PDA

View Full Version : TF T-Shirts

SofaMan
15th April 2008, 02:50 PM
To keep myself occupied these school holidays, I've decided to do some screenprinting.

I wanted to make at least one TF t-shirt, and I've decided that one of the following would be a goer; i saw a similar one online, and decided a TF version would be fun.

They're both variations on the same shirt, but I wanted to get a sense of people's preferences. That way, I can keep the screen and depending on how it goes, I might be able to take some orders if people want one. I prefer the first one myself, but I'm prepared to be swayed.

http://www.adam.com.au/comfortzone/Devastator_You_Complete_Me_1.png

http://www.adam.com.au/comfortzone/Devastator_You_Complete_Me_2.png

stencilator
15th April 2008, 03:13 PM
I like the first one best too. Cool idea.

TheDirtyDigger
15th April 2008, 03:14 PM
Haha...funny stuff!:D

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 03:31 PM
That first one is fantastic! I'd take one of those :)

The second one is nice, but I love the classic instruction art on the first, and the clearer image works well.

i_amtrunks
15th April 2008, 03:34 PM
The second one is nice, but I love the classic instruction art on the first, and the clearer image works well.

Thats what I prefer, its damn easy to see.

Not a huge fan of the dot style text, but otherwise its damn good.

How much is the screen printing going to set you back? I have made a few Iron on transfer shirts, but they suck in terms of quality when compared to the screen printed ones.

SofaMan
15th April 2008, 04:39 PM
How much is the screen printing going to set you back? I have made a few Iron on transfer shirts, but they suck in terms of quality when compared to the screen printed ones.

Not too much - I've already got the screens, now I just need a squeegee, some photoemulsion and some ink. And obviously, an affordable source for tshirts. I'm guessing I should be able to do each shirt for about $15 or so? Maybe less, maybe more, but I'll give a better estimate once these are on offer.

How many, ahem, plus-size members do we have? I usually get my giant tees from Target or KMart, but I'd prefer to go somewhere where I can get a reasonable quantity cheaply. :)

1orion2many
15th April 2008, 04:40 PM
:)The first one, mainly because the picture is far clearer otherwise I most probably would have gone number 2:D.

autobreadticon
15th April 2008, 04:42 PM
i really like the first one, you should try making your print white and print the white image onto a black t-shirt

iceburn
15th April 2008, 04:42 PM
would choose number 1, but 2 is cute...

SofaMan
15th April 2008, 04:49 PM
I'll try and do a better version of number 2, since people seem to be saying it's too dark.

Anyway, here's a white on black version of the first one:
http://www.adam.com.au/comfortzone/YCM1-BW.png

autobreadticon
15th April 2008, 05:39 PM
sofaman that t-shirt will always be in fashion and you dont have to worry about getting it dirty.

while you are at it, why not get Griffins permission and make an Ozformer print on the bavk?

SofaMan
15th April 2008, 06:06 PM
Okay, here's some updated white on black versions. I found a better font too.

http://www.adam.com.au/comfortzone/YCM1.2-BW.png
http://www.adam.com.au/comfortzone/YCM2.2-BW.png

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 07:08 PM
I like the new font, but I personally hate wearing black t-shirts. Still prefer option one.

jaydisc
15th April 2008, 07:16 PM
They're both awesome, but option 1 is a clear winner.

I'm with Paul too in that I like the later font but prefer the white shirt.

Great work!!! I don't think you'll have any problem finding buyers :)

Thanatos
15th April 2008, 07:40 PM
I would be all over design 1. I would buy it and wear it with pride.

Pulse
15th April 2008, 07:53 PM
If you decide to print some design number 1's in white, please put me down for one. :)

SofaMan
15th April 2008, 08:27 PM
The thing with these is though that the 'light' (white etc.) on 'dark' (doesn't have to be black) and the dark on light is that they are two different sets of screen art.

