entertainment Centre. I could only have dreamt of being picked out of the crowd & moulded into a Pro Rassler. It just doesn't happen in the Big Leagues.

Soundwarp
16th April 2008, 06:12 PM
Nah dude it was after the show, i was the same size as their Champ.....

Pulse
16th April 2008, 09:40 PM
I was the same size as their Champ.....

To me, That line there basically sums up their whole promotion. :D

Borgeman
16th April 2008, 10:36 PM
Ok, slightly back on topic, just got back from playing, we won 42-17. A very easy win, had a 20pt buffer at the half, and then sat back in the second half - missed a heap of shots though (especially me, 1-4 from the line what a disgrace :()

watched the game once to get the main stats, will watch it again 2moro for all the shots and percentages:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/1-1.jpg

George

STL
16th April 2008, 10:41 PM
Heheh, I know a bloke named Bryce and he's pretty damned tall too. He's at RMIT Bundoora. Any connection?

Oh and good thumping win!

Borgeman
16th April 2008, 10:53 PM
nah no connection, hes my neighbour, labourer, didnt finish yr 12

and this team won its first two games, so id hate to think what will happen when we play the two teams they beat :P

George

jazzcomp
8th October 2010, 03:20 PM
Can we rename this to all basketball threads?

griffin
9th October 2010, 12:36 AM
Best to start a new one - either generic, or specific to your team competition.