http://www.kmart.com.au
No city locations, visit the website to find other locations

Myer - TF toys and some merchandise
http://www.myer.com.au
Bourke Street
Visit the website to find other Myer locations

David Jones - TF toys
http://www.davidjones.com.au
310 Bourke Street (Toy section is on third floor in the Mens store)
Visit the website to find other David Jones locations

JB HiFi - TF DVDs and video games
http://www.jbhifi.com.au
206 Bourke St, Melbourne
Visit the website to find other JB locations

Comic stores

Classic Comics - TF comics (cheapest)
Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Classic-Comics/166008573448513)
Liverpool Street, Melbourne

Minotaur - TF comics and directly imported US toys
http://www.minotaur.com.au
121 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne

Comics R Us - TF comics (more expensive)
Level 1, 220 Bourke Street
114 Chapel St, Windsor
112 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood

All Star Comics - TF comics
http://allstarcomics.com.au/
Level 1 / 410 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne

Alternate Worlds - TF comics
http://www.alternateworlds.com.au
10 Railway Place, Ringwood, 3134
Unit 11 / 13 Malvern Street, Bayswater, 3153

Others

Name?
Shop 22, Paramount Retail Centre, 108 Bourke St

Lobos - TF toys
503 High St Northcote

Toyzone - TF toys
Boronia shopping mall, Chandler Rd, Boronia

TheDirtyDigger
16th April 2008, 07:55 PM
Just Collectables :- New Import stuff mainly Japanese
Chapel St, Prahran

Chapel Street Bazaar :- Occasional original G1's
Chapel St, Prahran

The no named shop run by the Vietnamese dude on Chapel St. :- New Import stuff mainly Japanese
Chapel St, Prahran

More details and exact addresses to follow.

BTW I think we should remove Comics R Us from the list. It's been both mine and STL's experience that these guys are shallow a-holes that will bag a customer once they've spent their hard-earned in their shop and also their prices are a compete and utter rort. They definitely don't deserve the free advertising here.

autobreadticon
16th April 2008, 08:16 PM
what about that shop under eaglemont station

Safeway also stocks transformers (good when stock are really dead)

also isnt there like two places in footscray that sell collectables.

one is off brakley street near the station and the other is upstairs where the savlo shop is (but i think that one is closed)

iceburn
16th April 2008, 08:44 PM
No Toys R' Us in the city anymore....
what's the closest to recommend??

jaydisc
16th April 2008, 09:04 PM
Awesome job Paul!

what about that shop under eaglemont station

Toys 'n' Stuff
60 SilverdaleRd
Eaglemont
ONLY OPEN Fri 12-4pm and Sat 1:30-3pm

No Toys R' Us in the city anymore....
what's the closest to recommend??

Northland (Preston), High Point (maribyrnong) and Chadstone depending on where you are.

turtle boy
16th April 2008, 09:13 PM
Awesome job Paul!

Toys 'n' Stuff
60 SilverdaleRd
Eaglemont
ONLY OPEN Fri 12-4pm and Sat 1:30-3pm

Whats that place like? i've bought of him before, but i've never seen his shop.

Paulbot
16th April 2008, 09:15 PM
Will update with these suggestions tomorrow. Keep 'em coming.

Dirtydigger, not sure about dropping Comics R Us off the list, poor service aside they are one of the few shops in the city that have second hand classic TFs (although overpriced).

jaydisc
16th April 2008, 09:16 PM
Whats that place like? i've bought of him before, but i've never seen his shop.

Dunno. He gave me his card at Sandown.

STL
16th April 2008, 09:25 PM
Dunno. He gave me his card at Sandown.

Generalyl speaking, exorbitant prices. Very hard to go thru him and not feel as u would do better on eBay.

iceburn
16th April 2008, 09:26 PM
It's just under Eaglemont Train Stn. Never been there but a couple of us here has e.g. STL and i am assuming TheDirtyDigger/Borge?

autobreadticon
16th April 2008, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Science Fiction
Update your details
Level 1 152 Hopkins St, Footscray, VIC 3011

p: (03) 9362 0788

Website - None Supplied

Email - None Supplied

i also remembered Japan book plaza off south yarra station had some hardcover books

TheDirtyDigger
17th April 2008, 08:19 AM
It's just under Eaglemont Train Stn. Never been there but a couple of us here has e.g. STL and i am assuming TheDirtyDigger/Borge?

His shop has got a decent range of non-TF stuff.
He does sell some original G1 stuff occasionally but, like he was trying to do at Sandown and he does on eBay, he sells KO's without saying they are KO's.

He also sells KO's of militaria and tries to pass them off as authentic as well as can be attested by his neg feedbacks on his eBay account.

canofwhoopass_87
2nd November 2008, 08:20 PM
I found out about that collectables store under eaglemont station through their ebay ads.