My preference is to have the 'light' print on darker shirts (i.e. black, red, blue, navy, green, etc.). Just wanted to make it clear that it doesn't need to be a black shirt, just any shirt that a lighter colour will show on. :)

autobreadticon
15th April 2008, 08:29 PM
black t-shirt cause i am part of the emo crowd

also white print on light blue tshirt always looks good

Thanatos
15th April 2008, 09:18 PM
I'll use a black t-shirt if this comes around.

Pulse
15th April 2008, 09:31 PM
The thing with these is though that the 'light' (white etc.) on 'dark' (doesn't have to be black) and the dark on light is that they are two different sets of screen art.

My preference is to have the 'light' print on darker shirts (i.e. black, red, blue, navy, green, etc.). Just wanted to make it clear that it doesn't need to be a black shirt, just any shirt that a lighter colour will show on. :)

Putting it that way, A "light" print on a green shirt would look pretty good. It would be a kind of throwback to Devastator's Green - well sort of. :p

Bartrim
16th April 2008, 10:01 AM
Definitely like the first one. Are you taking orders for us Ozformers?

i_amtrunks
16th April 2008, 10:40 AM
Loving the new font, but option 1 is still my favoured design.

Best and Less are usually okay for plain coloured shirts, but at this time of year they are more likely to only have long sleeved shirts.

Having the screen in white on a navy Blue shirt would look pretty good too.

roller
16th April 2008, 01:05 PM
whats the status of the OzFormers shirt??

SofaMan
16th April 2008, 06:56 PM
Definitely like the first one. Are you taking orders for us Ozformers?

Getting a 'sense of the room' right now, rather than taking order as such. I'll probably make up the screen in the next day or two, and then take it from there.

They may be a tad more expensive than I'd planned, because the photo-emulsion to make the screens was $75, which was more expensive than I expected. It really depends on the price I can get tshirts for, and the range of available colours/sizes. :)

If this round of printing goes well, then I may be ready to try an Ozformers shirt in the next round. :)

Bartrim
17th April 2008, 08:57 AM
Putting it that way, A "light" print on a green shirt would look pretty good. It would be a kind of throwback to Devastator's Green - well sort of. :p

Dude I think that is an excellent idea.

jaydisc
17th April 2008, 09:05 AM
Oh please Sofaman, please make this available to us.

iceburn
25th July 2008, 12:13 AM
Oh please Sofaman, please make this available to us.

how's this going on too???

Geminii
27th July 2008, 01:44 PM
Screenprinting, eh? I wonder how hard it might be to put something like this on the back of a T-shirt...

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=14

komikskolektor
27th July 2008, 08:41 PM
check this out, transformers philippines , see what we're missing here in OZ.. check out their club tshirt too http://transfansph.multiply.com/journal

sifun
28th July 2008, 03:26 PM
I like the first font better rather than the GTA4 one. hahah Looks awesome, would totally wear it out

Vector Sigma 13
28th July 2008, 03:58 PM
Good idea Sofaman, i like the first one- id buy one. Ozformers T-shirt would be so cool.

sifun
28th July 2008, 04:04 PM
hey guys I just saw this site, may be of handy

http://www.zazzle.com/

I want to make a black tshirt with razorclaw lion face and divebomb wings on the back... would look awesome.
Anyone have any high resolution pics of flat image of both lemme know :)

Geminii
29th July 2008, 07:06 PM
For that, you might be better off seeing if you can find lineart of the images you want (for example, from scans of the instruction bookets for either Predaking or the individual Predacons, or G1 S3 DVD screencaps), converting the section you want to vector art, adding colour fills and then scaling it to the dimensions you want for the T-shirt.

That should work for toy-based flat-colour art, anyway. If you want a more 3D look, track down high-resolution photos of the toys (seibertron.com, maybe?) and use those, or perhaps someone here might oblige with their own Predaking.

Of course, if you're after something that looks like it should be airbrushed onto the side of a van and wouldn't be out of place with barbarian amazons in chrome bikinis, you might have to get them customised...