PDA

View Full Version : new transformers game?

Tommy K
6th November 2010, 08:00 PM
http://tformers.com/transformers-activision-announces-new-transformers-game-for-2011/14609/news.html

hey guys, i just found out about this and thought you guys would like to know

EDIT: the video i found out about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC9rHlFinWY&feature=sub

EDIT: its been declared that there is a movie game for next year, but the year after that is the TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON 2 game

plus some info on the mmo, nothing really just still talks lol

1AZRAEL1
6th November 2010, 08:05 PM
Was inevitable, and thanks for posting it. I hadn't known about it. But with the success of WFC, I knew they would do another game, just not so soon.

SharkyMcShark
6th November 2010, 08:11 PM
Its almost definitely the Movie 3 tie in game.

Bartrim
6th November 2010, 08:16 PM
Good stuff. Although I'd rather they take their time and get it right and not try and cash in on a good thing with a rushed piece of rubbish

griffin
6th November 2010, 10:16 PM
Its almost definitely the Movie 3 tie in game.

Yeah, there'd only be the one TFs game released in a year, and next year it would be unusual if there wasn't a TF3 game.

5FDP
6th November 2010, 10:20 PM
I don't reckon this has anything to do with TF3 because it is a given that there will be a game for that anyway. This announcement is for something else... perhaps a continuation of WFC.

GoktimusPrime
6th November 2010, 10:28 PM
If they made a G1 game in a similar vein as WFC, then I'd be a happy chappy. :) Whatever it is they'd better release it on PC cos I'm not much of a console gamer.

griffin
6th November 2010, 10:59 PM
I don't reckon this has anything to do with TF3 because it is a given that there will be a game for that anyway. This announcement is for something else... perhaps a continuation of WFC.

The news posting said it was just from an investors (shareholders?) meeting, not for fans or general consumers/public - so is likely to just mention the basics of their upcoming revenue for people attending (who wouldn't be gamers or fans).
At least, I'm hoping... as I couldn't afford to spend time on two TFs games in one year. :p

GoktimusPrime
7th November 2010, 09:13 AM
At least, I'm hoping... as I couldn't afford to spend time on two TFs games in one year. :p

+1 I barely have time to play WFC!

Gutsman Heavy
7th November 2010, 02:18 PM
movie game

Tommy K
13th November 2010, 09:07 PM
EDIT: NEW INFO

discuss.....

or bump, whatevers clever

kaiden
13th November 2010, 09:26 PM
the movie game will probably suck but the wfc2 will be good if they dont screw it up. personally i'd like them to fix the connectivity and matchmaking for online play.

the mmo announcement surprised me!

1st question is monthly fees or free with micro transactions? i prefer the later, since like most people, we dont have much time and there's no way they can compete against WOW.

2nd is what will the gameplay be like? I'm hoping for interplanetary domintion style play - Like faction bonuses for conquering Cybertron, Earth, Charr, Planet of Junk? and therefore squad based combat?

Hursticon
13th November 2010, 10:02 PM
Movie Tie-in Game: Activision in-house production, will succeed in failing. :rolleyes:
War For Cybertron 2: Highmoon Studios production, will only succeed and push the bar further. ;):cool:
MMO Game: Wasn't this supposed to be an Asiatic release only? :confused:

1AZRAEL1
14th November 2010, 10:21 AM
As long as they don't rush getting WFC2 out, I will be happy. even though I really would like it to come out soon, I think they will make a better game if they give it the time.

kaiden
14th November 2010, 02:32 PM
As long as they don't rush getting WFC2 out, I will be happy. even though I really would like it to come out soon, I think they will make a better game if they give it the time.

plus people need more time to enjoy their dlc purchases of the first game.

1AZRAEL1
14th November 2010, 02:43 PM
plus people need more time to enjoy their dlc purchases of the first game.

And some people need to still buy it :o

(I have the DS versions, but not console or PC yet)

Darthprimus
14th November 2010, 07:16 PM
lets hope WFC2 goes 3D like black ops or batman. would be super sweet.

Bartrim
14th November 2010, 07:19 PM
I'm actually hoping that WFC2 has a more expansive campaign (either solo or multiplayer is fine) with morecharacters and further exploration of Cybertron... especially other cities like Tagan Heights