PDA

View Full Version : Allspark Voyager Class figures: Inferno and Mudflap

Pulse
16th April 2008, 11:08 AM
http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12813

Strange how they chose to repaint (of all lines) an Armada figure while that Cybertron repaint burns the eyes. :p

iceburn
16th April 2008, 11:13 AM
here comes the repaints once again...
HASBRO, we want NEW MOULDS!!!!

i_amtrunks
16th April 2008, 11:44 AM
I quite like the Red Alert repaint, but then again he was one of the better Armada figures to begin with...

That and I am extremely biased to anything Inferno.

The Original Mudflap kicks this new one's tailpipe, but I cant for the life of me see any Decepticon insignia's on it...

sifun
16th April 2008, 11:54 AM
disgusting repaints.. At least use molds we actually want. Hmph!

Paulbot
16th April 2008, 12:22 PM
Hmm the All Spark line is becoming the new Universe line.

I'm still not convinced to buy Armada Red Alert no matter how it's repainted or renamed. Remember the Powerlinx version? No? Then check out K-mart it's probably still shelfwarming!

Despite the Erector reference (which is actually quite nice, I like Erector) Mudflap also looks like the yellow version of Hook, so those aspects make that toy strangely of interest.

Edit:
Erector Hook Mudflap is growing on me.

autobreadticon
16th April 2008, 12:35 PM
if inferno was coloured green and renamed trailbreaker i would be happy, but come on.... all these characters better tie into the movie :mad:

Gutsman Heavy
16th April 2008, 01:30 PM
Inferno, horrible fig, nice paintjob!

Mudflap looks alright, I've never had any experiance with the cyb figure, other than selfwarming my target, he's probably still there!

lcz128
16th April 2008, 01:47 PM
Wow- I didn't know that they were still doing repaints... and bad ones at that- Mudflap is far too yellow! If they cast it in a shade that actually resembles a real crane then we'd be talking. As is, he's just hurtful to the eyes <_<; I only have 3 Armada figures- and they all combine (Micron Legends Magna Convoy and Armada Jetfire) ... :b I didn't touch the others cause that was JUST before I got back into TFs (The Magna Convoy kicked it off for me- I love it :D)

So I think that's a pass and a pass. :b

Bartrim
16th April 2008, 02:37 PM
I don't mind Inferno. I like the colour scheme. Not a fan of Mudflap.

jaydisc
16th April 2008, 03:27 PM
I've been grabbing all the Cybertron repaints because I'm new to the fold and don't have any of the original Cybertron figures, but these don't look too flash. If I see them for about $35 onsale somewhere (unlikely because it will likely be a local TRU exclusive like the Ultras), I'll probably grab 'em.

[three of] The last four Walmart Exclusives were considered to be good molds (Big Daddy, Jolt, Grindcore). What are people's opinions of these molds (temporarily ignoring the paint jobs)?

i_amtrunks
16th April 2008, 03:38 PM
I've been grabbing all the Cybertron repaints because I'm new to the fold and don't have any of the original Cybertron figures, but these don't look too flash. If I see them for about $35 onsale somewhere (unlikely because it will likely be a local TRU exclusive like the Ultras), I'll probably grab 'em.

[three of] The last four Walmart Exclusives were considered to be good molds (Big Daddy, Jolt, Grindcore). What are people's opinions of these molds (temporarily ignoring the paint jobs)?

Dont skip Mudflap, he is much better than his Shelfwarming status alludes to. Very clever and different transformation, and while the Yellow might not be great, it is at least a nod to G1 Erector, or could pass as G2 Hook...

Paulbot
16th April 2008, 03:51 PM
Inferno/Red Alert has very spindly arms/legs and is all built around the disc firing chest gimmick, not a fan.

Mudflap is all about the crane, which becomes a huge weapon but the actual transformation of the truck part is pretty basic and disappointing. It's a little like Protectobot Hot Spot actually.

sifun
16th April 2008, 04:47 PM
lol Erector. hahaha

Pity they didn't name him that.

Borgeman
16th April 2008, 05:03 PM
dudes, that is Erector all over - except he needs red windows....

George

Soundwarp
16th April 2008, 06:57 PM
here comes the repaints once again...
HASBRO, we want NEW MOULDS!!!!

:D LOL Laughed so hard i have quoted you in my sig.

Pipesqueak
16th April 2008, 08:44 PM
I'll probably get inferno for my armada colletion. It's a nicer deco than the original armada red alert and the energon prowl redeco is too hard to find.

