PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Monday battle for Battle Cat thread of glories and disappointment

kurdt_the_goat
28th November 2010, 02:36 PM
I have had a harrowing weekend with internet troubles that got me seriously panicking about Cyber Monday!

When i moved house i reluctantly had to go onto ADSL1 instead of 2+ because i'm on a RIM. It's been mostly fine, still connecting almost as fast as i used to have, but occasionally dying in the ass and just not loading past certain pages of certain sites, matty being one of them!

Stupidly, i look at calling iinet support as my last resort. Of course, when i did, they actually fixed the problem right away and could have saved me a weekend's worth of stress. Lesson learned!

Seems the iinet website lists incorrect settings for ADSL1 customers.
PPPoE should be PPPoA, LLC should be VC, MTU should be lower... bastards!

But now it's working fine and i can sleep easy knowing i'll at least have a chance of getting Battle Cat (and He-Man!) tomorrow night. I was even considering driving into work at 1am to use the connection there!

Share your stories as they happen and good luck to everyone who's fighting for the Fighting Tiger of Eternia!

kup
28th November 2010, 03:27 PM
Good thing you have everything sorted before the coming Siege!

I am also getting ready for the Cyber Monday sale but I am also preparing for potential disappointment as it's almost like entering a draw. You never know how long you may be stuck in the WSOD. I appear to have been lucky last time but who knows what will happen this time around.

I just hope that I am able to score Battle Cat. Skeletor and He-Man would just be bonuses.

Tallestblue
28th November 2010, 04:30 PM
I too am nervous for the upcoming Cyber monday and hoping the 50 bucks I have saved is enough for Battlecat. (I'm choosing the slow shipping option.)

gekisou
29th November 2010, 12:33 PM
Good luck to everyone cos I already have those figures that are on Cyber Monday so I can give it a miss.
And Battle Cat should be going for 30USD and then another 9.90USD shipping so you should be fine Tallestblue.

Tallestblue
29th November 2010, 06:50 PM
Good to know. I don't want to miss out on him tho So I'll be online at 1am.
Digital claws ready and all that.

kurdt_the_goat
29th November 2010, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure 1am is the right time for you cause that's my time in WA!
The sale starts ~8 hours from now, i think that's 3am for Gold Coast?
12 noon New York time (EST) (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179), 9am Los Angeles Time (PST) (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=137)

I'm just staying up until it appears anyway, not risking a nap!

Sale Starts: Monday, November 29th at 9 AM PT
Sale Ends: Sunday, December 5th at 11:59 PM PT

Tallestblue
29th November 2010, 10:25 PM
Ohhh. that is three am! I think someone on He-Man.org gave me a false time...
Dirty pool!!

kurdt_the_goat
30th November 2010, 02:43 AM
15 mins! He-man.org seems less busy than the 15th, hoping this will be easy :)

kup
30th November 2010, 02:46 AM
I am screwed. I need to do netbanking in order to transfer money to my account but they so happen to have gone into maintenance! It was supposed to have finished by 3:30am but its still going!

kurdt_the_goat
30th November 2010, 02:51 AM
That is definitely on the side of disappointments and not glories :( Is there anyone you can wake up? :(

kup
30th November 2010, 02:51 AM
That is definitely on the side of disappointments and not glories :( Is there anyone you can wake up? :(

Nope. I had it unless a miracle happens in the last 5 minutes. The maintenance should have finished half an hour ago but its still going. I should have transfered money earlier in the evening but oh well...

kurdt_the_goat
30th November 2010, 02:55 AM
Sent u a pm, get on it!

kup
30th November 2010, 03:10 AM
Looks like the miracle happened and Netbank came back online just a couple of minutes in.

Wow! What a rush! I was like accepting defeat, then hope, then defeat again and suddenly VICTORY!!!

