PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Do from Tallestblue!

Tallestblue
15th April 2008, 03:01 AM
Hi all! I'm a new member, obviously.

My love of Transformers started way back in 85 when I was given G1 Jazz for christmas,and i have loved Giant Transforming Robots ever since.
I only had a handful of TFs as a kid but they were well loved and well played with as they're all dead now. sigh. As far as I am concerned, the Transformers movie (The animated one) Was the best piece of Animation from the 80s and the music was hair rock at it's finest.
I got serious about collecting Transformers when the Transmetals II series of Beast Wars was released and have done my darndest to get every Transformers toy that has come out since. Needless to say I am running out of space. I am 27 years old, I live on the Gold Coast and I have a Job a life and a Boyfreind, who is, honestly awesome and is learning to love Transformers as much as I do. That's pretty much all you need to know about me.

Soundwarp
15th April 2008, 06:20 AM
Hi and welcome!

What's behind the name?

TheDirtyDigger
15th April 2008, 06:40 AM
Welcome aboard Blue!:)

I am 27 years old, I live on the Gold Coast and I have a Job a life and a Boyfreind, who is, honestly awesome and is learning to love Transformers as much as I do. That's pretty much all you need to know about me.

No just need some further clarification here. You say you've got nearly every Tf since Transmetals II. So that's a massive collection of Cybertron, Armada, Energon, Universe, Movie and Classics (and I'm probably forgetting something).

So two things I'd like to ask if I may...

1) You keep them in the box or open 'em up?

2) Can we see some pics please?

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 08:58 AM
Welcome

iceburn
15th April 2008, 09:04 AM
welcome...Tallestblue

ohh another person from Gold Coast.
benben has company now amd will be able to organise some meet ups

1orion2many
15th April 2008, 09:07 AM
:)Welcome to the funny farm:D.

liegeprime
15th April 2008, 09:16 AM
Mabuhay, welcome to the boards! Do show your collection pics in the grapple threads area pls. We luv looking at collections big or small it matters not as long as they're loved! :D

i_amtrunks
15th April 2008, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the board!

autobreadticon
15th April 2008, 10:57 AM
Welcome
Howdy do you do-ly do ...... do
oh yeh i am proberly the most sane around here

Robzy
15th April 2008, 11:49 AM
Welcome to you... Tallestblue! :D

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

roller
15th April 2008, 12:23 PM
Tallest Blue meets X-Blue in the hizzhouse

you have a boyfriend eh? As for the tf movie soundtrack, i cringe at most of the songs

no, there is more we need to know about you, much more then meets the eye!

Tallestblue
15th April 2008, 01:09 PM
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!*

Now where's my Energon goodie?

Okay, to answer everyone's questions!

TallestBlue is a reference to Invader Zim, My cousin drew an awesome Avatar for me so as soon I figure how to give myself one you'll see it.

While I don't have EVERY toy since transmetals II It's pretty close, If you could walk into a shop and buy it, I have it. With the exclusion of Universe as it was mostly repaints and I despise repaints with a fiery passion. I have broken my repaint rule on a few oocasions, first when my BF got me Nemesis Breaker, Glavatron and Galaxy Force Vector Prime at a toyworld sale. (He also bought me Metroplex and Soundwave from Cybertron, it's how he won my heart. It sounds cheap but it's seriously an awesome thing to do.) Then with Silverstreak and Sunstreaker for ALternators cos there was some remoulding done it could skirt by the rule, also with the Japanese Black ARcee as it came with a tiny Allspark cube and is honestly awesome and lastly with ELita-1 from scout movie line who is currently part of the Classics on my shelf as Arcee.
I take my Transformers out of their packages, as 1) No-one's getting them till I'm dead and therefore have no real resale value for me and 2) The point of a Transformer is to transform it. how do you do that if its in a box?

As I'm living in share accomodation most my collection is with my parents in boxes as my space is limited once I get a place of my own the collection comes out and you will be able to have a gander. Hopefully that's soon. Hope that answers everything!

* The origins of the phrase "Bah Weep Granah Weep Ninni Bong" Are mired in confusion. Some beleive it to be a universal greeting of peace and freindship, others believe the phrase translates to "Spare my life, horrible creatures and you may eat my traveling companion." The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Tiby
15th April 2008, 01:45 PM
Welcome aboard!

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 02:02 PM
Buying off the shelf and avoiding repaints is a very sensible approach and the one I used to take, but I fear I've been corrupted.

1orion2many
15th April 2008, 02:19 PM
:(Unfortunately if you avaoid repaints these days that pretty much cuts out about 50% of the TF's released:eek:.

kup
15th April 2008, 02:21 PM
Welcome!