Anyhow, I went there a couple months back with my gf and needless to say, if you're a tf fan it's definitely not the cheapest of places. The store owner is female (and no, don't get any ideas LOL trust me) and she mainly has g1 reissues, masterpiece figs and KO MISB dinobots/metroplex/mirage at "here's-my-life-savings" prices. There was a loose incomplete original g1 prime, tailgate and camshaft ($60 LOL) if I remember correctly.

I'm not a star wars fan, but damn she had a crapload amongst heaps of other pop culture stuff (mostly figs). Definitely drop in if you have 10 mins to spare and are in the neighbourhood. It's a small store though.

Hope this answers some queries!

Krayt
3rd November 2008, 06:16 PM
She's atually the sister of the owner.... his view on KO's is "they have to be made in the factory, so they are official"..... went right through it with him one day and each time i revealled some more detailed knowledge as a collector he changed his story....

and the prime is a KO.... came from a damaged box....

sometimes he has some good real stuff... i still haven't opened the MISB G2 Ramjet and other G2 gobots and cyberjets i got from him a couple of years ago

jaina85
12th May 2010, 01:29 PM
i just noticed this thread! i have some feedback about gardenvale collectables, i mentioned seeing masterpiece megatron there in the sightings thread a little while ago. the staff are incredibly rude! very much an attitude that our very being there was a great inconvenience and that we were not worth their time, even though my fiance bought some vintage magazines. i won't be going there again, or dealing with them on ebay.

Lordy
19th May 2010, 09:42 AM
i just noticed this thread! i have some feedback about gardenvale collectables, i mentioned seeing masterpiece megatron there in the sightings thread a little while ago. the staff are incredibly rude! very much an attitude that our very being there was a great inconvenience and that we were not worth their time, even though my fiance bought some vintage magazines. i won't be going there again, or dealing with them on ebay.Ah bummer, was going to check out their actually physical store one day. However they are a bit more expensive than Robot Kingdom, and I am a lazy lazy man

CHILENO20
2nd July 2012, 07:43 AM
Found a new store at 113 Bourke St in the city. Its at the back of the complex, shop 22 I think, you should be able to see the sign when you enter at the front. Its got a mix of transformers, a few masterpieces, mainly movies. Everything else is your typical anime style shop. Prices are a tad on the expensive side but I think they have a sale on atm. I didnt ask as they didnt have anything I particularly wanted.

Gouki
3rd July 2012, 09:24 AM
Maybe it's time we updated the first post in the thread? Whart with EzyDVD, Hobby Japan, and Borders all having closed down. (I think AnimeZone in box hill has too). And Alternate Worlds has moved.

Paulbot
4th July 2012, 07:09 PM
Maybe it's time we updated the first post in the thread? Whart with EzyDVD, Hobby Japan, and Borders all having closed down. (I think AnimeZone in box hill has too). And Alternate Worlds has moved.

Yes good point. The first post is more than four years old. I'm updating it now.

Kazza
31st July 2012, 03:13 AM
There's Go Figures

Shop 2 / 951 Sydney Road
Coburg North Victoria 3058

They have a website:
http://www.gofigurecollectables.com.au/

Prices are a bit steep, they also have stalls during armagaddon and supanova.
Usually have masterpieces in stock.

Dodgeybros
31st July 2012, 03:23 PM
found out about a shop today in Mount Waverley, (Melbourne SE suburbs) called Blackbullet Collectables, he's got a good selection of Vintage and re-issue stuff.
I think he's a spinoff from justcollectables.com.au seeing as this is still his website.
I got me some Vintage MOTU figs from him, and saw stacks of Gi Joe, Star Wars, TF, and other pop culture figs.
3 windsor Ave, Mount Waverley, directly opposite the Jordanville train station.
he has a sign saying to ring to check if he's there before you rock up 9888 2951, http://www.justcollectables.com.au/ is his website.

Dodgeybros
3rd August 2012, 08:24 PM
CANCELLED CANCELLED CANCELLED CANCELLED.

Putting up a big slab of my collection up for grabs via garage sale before heading to evil bay.
includes, transformers, Ninja Turtles, Lord of the Rings, MOTU, etc etc etc.
You'll wanna hit this one up if you are keen to get some stuff.
the link is up on Gumtree here:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1005229152&posted=true
Address: 13 Eskdale Crt, Narre Warren
Time: 9:00am til 1:00pm.
Early callers, you will meet your demise....

Dodgeybros
5th August 2012, 08:08 AM
Putting up a big slab of my collection up for grabs via garage sale before heading to evil bay.
includes, transformers, Ninja Turtles, Lord of the Rings, MOTU, etc etc etc.
You'll wanna hit this one up if you are keen to get some stuff.
the link is up on Gumtree here:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1005229152&posted=true
Address: 13 Eskdale Crt, Narre Warren
Time: 9:00am til 1:00pm.
Early callers, you will meet your demise....

