PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant KUP PICS

gdmetro
15th November 2010, 06:07 PM
http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=1133.0

Too Awesome.

Very reminiscent of g1 altmode.. and to me his robot mode evokes Kup from the movie. Face might not be 100% but for those perfectionists, I'm sure a custom head could be ingeniously made. Maybe even a cigar.

It's not even fair to compare this to the g1 toy.

i_amtrunks
15th November 2010, 06:10 PM
Wow, he's even got an old grumblin' man head on!

cant wait for this figure.

kup
15th November 2010, 06:14 PM
What? No Cygar? This toy fails! :p

Seriously it is pretty awesome. I am assuming this to be the Hasbro version as they are normally shown before the Takara-Tomy ones although the colors here are pretty good. I like how they painted the grill silver instead of just leaving it with the infamous 'grey' and how the gun is of an appropriate dark shade of grey too.

This mold looks to be a pretty good effort overall and if this is indeed the Hasbro version, a good effort on their part too when it comes to paint job.

tinyJazz
15th November 2010, 06:30 PM
Very nice! That headsculpt is perfect. The only thing I don't like are his huge paddle feet, but otherwise it looks great.

Also I don't think you should be surprised he has no 'cygar', it's a kids' toy! Smoking is bad! :p

kaiden
15th November 2010, 06:39 PM
I very much like this toy - tempted to stick on a toyota badge :D

GoktimusPrime
15th November 2010, 07:49 PM
Noice! I like how the musket can be attached as a weapon in vehicle mode too. :)

Lint
15th November 2010, 08:42 PM
I'm lovin that rifle. Thats a nice face sculpt but the frozen maniacal scream expression seems more fitting for a Decepticon. It's the kind of expression I wish most Megatron/Galvatron toys would come with.

I woulda been happy with a clint eastwood inspired grimace/smirk or even a venerable placid expression.

loophole
15th November 2010, 09:11 PM
not convinced by the head, but i do wander what other character will end up using this mould?

jaydisc
15th November 2010, 09:13 PM
I'm much more excited after seeing these pics as opposed to the previous few that've been released.

Vector Prime
15th November 2010, 09:20 PM
Very nice! That headsculpt is perfect. The only thing I don't like are his huge paddle feet, but otherwise it looks great.

+1 :D

swoop
15th November 2010, 09:40 PM
not convinced by the head, but i do wander what other character will end up using this mould?

I was just wondering that myself but no characters spring to mind for a repaint

kup
15th November 2010, 09:53 PM
I'm much more excited after seeing these pics as opposed to the previous few that've been released.

Same, the other pics made the face seem much more rougher without personality while this one portrays Kup nicely.

sifun
15th November 2010, 09:56 PM
Do not like head.

Nor do I like the type of cheap plastic they use.

Robzy
15th November 2010, 10:51 PM
not convinced by the head
Turbo revving young punk!... I'll straighten you out yet!

Personally... me likey!

5FDP
15th November 2010, 10:54 PM
He can have a angry face stare-off with RtS Jazz :p

snaketales
16th November 2010, 01:39 AM
The vehicle mode to me looks like it could become a Hoist, with the addition of the yellow towing gear.
Robot mode would be a bit different though.

kup
16th November 2010, 02:19 AM
The alt mode fits Trailbreaker or Hoist but the robot mode is much too sleek.

Deonasis
16th November 2010, 08:06 AM
I think his gun can also double as a walking stick. Doesnt matter though, he looks great already!

I think the repaint at some stage will be Orion Pax.

1AZRAEL1
16th November 2010, 08:25 AM
Love it. Think it will be great in my collection. I need more shelves :p

gdmetro
16th November 2010, 10:43 AM
The alt mode fits Trailbreaker or Hoist but the robot mode is much too sleek.

There's a pic of his back- which has the front windshield/bonnet. Conceivably if that were to be pushed down to form a chest, head and feet turned around I can see a very nice trailbreaker/hoist with a few remoulds.

Hope this is true!

GoktimusPrime
16th November 2010, 11:59 AM
they could retool this mould for Orion Pax

kup
16th November 2010, 12:03 PM

That's not bad either but the Earthen truck kind of contradicts the concept of a 'before earth' Cybertronian.

Lord_Zed
16th November 2010, 01:15 PM
That's Kup alright.

The head mould seems to be a little polarizing, but I like it. An appropriate expression for the character.

I agree, as for the earthen alt mode, like Hasbro pay that much attention. I'm sure they could re-write it a bit.

i_amtrunks
16th November 2010, 01:20 PM
generations Alternator Optimus Prime?
generations Dropkick/Salvage?

:p

Paulbot
16th November 2010, 01:47 PM

Isn't it obvious? There's another 1984 Autobot who's still not got any Generations love: Gears! (Digibash'd) (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=204743#post204743)

1AZRAEL1
16th November 2010, 02:06 PM
Heh, Gears is not a bad idea.

kup
16th November 2010, 06:58 PM
The alt mode colors do work great as Gears but I need to see it with a new head sculpt to see if the robot mode works.

GoktimusPrime
16th November 2010, 07:11 PM
That's not bad either but the Earthen truck kind of contradicts the concept of a 'before earth' Cybertronian.

Alternate universe. :p

Geminii
18th November 2010, 02:32 AM
I think the repaint at some stage will be Orion Pax.

He's got the grille-abs for it.

Hursticon
24th November 2010, 10:40 PM
These 'like' threads need to be consolidated...

Any-hoo, Youtube TF Reviewer Peaugh (http://www.youtube.com/user/peaugh) has just done a review on Sergeant Kup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTogiDBW6pk).

kaiden
25th November 2010, 04:34 AM
These 'like' threads need to be consolidated...

Any-hoo, Youtube TF Reviewer Peaugh (http://www.youtube.com/user/peaugh) has just done a review on Sergeant Kup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTogiDBW6pk).

after watching that review, i now want a redneck to ride in back manning the gun.

GoktimusPrime
25th November 2010, 11:51 AM
or one of John Connor's resistance fighters! ;)

primatives
25th November 2010, 01:33 PM
paint app on this guy looks really good! really deep colours and really shiny :)

Hursticon
25th November 2010, 05:30 PM

I hear that! ;)

kaiden
26th November 2010, 01:27 AM

Transformers X Terminator !?

that could be quite interesting.