PDA

View Full Version : RtS Perceptor gallery

griffin
9th November 2010, 02:28 PM
From the KO toys website (http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=1123.0), photos of the upcoming Perceptor toy in both modes.
Very nicely done - it looks so much like Gen1 Perceptor in robot mode, I'm thinking, how can that turn into a vehicle when it looks like it should turn into its original microscope mode.

kaiden
9th November 2010, 02:41 PM
Very nicely done - it looks so much like Gen1 Perceptor in robot mode, I'm thinking, how can that turn into a vehicle when it looks like it should turn into its original microscope mode.

Strange that huh? but the pictures reveal his backpack and that the alt mode is mostly a shell that folds away into his legs which i though was well done.

griffin
9th November 2010, 02:57 PM
Well, from the front at least... but yeah, the back half gives it away.

5FDP
9th November 2010, 02:58 PM
Perceptor can only be a microscope. Nuff said!

Hursticon
9th November 2010, 03:18 PM
Absolutely lovin'this figure and can't wait for it's release! :D

I'd still like to see how the hell they're gonna get Reflector out of this mold though? ;)

1AZRAEL1
9th November 2010, 03:26 PM
it looks so much like Gen1 Perceptor in robot mode, I'm thinking, how can that turn into a vehicle when it looks like it should turn into its original microscope mode.

Perceptor can only be a microscope. Nuff said!

I'd like to wager that he will have an unofficial Microscope mode that some person will figure out. At least, I hope so, he does look friggin sweet and a great homage to G1 Perceptor.

I'd still like to see how the hell they're gonna get Reflector out of this mold though? ;)

I too would like to see how they can pull it off. Is it to be like the original with having 3 robots? Or just as the main bot? Coz then I can see how they could do it if he is just singular. Bit of a retool on the head and chest, and that will be it.

Paulbot
9th November 2010, 03:55 PM
I want this for the robot mode. That's the selling point.

I too would like to see how they can pull it off. Is it to be like the original with having 3 robots? Or just as the main bot? Coz then I can see how they could do it if he is just singular. Bit of a retool on the head and chest, and that will be it.

Hasbro are clever. They release a repaint of Perceptor as Reflector and the fans will buy it three times (Just like many fans are waiting to buy multiple Scourges). ;)

1AZRAEL1
9th November 2010, 03:59 PM
Hasbro are clever. They release a repaint of Perceptor as Reflector and the fans will buy it three times (Just like many fans are waiting to buy multiple Scourges). ;)

Which I might be in this category :D

Sky Shadow
9th November 2010, 04:02 PM

Yeah, I have no interest in this, but I would buy the (%@# out of it if it was coloured as Reflector. (I assume it will just be Viewfinder rather than clearly representing Spectro or Spyglass, but I'm certain that cartoon fans will buy them in lots of three.)

GoktimusPrime
9th November 2010, 07:46 PM
Perhaps Hasbro could repaint/retool the toy once as Reflector, then create three packaging variants with the names Spectro, Viewfinder and Spyglass! Some of us might just buy one Reflector and be happy with it, but I could imagine completists wanting to hunt down all 3 of them even if it's the same toy. :D

jaydisc
9th November 2010, 09:11 PM
The chrome makes me wonder if it's United as opposed to Generations. If not, good on Hasbro for chroming it up.

1AZRAEL1
9th November 2010, 09:13 PM
The chrome makes me wonder if it's United as opposed to Generations. If not, good on Hasbro for chroming it up.

I'd say it's Hasbro's doing, considering they used chrome on the recent ROTF Ravages that they released. Who knows, maybe Hasbro will be going with chrome with some figures that deserve it now.

kup
9th November 2010, 09:16 PM
It's possible that it could be Hasbro's release, if so then that's very good.

5FDP
9th November 2010, 09:59 PM
From what I have heard / read, they (Hasbro) have been experimenting with the chroming process with figures such as Generations Thrust. Apparently they encountered a few issues but seem to have ironed things out therefore we should start seeing more toys with bling. I for one am in favour of this.

1AZRAEL1
9th November 2010, 10:12 PM
I'm for it as well, as long as it doesn't look tacky. IMO, a number of the henkei look tacky to me with the chrome. Perceptor with the chrome chest looks great. Even the Ravage they released looked a tad tacky to me.

Robzy
9th November 2010, 11:08 PM
This guy looks suh-weet!

Can't wait to get him. I'm loving nearly all these new figures so far!!

5FDP
10th November 2010, 09:52 AM
I'm for it as well, as long as it doesn't look tacky. IMO, a number of the henkei look tacky to me with the chrome.

Agree with you 1000% on this. Henkei Jetfire just looked wrong with so much chrome on him. Just because they can doesn't mean they should. IMO Henkei Sunstreaker was awesome because the chrome was very well used and resembled G1 Sunstreaker even more so than the Hasbro release.

kaiden
10th November 2010, 10:11 AM
Henkei Jetfire just looked wrong with so much chrome on him.

Isn't it only chrome on his thrusters? :confused:

5FDP
10th November 2010, 11:19 AM
Isn't it only chrome on his thrusters? :confused:

Yep, and it's too much. Chrome does look good when it's placed appropriately and this just looks out of place.

liegeprime
10th November 2010, 10:47 PM
THe bot mode is goodlooking, but Im still not sold on the alt mode. Why does a truck have treads for rear wheels? I know its more of a homage to G1 Perceptor having tank treads as well but it just looks weird and trying hard for me.

It looks like he's missing a plow to make the alt mode look more... acceptable in having those rear wheel treads;). Still Im getting this.

jaydisc
11th November 2010, 12:41 PM
If the Henkei toys were new non-tribute new toys, I could possibly be less fond of the chrome, but due to the chrome usage in the 80's, I find chrome as nostalgia inducing as rub-signs, and thus, am all for it.

primatives
18th November 2010, 03:30 PM
video review looks sooo cool!! :) alternate mode sucks but i will be leaving him in bot mode so no biggie :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbluL4scwsg&feature=player_embedded

kup
18th November 2010, 03:49 PM
Very impressive overall paint job although the guy is right, it needs a few more paint apps in vehicle mode.

Like always, I will wait for the Takara-Tomy pics before I make up my mind on which version to get.

Vector Prime
18th November 2010, 05:37 PM
I just watched the review and Perceptor looks awesome in his bot mode, but kinda ordinary in his alt mode (needs the extra paint apps).

The transformation is quite well engineered with the exception of where his shoulders connect (or should that be, doesn't connect) to his chest.

Besides this, I think he's quite nice and a must buy - I especially love all the bling bits on him!

Can't wait to see what the Jap version looks like.

Robzy
19th November 2010, 02:06 PM
He looks wicked!