PDA

View Full Version : Accidental price bungle

UltraMarginal
5th November 2010, 10:16 AM
Hey, I was at Toys R Us last night, and picked up deluxe tomahawk for 14.99.
It was in their system as "hot wheels truckin" worth checking out at your local.

SkyWarp91
5th November 2010, 10:20 AM
Hey, I was at Toys R Us last night, and picked up deluxe tomahawk for 14.99.
It was in their system as "hot wheels truckin" worth checking out at your local.

Man that is one lucky stuff up!

UltraMarginal
5th November 2010, 12:03 PM
Well, they only had the one, otherwise I would have picked up another for a mate, though I reckon if you have a tru near you and you want a tomahawk it's worth checking out. it scans on the scanner on the wall at this price too.

kaiden
5th November 2010, 12:33 PM
Well, they only had the one, otherwise I would have picked up another for a mate, though I reckon if you have a tru near you and you want a tomahawk it's worth checking out. it scans on the scanner on the wall at this price too.

from what i am told, pricing comes from their head office (including catalog pricing) and the employees do not manually do the pricing.

so there's a good chance that this pricing mistake will be be statewide?

UltraMarginal
5th November 2010, 01:33 PM
I guess that's what I'm trying to say, possibly even nation wide.
may be a couple days before it's fixed.

JuzMel
5th November 2010, 01:35 PM
Dammit! why oh why didn't this post come earlier! I was just there at TRU last night! :p

jazzcomp
5th November 2010, 01:39 PM
hope no one from TRU's browsing here. :)

snaketales
7th November 2010, 10:54 AM
It appears to be nation-wide: the same thing happened at a TRU here in WA

hoo-HA!

valkyrie_76
8th November 2010, 06:09 PM
Well TRU innaloo had nothing for Tomahawk and Cannington only had Terradive so its a bust in two stores here in WA. If someone could find Tomahawk for the cheap price, can someone pick one up for me?

ITZTRU
11th November 2010, 04:08 PM
Hey guys

Just got back from Toys R Us myself...

found Cybertronian Soundwave there listed at 29.99

picked him up for 17.99!!!

Just a heads up :)

UltraMarginal
11th November 2010, 10:17 PM
Well TRU innaloo had nothing for Tomahawk and Cannington only had Terradive so its a bust in two stores here in WA. If someone could find Tomahawk for the cheap price, can someone pick one up for me?

If I see one I'll grab it but there was only the one last week at my local TRU.

5FDP
11th November 2010, 10:22 PM
Considering how much TRU rip people off *cough* $250 Starscream *cough*, I think this is poetic justice. What goes around comes around ;)

Vector Prime
12th November 2010, 12:37 AM
I picked up the remaining two Tomahawks (Bankstown store) this afternoon to try and prevent toy scalpers buying them..

As I already have him, they're on offer to other forum members here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=131699#post131699) at the same price (only really worthwhile if you're in Sydney & you can arrange pick up, otherwise the saving is negated if you need to have it posted).