PDA

View Full Version : Dreamwave War Within Vol 3 comic - revisted

griffin
30th November 2010, 02:44 PM
Unlike the current revisting of the Dreamwave Energon comic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9438)at the moment, which aims to cover everything over the next few weeks - this one probably won't all be revealed until next year's UK convention. But for now, we get to read about what the 4th issue was going to be about.

Before Dreamwave folded, we had 3 of the 6 issues released of the War Within Volume 3 comic... which obviously upset quite a few of the fans following that pre-Gen1 storyline.

TFW2005 has posted up the contents of Issue 4 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/the-war-within-the-age-of-wrath-issue-4-summary-170995/) from the recent UK convention, but warns us that we may not see the contents of Issue 5 and 6 until next year, if at all. It was noted though, that the script for Issue 6 was never written (which I find surprising, considering it would need to be written, drawn, printed and shipped to stores within 2 months of when Dreamwave folded, if they hadn't folded). Seems like they had too much on their plate at the time, and if they hadn't folded, there would have been delays with their publications anyway.

Sky Shadow
30th November 2010, 02:49 PM
It was noted though, that the script for Issue 6 wasn't never written (which I find surprising, considering it would need to be written, drawn, printed and shipped to stores within 2 months of when Dreamwave folded, if they hadn't folded). Seems like they had too much on their plate at the time, and if they hadn't folded, there would have been delays with their publications anyway.

Since Furman already hadn't been paid for a while at this point, he probably had better things to do than write yet another script for Nightmarewave.

griffin
30th November 2010, 02:55 PM
And that... if they were not being paid for a while, I'd imagine they'd see that the writing was on the wall, and cut back on their writing and drawing in case it was indeed wasted if the company folded.

i_amtrunks
1st December 2010, 10:43 AM
The turbomasters finally got some comic time, and it was cut short....

Can anyone say that they are surprised about the ending of issue 4? :p

So much was to happen in one issue, if that was an AHM/ongoing issue, that one issue would have taken 10 issues to all occur.