PDA

View Full Version : 5 Page Preview for IDW ongoing #13

i_amtrunks
9th November 2010, 10:50 PM
So here's the 5 page preview (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/5-page-preview-of-transformers-ongoing-13/20170/).

The issue will focus on Hotord and his exploits since leaving the Earth based TF a while ago.... Art by Nick "LSotW" Roche, Costa still on the story duties.

What strikes me as odd is the blurb, namely the bit I've bolded... :

RODIMUS might be impulsive, but he’s not stupid. The last anyone saw of him, he was rocketing off Earth in disgrace and a stolen ship. In this issue we finally see where he went, what his plan was, and which long-absent DECEPTICONS he came up against. Mike Costa and fan-favorite artist Nick Roche deliver a stand-alone issue that sets up the entire second year of the hit ongoing series.

A stand alone in the middle of an ongoing? I get that it is a standalone in where the focus is for the story, but it is still part of the series as a whole, rather than a sub series or spotlight issue.

And those who hated certain parts of the last Indiana Jones (Crystal Skulls) should probably skip this one...

Seraphim Prime
9th November 2010, 11:04 PM
I'll just say that the art is FANTASTIC!

I, for one, have been pretty happy with Costa's work. It hasn't necessarily been your typical Transformer story, but I like that fact about it (although why the UN Skywatch seems to be purely American based confuses me...)

And the first page should forever be held up as an example of how you keep characters consistent, without holding to a "house style". Nick Roche art doing Don robot designs. Awesome.