PDA

View Full Version : TF3 will have MORE "comedy"

Robzy
21st October 2010, 11:14 PM
Yes... that's right... we can all look forward to more of Bay's hilarious comedy (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-3-to-have-more-comedy-170772/).

Oh... I don't even know where to start! :rolleyes: I may end up just renting this movie on DVD (maybe).

Tallestblue
22nd October 2010, 12:20 AM
AaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaarrrgh. It'll be great seeing Shockwave's balls in 3D. Oh well, hopefully the toys will be cool.

Doubledealer
22nd October 2010, 02:08 AM
AaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaarrrgh. It'll be great seeing Shockwave's balls in 3D. Oh well, hopefully the toys will be cool.

Dude, didn't anyone tell you? His giant balls are necessary for his 2nd alt formation, one eyed willy mode. :cool: Shockwave just loves to dangle his kibble around in robot mode...

Bartrim
22nd October 2010, 07:40 AM
Ah great. I was hoping this one would be more serious. Comedy does have it's place in action movies but it doesn't need to be so low brow.

Jay-Tron
22nd October 2010, 09:24 PM
Comedy? Yeah I think the first movie had a little bit and it was cool. The 2nd movie was just far too long for me and seemed to have no plot. I'm hoping the 3rd movie has a interesting plot and some transformer character development, as I'm sure it'll have acton. As long as it has those things I think I can handle Michael Bay's idea of comedy.

LordCyrusOmega
22nd October 2010, 09:45 PM
Comedy? Yeah I think the first movie had a little bit and it was cool. The 2nd movie was just far too long for me and seemed to have no plot. I'm hoping the 3rd movie has a interesting plot and some transformer character development, as I'm sure it'll have acton. As long as it has those things I think I can handle Michael Bay's idea of comedy.

Interesting plot and character development? I didn't know that Michael Bay was cut from the film though i try to avoid anything to do with the movies until they are released. Spoils the fun for me.

Seriously though, the terms comedy and Michael Bay do not belong together. Unless your laughing at how bad his films are. Yes the second movie was good but it was a far cry from what it could have been.

My opinion though.

5FDP
22nd October 2010, 10:26 PM
All I can say is I'm not surprised at all :rolleyes:

Jay-Tron
22nd October 2010, 10:57 PM
I'm gonna hope TF3 is third time's a charm. I got a feeling they'll get this one right. They are bound to show a lot more of Cybertron this time... or is that just wishfull thinking.

snazzbot 101
22nd October 2010, 11:15 PM
I must qualify this by saying I never saw the second one. I was moving into my house at the time so there were other priorities. Then I started hearing tales of giant robot testicles and I was somewhat thankful I did have other priorities.

But is any of this suprising? For whatever reason what Michael Bay is doing works. At least in terms of the studio and Hasbro and shareholders anyway. Why would they stop now?

Personally I believe it will be a success. But I don't believe it will do as much business as the last one. It seems when it comes to modern movie franchises, they try so hard to out-do themselves that all they do is making the audience realise how much they are trying to out-do themselves (see Spider-man 3).

LordCyrusOmega
22nd October 2010, 11:34 PM
In all fairness Michael Bay excels when it comes to action scenes and special effects. Unfortunately it takes more then this to make a decent movie.

Tallestblue
23rd October 2010, 02:14 AM
Dude, didn't anyone tell you? His giant balls are necessary for his 2nd alt formation, one eyed willy mode. :cool: Shockwave just loves to dangle his kibble around in robot mode...

Sweet merciful Grodd, I won't be able to sleep tonite with that image in my head.

GoktimusPrime
23rd October 2010, 09:53 PM
From the article:

"What you can expect is more comedy than we've ever had before" di Bonaventura revealed. He also told us a little bit about character development. "You can expect bigger action sequences than we've ever had before and you can expect a different character through-line for our lead because he's a little bit older and Rosie's a little bit older - there's a maturity there that didn't exist before. He's moved on to a new stage in his life with a job, and that's an interesting rite of passage, so I think it has the emotional elements that people are expecting of the movie, but they've moved forward in time, if you would."
You know what's missing from that? A promise of a more coherent storyline and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FOR THE TRANSFORMERS!! *hff hff* I know it's important to have human characters in the movie for the general audience to relate, but at the same time they shouldn't hinder character development for the Transformers themselves. After all, in E.T. we had Elliott and the other children as an emotional anchorpoint for audiences, but they were still definitely able to empathise with the alien itself as a developed character. I'd like to see more Transformers being treated as actual characters rather than set pieces (or robotic creatures)... ya know, other than Bumblebee and Optimus Prime.

In terms of comedy... some of the movie's comedy was actually okay, but I know some of the funniest moments were improvised by actors, like Sam flexing his muscles while pointing at various features inside Bumblebee, or Sam and Judy's awkward conversation about masturbation. ROTF had some funny moments, like "there is no tighter shirt, we checked" and Leo tasering himself at the Smithsonian. But there were some pretty stupid comedic moments too like all the humping and that stupid narcissistic lecturer (although Michael Bay says he actually based that character on a lecturer he had at uni... still a really stupid character nonetheless IMO :/)

yeah I dunno how to take this promise of more comedy. Comedy can be used effectively in action films if done properly... I hope Bay learnt from his mistakes in ROTF and improves in TF3.

It'll be great seeing Shockwave's balls in 3D.
...or even scarier... seeing Shackwave's bits in 3D! Aaargh, virtual eye-gouge! :p

5FDP
23rd October 2010, 10:56 PM
...or even scarier... seeing Shackwave's bits in 3D! Aaargh, virtual eye-gouge! :p

Here's a sneak peek for you (scroll down)...

Shockwave's Brown Eye (Copyright Dreamworks Studio)

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5125/shockwavebrowneye.jpg

Sky Shadow
24th October 2010, 10:57 AM
Comedy, Starscream? This is bad coronation.

liegeprime
24th October 2010, 07:14 PM
"snip"

yeah I dunno how to take this promise of more comedy. Comedy can be used effectively in action films if done properly... I hope Bay learnt from his mistakes in ROTF and improves in TF3.

Wishful thinking there Gok...... splosions!!!! kabooom !!! Im guessing what he'll learn more is how to do stunt's and splosions with less casualty.....and also........... erm no, that's about it.;)

Okay mebbe Blue lantern rings should be given all around:D

FFN
30th October 2010, 04:39 PM
I don't mind comedy, it's more that the type of comedy used matters. Roger Ebert, a known critic of Bay, mentioned humour as one of the positives in The Rock in his essay for why the film was being included in the prestigious Criterion Collection.

So it's not that more comedy will be a problem, it's if Bay will continue with the sexual "comedy" tone from ROTF. That said, Leo tasering himself generally got the longest sustained laughter I've ever heard in a theatre.

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2010, 08:27 PM
So it's not that more comedy will be a problem, it's if Bay will continue with the sexual "comedy" tone from ROTF. That said, Leo tasering himself generally got the longest sustained laughter I've ever heard in a theatre.

Yeah but that wasn't a sexual gag, like say leg humping. The gag is based on seeing this try-hard wannabe hardcore character fall victim to his own stupidity on his first real mission. Seeing karma in action can be funny. :D And even sexualised humour isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Like the masturbation joke in the first movie was pretty darn funny (although that didn't come from Bay - it was Shia LaBeouf and Julie White who came up with that joke during improvisation between takes ;)).

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having humour in the movies... so long as the jokes are done correctly. And I'm sure we'd all agree that there have been some good hits and terrible misses in regard to the humour in the movies (esp. ROTF).