I don't buy repaints at all unless its a proper representation of a different character like the seekers. If its a half @ss repaint such as the coming Universe Red Alert or a badly thought out one like Universe Blaster then I don't care. I also don't care for 'Let's cash in' repaints such as Night Watch Movie Optimus Prime, Allspark power and so forth.

I primarily don't buy them as I don't want to encourage the practice and therefore the continued dilution of Hasbro's Transformers.

STL
15th April 2008, 02:29 PM
hi there! Welcome to the madhouse. I look forward to seeing your collection pictures. Must be awesome. :)

griffin
15th April 2008, 02:56 PM
Gee heaps of fans on the gold coast. We have 4 here now.
And a bit of a night owl huh? :)

Burn
15th April 2008, 03:27 PM
Gee heaps of fans on the gold coast. We have 4 here now.

Someday someone will live near me.
Someday.
:(

Self-pity aside, HI! :D

Pulse
15th April 2008, 05:57 PM
Hey Mate. :D

Luv the name - very original!

SilverDragon
15th April 2008, 06:25 PM
Why hello there!

jaydisc
15th April 2008, 07:19 PM
I take my Transformers out of their packages, as 1) No-one's getting them till I'm dead and therefore have no real resale value for me and 2) The point of a Transformer is to transform it. how do you do that if its in a box?

That's utter gold.

WELCOME!

Thanatos
15th April 2008, 07:37 PM
Ah Transformers... bringing couples together since... since...

Either way, welcome to the boards :)

Tallestblue
15th April 2008, 10:02 PM
Well, Transfromers bought Sam and that incredibly hot girl together, so why not? I'm just glad no teenagers want to make out on top of me.
Repaints are a pain in the Aft if you are a Transformers fan, sadly you do have to live with a few, Like say Skywarp and Thundercracker, and now apparently Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. And Cliffjumper. But I never liked him anyway. little Jerk.

Oh, and I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but for a Laugh Type "Insecticomics" into Google and click on "In Space, no-one can hear Starscream"
You'll find a hilarious webcomic featuring the Insecticons and Starscream and whole series of wacky, Slash-Filled adventures.

I hope I don't have to explain SLash. Enjoy!

dirge
15th April 2008, 10:07 PM
I hope I don't have to explain SLash.

(please don't!)

Welcome :)

autobreadticon
15th April 2008, 10:27 PM
glad to see you are making yourself at home here :)

kup
15th April 2008, 10:45 PM
Oh, and I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but for a Laugh Type "Insecticomics" into Google and click on "In Space, no-one can hear Starscream"
You'll find a hilarious webcomic featuring the Insecticons and Starscream and whole series of wacky, Slash-Filled adventures.

I hope I don't have to explain SLash. Enjoy!

Those comics are pretty good and very funny :D

Bartrim
16th April 2008, 08:48 AM
Sorry a bit late but welcome:)

Borgeman
16th April 2008, 08:53 AM
Hi :)

George

Tallestblue
19th April 2008, 02:36 AM
Uhhhmmmm....It's come to my attention that a few people have been refering to me as She. Ummm, that's wrong. I am, and always have been totally, A dude. :eek:
Yup. 100% Guy here. Perhaps it's because I said I had a boyfreind? Ooops.

Rampage
19th April 2008, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the board dude:D:p

autobreadticon
20th April 2008, 11:35 AM
when every guy thinks your a female, they all of a suddenly nicer to you...
:p

griffin
20th April 2008, 04:13 PM
No need to harass the newbies guys. :)
Just welcome them and move along to talking Transformers. :p

Verno
20th April 2008, 05:01 PM
As Optimus Prime loves to say: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

Welcome Mate.

Saintly
26th April 2008, 04:31 PM
welcome TB! (not to be confused by Tiby) :)

The_Damned
27th April 2008, 08:45 PM
hey

Vector Sigma 13
28th April 2008, 09:41 PM
hallo ha

lcz128
29th April 2008, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the board!!! :D

sifun
1st May 2008, 12:07 PM
prepare for the mass awws of letdowns from the guys that have already posted.

Tallestblue
3rd May 2008, 02:12 AM
Wait, so you all just spoke to me cos you thought i was a chick?
How bitterly disappointing.

Ah well. Robots are neat.:p

dirge
3rd May 2008, 10:43 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, I spoke to you because you have a supportive other half. Of which I'm jealous...

I love the fact that he won you over with TFs, too. Okay, so it doesn't fit the standard definition of romantic, but I'm a big believer in gifts like that where they're chosen to suit the receiver, rather than to fit into what Hallmark tells us are good romantic gifts.

You mentioned that you've tried to collect every TF since BW... how is your G1/G2 collection coming along?

Tiby
4th May 2008, 12:00 PM
I agree with dirge. Finding a partner who supports your "habit" is a rare find!

And please feel free to share any collection pics you might have!