STL
16th April 2008, 10:44 PM
Dont skip Mudflap, he is much better than his Shelfwarming status alludes to. Very clever and different transformation, and while the Yellow might not be great, it is at least a nod to G1 Erector, or could pass as G2 Hook...

I agree w/ i_amtrunks entirely on Mudflap. And I agree w/ Paulbot's assessment of Red Alert.

Of the two molds, the Mudflap is incredibly better. He isn't visually appealing in alt mode but as a toy he is very good and has surprising good balance despite the front heavy appearance. If you recall my Cybertron review, he's one of the ones I mentioned as mediocre in comparison to the line itself but still excellent if compared to the broader TF universe. I think the realistic colours look quite nice. I'd like to ask someone to add a touch of red to it so I can get an Erector out of the mold. I'm definitely on the hunt for this repaint.

Those photos of Inferno are -really- deceptive. He does not look that good and as Paulbot said, those arm proportions are shocking. The spring shoulder cannon is also very easy to loosen up and the toy around the legs isn't as solid as one would like.

I'm pretty annoyed about the movie line but I think they'll run it concurrently w/ Animated until Classics 2.0 hits. At least they've spot spouting FABs. It's at least good now they're doing some repaints of decent moulds compared to say Swindle/Dreadwing etc. I'd love to see Landmine repainted similar to how DD did his. That'd be sweet.

I guess I'm not as riled as you are, Iceburn, cos of the fact its a G1 homage in their. And that goes a long way for me since I tend to rename characters to more relevant names where possible.

dirge
16th April 2008, 11:08 PM
The concept of Mudflap is nice, but yeah, that shade is just terrible. Either there needs to be a lot more black or we need a yellow that doesn't require sunglasses.

Wont be grabbing either, mind you. I've not gotten around to opening Cybertron Mudflap yet! (:

Bartrim
17th April 2008, 08:50 AM
I'm just curious. Are these repaints considered canon in the movie story arc? I was hoping to see some more G1 characters in the sequel (like Inferno, Smokescreen etc). I just think it'll be a shame if we don't get these characters just because the higher powers pushed out crummy repaints with their names on it to make more money inbetween movies.

autobreadticon
17th April 2008, 10:39 AM
I ccant remember if there was a yellow crane transformer in G1..... Grapple?

STL
17th April 2008, 10:45 AM
I ccant remember if there was a yellow crane transformer in G1..... Grapple?

Grapple was orange but looking at some msg boards, people want it to be Grapple though I can't see why. I guess it's either the G2 Decepticons or the G1 Erector if you're wanting a rename. I'm partial to G1 Erector b/c well... I'm a massive Gwunner.

i_amtrunks
17th April 2008, 11:07 AM
I would have loved a retooled Mudflap to be given an extendible ladder, painted red and given a new head for a true Universe Inferno...

I guess I am the only one who doesn't mind Armada Red Alert... I thought he was one of the better Armada toys (not that that is saying much!)

dirge
17th April 2008, 10:08 PM
I don't mind Armada Red Alert, but I don't think we need to be seeing the mould dragged out with a random uninspired repaint.

jaydisc
3rd July 2008, 05:05 PM
Just opened Mudflap and first impresiion is that this is a very cool, solid toy. The transformation is unique and original (from my limited perspective), and I find the color to be acceptable, and much more realistic than some of the other Movie Cybertron repaints. I dig 'im.

Inferno is OK. He's loaded with gimmicks and has a bit of a movie ratchet feel to me. He's quite mis-proportioned (fat head, thin arms). He's not really my style.

Krayt
3rd July 2008, 08:43 PM
Has anybody noticed that infernos sound chip is still the same????

So he blasts out "Red Alert [siren noise]"

Autocon
4th July 2008, 12:50 AM
when will they be in perth?????????

i_amtrunks
4th July 2008, 10:19 AM
Has anybody noticed that infernos sound chip is still the same????

So he blasts out "Red Alert [siren noise]"

Thanks I was wondering about that.

Still want the figure, priced matched to Big W would be the best. :D

STL
4th July 2008, 07:36 PM
lcz128 and I rock! We easily price matched today for these two buggers! :D

jaydisc
4th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Nice one.

Inferno is growing on me. The gimmicks are a lot more fun than I initially thought. I like these two more than I thought I would.

Zippo
4th July 2008, 09:05 PM
I do like the deco on Inferno/Red Alert. Always did want to upgrade my Armada one with the Japanese Micron Legend toy..