PDA

View Full Version : PCC Grimstone & Dinobots pics

griffin
9th November 2010, 02:37 PM
The AC toys website (http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid=496808&page=27#7786127)has pics of the 4th wave Power Core Combiners Grimstone & Dinobots 5-pack.

I don't think they've lost the 'Grimlock' name, but perhaps didn't want to use it for a non-Trex dinosaur... so used a variation to the name instead.

The look of them reminds me of the JP Dinoking pretender shells, or those Dino-riders toys from the 80s.

I was expecting the 4th wave to be out by Christmas, but with the 3rd wave (of redecos) just being found globally this week, the odds are this wave of new moulds will probably be out January (and later for us).

1AZRAEL1
9th November 2010, 03:30 PM
Is reminiscent of the Dinoking shells. And my first thoughts are somewhat changed. I was not interested in this figure before, but it does look quite interesting. Although I still won't be buying it, it does look cool.

Sky Shadow
9th November 2010, 04:04 PM
Yummy. This is the only Power Core Combiner I want, and it will be mine...

fatbot
9th November 2010, 04:08 PM
I love this figure, I can't wait for it to be released!

Seraphim Prime
9th November 2010, 11:25 PM
I don't think they've lost the 'Grimlock' name, but perhaps didn't want to use it for a non-Trex dinosaur... so used a variation to the name instead.

I think it was BotCon where the Hasbro designers explained that the idea behind PCC was to recreate the feel of certain classic teams with new characters.

So you have Steamhammer with the Constructicons - they aren't THE constructicons, but they are Constructicons. Kinda like B-Team Constructicons.

And the same with the PCC Dinobots.

twisted_belly
11th November 2010, 12:56 PM
Video review of the set http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XFkfL6GHR0

I can't wait for this guy to show up :D

SilverDragon
13th November 2010, 11:54 AM
Looks very cool. I think this will be the only PCC five pack I will get.

Someone on TFW pointed out that Grimstone's drones have the same dinosaur modes as the auxillary zords on Power Rangers Dino Thunder. I haven't actually watched that, but now I plan to when I have the time.

i_amtrunks
13th November 2010, 12:43 PM
Even with the Hasbro grey they are sure to be painted in, this is the only PCC 5 pack I'll nab at non sale prices.

Whats the bet he'll be shortpacked and incredibly hard to find? :rolleyes:

jaydisc
13th November 2010, 02:42 PM
I concur with seemingly everyone in that this set looks awesome.