I scored a Skeletor, Battle Cat and He-Man. Aside from my own issues with Netbank, the transaction was surprising WSOD free.

kurdt_the_goat
30th November 2010, 03:17 AM
not looking so rosy for me just yet :( 3/4 of the way there though... hope they've got lots!

kup
30th November 2010, 03:20 AM
not looking so rosy for me just yet :( 3/4 of the way there though... hope they've got lots!

Let me know if I can help

kurdt_the_goat
30th November 2010, 03:20 AM
Then, suddenly...

Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic Visa and said by the power of Matty!!

He-Man & Battlecat GET!

You're right about a rush... lol
This time i wasn't so confident as to leave just one tab open, at a point i had 3 but all in the same browser so as to keep the cart going. Eventually down to 1, the urge to manually reload rising... rising... PRESSED! Couple more auto's and phheeeeeew, through to final stage! Stumbled on bloody CVC number a bit, continue... slowly.. slowly.. CONFIRM!

kup
30th November 2010, 03:21 AM
Then, suddenly...

Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic Visa and said by the power of Matty!!

He-Man & Battlecat GET!

Congratulations!!

Edit: Looks like we were lucky. A lot of people seem to be stuck in the WSOD.

kurdt_the_goat
30th November 2010, 03:27 AM
And tallestblue crosses the finish line in 3rd (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showpost.php?p=2585286&postcount=252), but everyone's a winner!!!! Where's gekisou!

kup
30th November 2010, 03:30 AM
There are still several left. They don't seem to be running out.

Edit: Congratz Tallestblue!

kurdt_the_goat
30th November 2010, 03:53 AM
Yeah a DCUC item has sold out first! All those damn DCUC fans making it slower for us :rolleyes:

Ryathalas
30th November 2010, 07:34 AM
Rolls out of bed at 730am gets the items I needed all good,this is they way is should be nice and easy shame I missed Lobo though:D

Ryathalas
30th November 2010, 07:46 AM
Yeah a DCUC item has sold out first! All those damn DCUC fans making it slower for us :rolleyes:

I'dont think it was that They probably only had 50-100 Lobo's left in stock,The fact is that everyone was thinking they were going to sell out so up you all got up at 3am(hence the lag) to try and get Heman/Battlecat which they would have had heaps of stock as everyones be crying that they missed the 1st runs,I got up at 730am and got battlecat no worries.

Sky Shadow
30th November 2010, 09:03 AM
I'm LOLing at the fact that it's 10am and all three toys are still available. :)

kup
30th November 2010, 09:21 AM
The thing is that you never know how many they would have in stock. Given the history of Matty sales, would you risk not getting up at 4am and missing out?

From what I hear the first sale of Battle cat was over in 5 minutes and last time, Grizzlor sold relatively quickly too.

Hopefully a trend will develop in future sales in which they have enough stock for toys to last at for at least 1 day and people will regain confidence to buy figures at a confortable time.

Sky Shadow
30th November 2010, 09:41 AM
The thing is that you never know how many they would have in stock. Given the history of Matty sales, would you risk not getting up at 4am and missing out?

I have a subscription and four different types of MOUTC Skeletors already, so I had no reason to get up at 4AM today - even at the leisurely hour of 10am there was still nothing I wanted. On a day where there's something good on sale that isn't in the subscription, it's always worth getting up at 2/3/4am (it changes depending on daylight savings here and there). Generally though, the rereleases last much longer - usually at least twelve hours.

kup
30th November 2010, 10:06 AM
Battle Cat has sold out. He-Man is almost gone and apparently lots of Skeletors left.

kurdt_the_goat
30th November 2010, 10:59 AM
Sky Shadow is right, there's this site (http://motucrec.blogspot.com/) that keeps track of the sellout times and indeed all the reissues last longer. No regrets here tho, hopefully i can catch a few z's behind my headphones at work :P

kup
30th November 2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds logical for reissues to last longer but I was under the impression that Battle Cat was left over stock and not a new production. I have heard from people that the first release of Battle Cat sold out in 5 minutes of its original run but according to that site, it was 32 minutes (still a very short time tough).

