PDA

View Full Version : Gear4Toys G1 Ironhide & Ratchet Upgrade sets

Hursticon
24th November 2010, 12:12 PM
Courtesy of Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com), A new 3rd Party Custom Toy company by the name of Gear4Toys (http://www.gear4toys.com/) has developed a new set of G1 Ironhide and Ratchet figure upgrades (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-g1-ironhde-and-ratchet-upgrade-kits-from-gear4toys/20248/).

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1290522051_gt.jpg

1AZRAEL1
24th November 2010, 12:20 PM
While being pretty cool, I am neither here nor their on these. I like to keep my G1 figures as they came out. Maybe if I had a second set of them...

Hursticon
24th November 2010, 12:22 PM
While being pretty cool, I am neither here nor their on these. I like to keep my G1 figures as they came out. Maybe if I had a second set of them...

Admittedly, I kinda feel the same way. :o
Though, that CrazyDevy G1 Predaking Sword... :p

Paulbot
24th November 2010, 12:30 PM
Those look pretty nice and better than previous new heads I've seen for these two. Adjusting the chest and arms makes a huge difference. Light up eyes aren't really necessary though.

gekisou
24th November 2010, 12:32 PM
Looks nice but I haven't bought any 3rd party stuff before and I'm really not sure I want to start... I mean, G1 toys are the way they were meant to be and the Classics/Henkei versions are pretty accurate...

Sharky
24th November 2010, 12:35 PM
they are not bad, but they are kind of clunky looking.. Like 1AZRAEL1 if i had more ratchets and ironhides they might be worth getting

rampagesss
24th November 2010, 03:07 PM
Oh hell yes ill be getting these :D

Sky Shadow
24th November 2010, 03:56 PM
I abhor 'cartoon' accuracy, but I think they've done a pretty good job. Although it would be nice if that turned into a trailer or substituted for the weapons bay in vehicle mode.

kup
24th November 2010, 04:19 PM
I abhor 'cartoon' accuracy, but I think they've done a pretty good job. Although it would be nice if that turned into a trailer or substituted for the weapons bay in vehicle mode.

Yeah it's nice in robot mode but at least with the other heads, you could always fold them in for vehicle mode. The heads and arms just become left over kibble.

canofwhoopass_87
24th November 2010, 07:15 PM
Heh they have "classics/universe" style upper torsos and G1 waists and legs. Looks funny IMO.

Think I'll stick to the custom heads I already have

Not liking these new vintage G1 custom upgrades. You can't simply throw in some joints to articulate bricky toys. Don't mess with perfection man :p

heroic_decepticon
25th November 2010, 12:14 PM
Oh hell yes ill be getting these :D

oh hell, yes! Me too.

The heads and arms just become left over kibble.

I like kibble. I like G1 for the fact that in either modes, there could be lots and lots of kibble and parts all over. I think the modern toys are more boring because they dont have kibble and a good amount of parts/accessories (that and they don't come with sticker sheets). :D

gdmetro
25th November 2010, 04:20 PM
oh hell, yes! Me too.

I like kibble. I like G1 for the fact that in either modes, there could be lots and lots of kibble and parts all over. I think the modern toys are more boring because they dont have kibble and a good amount of parts/accessories (that and they don't come with sticker sheets). :D

Ditto for both.

Just happened that I recently picked up encore Ratchet/Ironhide MISB for 10 bucks in total!! I bought the other custom heads but never opened em- what a waste now since they're obsolete.

My only gripe with this set is the lack of feet extensions- I saw some customizer had made on TFW looked good. Maybe some additional hips. But the parts they have made look pretty awesome.

I wonder how they will look next to henkeis? Maybe I won't need to hunt down that Henkei Ironhide after all...

And yes why cant newer bots have kibble especially missile launchers?
Especially for the henkei lambo twins or mirage. I had to spend on third party items to get the chromed launchers- Should have been included in the first place- and no, they don't have to integrate into alt mode. As for stickers- I don't like em coz I suck at putting em on. They always look misaligned.

liegeprime
26th November 2010, 01:17 AM
Interesting, but... no. Ive already put heads on both my original G1 and Encore Versions of Ratchet and ironhide, the more articulated arms and light up eye feature IMO doesnt look to sit well with bricky G1:p. Ill pass on this one. Plus Im sure these will cost a lot with light features and all....:rolleyes:

heroic_decepticon
26th November 2010, 08:41 PM
...and no, they don't have to integrate into alt mode.

yup! Agreed.