PDA

View Full Version : I wield the power of the Emotional Spectrum!

Sleeve
19th November 2010, 03:15 PM
New ink.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Mulla_21/GLTat.jpg

Hursticon
19th November 2010, 03:25 PM
Hmm...
A very intriguing Tat there Sleeve, would you be willing to elaborate on it's meaning and origins?

Sleeve
19th November 2010, 03:29 PM
It's from Green Lantern. From left to right you have:

- Rage (Red Lantern Corps)
- Avarice (Agent Orange)
- Fear (Sinestro Corps)
- Will (Green Lantern Corps)
- Hope (Blue Lantern Corps)
- Compassion (Indigo Tribe)
- Love (Star Sapphires)

I didn't bother with Death (Black Lantern) and Life (White Lantern) because I'm not a huge fan of the Black Lantern symbol, and also they would not have fit. I may get them at a later stage and if I work out where to put them.

Paulbot
19th November 2010, 03:47 PM
It's from Green Lantern
For a moment I thought it was something to do with Rainbow Brite. :)

Hursticon
19th November 2010, 04:35 PM
Ah, ok - interesting indeed and a very cool Tat dude, congrats! :D

gekisou
19th November 2010, 04:41 PM
Sweet! Those are great tats of the Emotional Spectrum... which the concept I may not actually like but that is the way Geoff Johns wants it and he's a great writer.

So I take it you are a GL fan then. :)

Sky Shadow
19th November 2010, 04:50 PM
Holy @%#*! That is a cool tattoo. And I'm not someone who often thinks that of tattoos. Awesome.

heroic_decepticon
19th November 2010, 05:17 PM
man, that's bloody awesome.

I still get shivers of both excitment and fear down my spine when I read Blackest Night. It is possibly one of the best conceived and well executed "sagas" in the last decade of comics. Not to mention that the symbols for each of the corps being instant icons in and of themselves (and destined to remain iconic for many decades to come).

I agree that the black and white symbols should not be there on the same arm, it'd be overkill. Perhaps the black and white ones could be on the other arm thus creating the same symmetry as the concept (ie: black existed before the emotional spectrum and that the 7 colours come together to make white light).

Now you just have to wait till Fatbot sees this and I'm sure he'll try to top that. :D

*tip of the hat*

fatbot
19th November 2010, 06:09 PM
man, that's bloody awesome.

I still get shivers of both excitment and fear down my spine when I read Blackest Night. It is possibly one of the best conceived and well executed "sagas" in the last decade of comics. Not to mention that the symbols for each of the corps being instant icons in and of themselves (and destined to remain iconic for many decades to come).

I agree that the black and white symbols should not be there on the same arm, it'd be overkill. Perhaps the black and white ones could be on the other arm thus creating the same symmetry as the concept (ie: black existed before the emotional spectrum and that the 7 colours come together to make white light).

Now you just have to wait till Fatbot sees this and I'm sure he'll try to top that. :D

*tip of the hat*

I've already got the green lantern Tatt done, remember, just gotta get the oath done over it.

On a side note, great ink Sleeve, welcome to the club!

loophole
19th November 2010, 06:57 PM
im not a green lantern fan, but that is bloody awesome!!