PDA

View Full Version : Your most anticipated toy in 2010

Sam
30th November 2010, 03:28 PM
Posting here because it can cover any brand...

Now that 2010 is coming to a close, what was / is your most anticipated toy that has been / will be released this year?

Is it a figure, a playset, a construction set (e.g. a LEGO set), or something else?

If you have bought / received your most anticipated toy, did you feel your excitement was warranted, or were you disappointed? Discuss. :)

Because I don't collect a lot, my most anticipated toy were the Bruticus Maximus figures and Fansproject Munitioner and Explorer figures. I was really excited about the combined mode, and felt it definitely lived up to the my expectations! I suppose it's more than one toy, but my main source of anticipation was the gestalt figure, so I hope that counts. :)

SkyWarp91
30th November 2010, 03:37 PM
Star Wars Vintage 2010 Darth Vader.

When I was younger I've always wanted to buy a Darth Vader figure but could never find one, and throughout the years when I did find some version of one - it'd be in some bigger boxset that cost like $50. But then I found Vader for a mere $15. So worth it!!!

5FDP
30th November 2010, 10:09 PM
Mine would have to be Predaking. Could never afford the original or even the early 2000's reissues, but very soon he will be minez :D

Sky Shadow
30th November 2010, 10:22 PM
United/Reveal The Shield Lugnut.

Robzy
30th November 2010, 11:10 PM
I have too many to pick just one... :o

Predaking, Star Wars AT-AT, Ghostbusters Peter Venkman (unslimed), PKE Meter prop, and MOTUC Battle Cat. That's just for starters... :D

liegeprime
30th November 2010, 11:34 PM
ROTF Bludgeon - got mine from Philippines (cheaper too) while on Holidays:D - so satisfied with the toy...
FP Munitioner and Explorer figures as well - these are just awesome though 3 rd party

Still waiting but it looks like it's not gonna happen for this year due to delivery problems:(:( - Warbot Defender but Im still keeping my finger's crossed .... siiiiighh

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st December 2010, 01:39 AM
Most anticipated, I am gonna hev to go with the 10 inch Metal Sonic I got (By Jazwares), and I was impressed with it too. It has sparked my interest in the rest of the Jazwares Sonic line too. The Super-poser size are very impressive.

Oh and Predaking ;)

I have been ore pleased with how many TFs I have bought and actually found to be really good when I thought they are just going to be ok. (leader stars for example)

i_amtrunks
1st December 2010, 09:31 AM
United/Reveal The Shield Lugnut.

Yeah this one.

Lord_Zed
1st December 2010, 07:27 PM
Fans Project Defender and The Bruticus Upgrade were probably my two most anticipated toys, mostly because I had not experienced a Fans Project toy, and was not sure what to expect. But they both met my expectations and more so particularly when you consider I was not a big fan of 3rd party stuff before.

On the true TF scale, Bludgeon was my most anticipated toy, but I dunno, in the end I didn't quite like him as much as I would have hoped too.

The Bandai Chogokin VF 27 Lucifer rounds out the list (and the middle spot) as a toy that generated and met with high expectations, improving on previous Bandai releases.

For next year MP Rodimus is already in pole position.

jaydisc
1st December 2010, 08:36 PM
Fans Project Defender and The Bruticus Upgrade were probably my two most anticipated toys...

Mine too, and they didn't disappoint, although the Bruticus upgrade exceeded my wildest expectations.

1AZRAEL1
2nd December 2010, 04:06 AM
Fans Project Defender and The Bruticus Upgrade

I'm waiting on both of these. Hope they are worth the wait, but from what I can see, they are. Just hope I get mine soon.

My most anticipated release for me this year would have probably been WFC Soundwave, with Bludgeon close behind.

fatbot
2nd December 2010, 11:36 AM
I'm waiting on both of these. Hope they are worth the wait, but from what I can see, they are. Just hope I get mine soon.

don't hold your breath, I'm starting to believe that they'll never turn up.

on happier thoughts mine would be the protector & shadow scyther. Both look great, plus I have both base figures for the upgrade (whether I upgrade SG Rodimus or use one of my spare Classics Rodimus I'm not sure about yet.).

gantz
2nd December 2010, 12:28 PM
Mine, been waiting since I was 8 years old, the Bandai Tekkaman & Pegasus set, which my lovely gf has purchased for me for Christmas.

Hursticon
2nd December 2010, 02:12 PM
Mine, been waiting since I was 8 years old, the Bandai Tekkaman & Pegasus set, which my lovely gf has purchased for me for Christmas.

Oh man Gantz I hate you! :p:D
If it's the Tekkaman Blade and Pegas figure set that I'm thinking of, man I'm so envious as I love that series too!

Blade: "Pegas, Power On!"
Pegas: "Affirmative!"
Do, Do-Do, Do-Do Do Do Do-Do... :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uhAVIQRB_8Y/Sil1fM9bw6I/AAAAAAAAGTk/CbGgUP50ruk/s400/TekkamanBlade_7.jpg

My most anticipated figures for 2010 were MP Grimlock, Reissue G1 Seacons & Reissue G1 Predacons. :cool:
All of 'em I was over the moon with and there have been some other pleasantries along the was also. :D

kaiden
3rd December 2010, 04:16 AM
Fans Project Defender and The Bruticus Upgrade

2011. lololololol

I think for 2010 it will be my big december order of protector/shadow scyther & unicron/primus.

Ryathalas
3rd December 2010, 09:49 AM
Mine was the Halo Reach Warthog & Ghost,Doctor Who 11 Doctors Gift Set, as well I'm still waiting for the Tron Legacy Figures to hit the shelf's :D

liegeprime
3rd December 2010, 10:06 AM
2011. lololololol

I think for 2010 it will be my big december order of protector/shadow scyther & unicron/primus.

Did you order it thru RK as well Kaiden? So will they be delivering it within this month? I ordered that as well as the Sidearm TM partner:)

kaiden
4th December 2010, 09:54 AM
Did you order it thru RK as well Kaiden? So will they be delivering it within this month? I ordered that as well as the Sidearm TM partner:)

yes i ordered through RK and their newest newsletter suggests that it'll be available next week and ready to ship.