Tallestblue
30th November 2010, 12:55 PM
I ordered a Battle Cat successfully, But for some dumb-ass reason I gave the wrong postcode. And there seems to be absolutely NO WAY to correct that mistake. *Begins Three Hours of Swearing*

gekisou
30th November 2010, 02:35 PM
And tallestblue crosses the finish line in 3rd (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showpost.php?p=2585286&postcount=252), but everyone's a winner!!!! Where's gekisou!

Yes? You called?
Its great everyone seems to have gotten what they wanted and that's the most important... even with the rush of seeing the WOSD. LOL

kup
30th November 2010, 02:48 PM
I ordered a Battle Cat successfully, But for some dumb-ass reason I gave the wrong postcode. And there seems to be absolutely NO WAY to correct that mistake. *Begins Three Hours of Swearing*

You can't get in contact with Matty staff? Surely there should be a way to correct this but if you can't, maybe once it gets to Australia Post someone will realize that the post code is wrong and go by the address instead.

Tallestblue
30th November 2010, 03:24 PM
The best I can do is e-mail. Which I have done. I spoke to a customer service officer at Australia Post and they said the item will be sent to the post code listed if it's not corrected, regardless of the street address.

kup
30th November 2010, 04:03 PM
The best I can do is e-mail. Which I have done. I spoke to a customer service officer at Australia Post and they said the item will be sent to the post code listed if it's not corrected, regardless of the street address.

What about trying to contact the direct post office where the post code would take the package and speak with staff there about the situation. Maybe they can help you out by identifying the item. Usually when a package is unable to be delivered, it lingers at the distribution point office for a while before its shipped back to the sender, maybe you can get them to send the package to you.

Tallestblue
30th November 2010, 04:11 PM
There is that. I'd have to go to the Nerang distribution centre I think as Australia Post centres can't be contacted directly.

gekisou
30th November 2010, 04:34 PM
I think emailing Matty was a good idea. They take a few days to send the item out so you may have gotten to them before they sent it out and they can change the postcode for you.

Tallestblue
30th November 2010, 05:19 PM
I really really hope so.
I have no idea why i put 4211 instead of 4215. There was even a letter sitting right next to me on the couch.

kup
30th November 2010, 05:31 PM
I really really hope so.
I have no idea why i put 4211 instead of 4215. There was even a letter sitting right next to me on the couch.

It seems very close to where you live. Why not pay the 4211 post office a visit and explain the situation if Matty doesn't answer?

Tallestblue
30th November 2010, 05:40 PM
Definitely doing that. don't you worry.

*Update* Matty.com sent me an E-mail saying that they've corrected the address. And a new shipping invoice will be sent to me soon. yay!!

Sam
30th November 2010, 09:54 PM

*Update* Matty.com sent me an E-mail saying that they've corrected the address. And a new shipping invoice will be sent to me soon. yay!!

* Sam hi-fives Tallestblue * :)

kup
30th November 2010, 10:11 PM

Awesome!! That is great, very happy for you.

Robzy
30th November 2010, 11:26 PM
Hope everyone got what they wanted. I got everything they were selling first time round, so I was okay. But it was good to see that some of the figures stayed around until this morning.

I have to wake up early tomorrow though... to get the PKE Meter.

Tallestblue
30th November 2010, 11:43 PM
* Sam hi-fives Tallestblue * :)

*High Fives Back!* So glad they did that. I would have been kicking myself if my stupidity cost me Battle Cat A key piece of Any MOTU collection. I'm wondering if all the horror stories I've heard about Digital River are just the result of extremely disgruntled hardcore fans or have Digital River seriously upped their game?

gekisou
1st December 2010, 07:38 AM

Told you that would work. *whispers* Thank goodness that worked.
Now you can celebrate.

Tallestblue
2nd December 2010, 05:02 PM
We may have to delay celebrations, as Digital River sent me a confirmation e-mail that says that my shipping address is stil 4211. Yet on the MAtty website it says that my Shipping address is the Correct 4215 address. Sooo who knows what wil happen. Yay.

kup
2nd December 2010, 09:30 PM
We may have to delay celebrations, as Digital River sent me a confirmation e-mail that says that my shipping address is stil 4211. Yet on the MAtty website it says that my Shipping address is the Correct 4215 address. Sooo who knows what wil happen. Yay.

Send an Email back to Matty explaining this and regardless what they reply with, visit the post office 4211 and explain to them the situation and ask them for a direct contact number. In two weeks time when the time for delivery is due, call the post office every couple of days and ask them if there is a package addressed to you.

Tallestblue
3rd December 2010, 03:45 PM
Last update til he gets here.

All has been corrected by Matty.com very helpful (And I'm assuming Philipino)
Customer Service staff. Battlecat is being shipped to my correct address.

*Sigh of Relief*

All you have to do is be nice to them it seems.

kurdt_the_goat
3rd December 2010, 04:04 PM
That's good new Tallestblue!

I was a bit worried myself as even though i got an order confirmation right away, i hadn't received a shipping notification (whereas last time it was within 24 hours)

Being the impatient sod i am, i emailed them. An hour later, i got a shipment notification. Then an hour after that, another one! Then an hour after that, a customer service rep emailed me to say it had shipped yesterday!

So now, i'm going to be disappointed if i get any less than 3 sets of my order :D

Tallestblue
3rd December 2010, 04:21 PM
Lol, So i got all up three incorrect e-mails, does that mean three will be sent back giving three $50 credits?

Yay free Panthor and Swift wind lol!

kup
4th December 2010, 06:52 PM
Good to hear that things got resolved! I hope you do get more than one battle cat ;)

On grimmer news, this guy at He-Man.org (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=200800) who lives near the Matty distribution point received the 4 Skeletors he ordered.

All of them had atrociously applied paint on their faces!

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy344/AdultCollector/heads1.jpg

This has me very worried as unlike people in the US, it's a massive hassle to return figures internationally if at all possible.

kurdt_the_goat
4th December 2010, 07:32 PM
Hope you get a good one then... though i gotta say of those 4, only the furthest right one would bother me. I also read reports of He-Man hair mis-alignment! Best not to think about it till they arrive, dont want to jinx it!

kup
4th December 2010, 07:44 PM
Hope you get a good one then... though i gotta say of those 4, only the furthest right one would bother me. I also read reports of He-Man hair mis-alignment! Best not to think about it till they arrive, dont want to jinx it!

Did the other releases of Skeletor have similar issues? I have been looking at pictures and although the paint applications do vary (some show more green or yellow than others at different spots) the paint app seems to blend in the transition from one color to the other while these look flaked.

kurdt_the_goat
4th December 2010, 08:02 PM
I think it was the first release that had face problems and they fixed it for the second run. Mine's a second run... it's kinda patchy but doesn't come across as 'wrong' more just the style/effect they were going for. There's a bit of a blotch near his nose and one tooth is a bit messy but from the shelf you'd never notice.

http://australian-postcodes.com/grayskull-soundwave-snarl/P1070058.jpg

kup
4th December 2010, 08:09 PM
I think it was the first release that had face problems and they fixed it for the second run. Mine's a second run... it's kinda patchy but doesn't come across as 'wrong' more just the style/effect they were going for. There's a bit of a blotch near his nose and one tooth is a bit messy but from the shelf you'd never notice.

http://australian-postcodes.com/grayskull-soundwave-snarl/P1070058.jpg

Thanks for the photo. That doesn't look bad, the green and yellows blend in naturally. Maybe it's just the lighting of that guy's picture that makes it look bad.