THIS HAS BEEN CANCELLED. i ROCKED UP TO THE DUDES ADDRESS AT THE AGREED SETUP TIME AND HE WAS ASLEEP, HAVING CHANGED HIS MIND DURING THE NIGHT.
I MUST SAY THAT i WAS PRETTY PISSED OFF AS MY LITTLE CAR WAS EXPLODING WITH THE GOODIES THAT i WAS PLANNING TO SELL.
SORRY TO THOSE WHO WERE PLANNING TO ATTEND FOR WASTING YOUR TIME.

CHILENO20
15th October 2012, 06:54 PM
This place is awesome! Not much in terms of Transformers, ranging from G1 up to Cybertron in just one cabinet but its got sooooo much stuff from the 80's! Highly recommended for a look and if your into other things like Star Wars, MOTU, TMNT, DC & Marvel. It's at 503 High St Northcote.

Ultra Mackness
21st December 2012, 02:24 PM
Found a new shop in the Boronia shopping mall today called Toyzone and I completely flipped out. There was a guy and his wife running the place and he has a huge range of stock from all sorts of different lines and from vintage to present. The Transformers gear was what caught my eye initially - he had animated, Masterpiece (Hasbro and Takara) and Cybertron all misb/mosc, and he had a few G1 specimens dotted around the place in cabinets filled with vintage toys from the USA and Japan. I managed to secure Cybertron Primus with the Unicron head and a Takara Pepsi Prime for $270, which while about $100 more than original retail is probably reasonable for (ebay) prices these days and certainly once postage is taken into consideration.

Other lines that were there were Star Wars (original kenner, vintage 90s reissues and some more recent stuff), masters of the universe (the reissues from about 10 years ago), Soul of Chogukan, Japanese vintage Voltron. Some of the more recent release toys were things like Pirates of the Carribean, wall.e, Indiana Jones.

He had lots of larger items, 2 MP04 Convoys were $299, as was a vintage 12" Inspector Gadget. He had a couple of gobots power suits as well as lots of boxed Japanese and loose individual gobots (released as machine men in Australia).

Too much stuff in there to mention in one post, but it was like doing an ebay trawl except the stock was there for me to pick up and hold. Definitely worth checking out.

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 03:20 PM
Where exactly is this place. I want to check it out.

Ultra Mackness
21st December 2012, 03:57 PM
Boronia shopping mall, Chandler road Boronia. It's over the road from Boronia station on the Belgrave train line ~1.5 hrs train ride from Flinders street depending on which train you catch.

swoop
21st December 2012, 04:55 PM
Do you know if they have any of the S.H figuarts dragonball z figures?

Ultra Mackness
21st December 2012, 05:06 PM
To be honest I woudn't have known those figures if I'd stumbled over them, but I just looked them up on ebay and I remember seeing figures like those in shop but couldn't guarentee anything. They had a LOT of toys, it was like sensory overload.

KalEl
21st December 2012, 06:41 PM
Boronia shopping mall, Chandler road Boronia. It's over the road from Boronia station on the Belgrave train line ~1.5 hrs train ride from Flinders street depending on which train you catch.

omfg!!!

CHILENO20
21st December 2012, 07:33 PM
omfg!!!

I second that!

Lint
22nd December 2012, 07:44 AM
Found a new shop in the Boronia shopping mall today called Toyzone and I completely flipped out. There was a guy and his wife running the place and he has a huge range of stock from all sorts of different lines and from vintage to present. The Transformers gear was what caught my eye initially - he had animated, Masterpiece (Hasbro and Takara) and Cybertron all misb/mosc, and he had a few G1 specimens dotted around the place in cabinets filled with vintage toys from the USA and Japan. I managed to secure Cybertron Primus with the Unicron head and a Takara Pepsi Prime for $270, which while about $100 more than original retail is probably reasonable for (ebay) prices these days and certainly once postage is taken into consideration.

Other lines that were there were Star Wars (original kenner, vintage 90s reissues and some more recent stuff), masters of the universe (the reissues from about 10 years ago), Soul of Chogukan, Japanese vintage Voltron. Some of the more recent release toys were things like Pirates of the Carribean, wall.e, Indiana Jones.

He had lots of larger items, but they were pricey. 2 MP04 Convoys were $299, as was a vintage 12" Inspector Gadget. He had a couple of gobots power suits as well as lots of boxed Japanese and loose individual gobots (released as machine men in Australia).

Too much stuff in there to mention in one post, but it was like doing an ebay trawl except the stock was there for me to pick up and hold. Definitely worth checking out.

Thats amazing! I will have to check it out next time I'm out that way.

Ultra Mackness
22nd December 2012, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I didnt even notice the shop at first, it was my wife who saw a Transformer on the shelf and asked me if I had that one. When I looked she was refering to an MP-04 Convoy. As I let my focus drift that was when I ralised just how much stuff he had. It was like he had samples of every toy line I had been interested in since I was a kid all in the one place - I had to pause a moment to pick my jaw up off the ground :)

Lordy
22nd December 2012, 10:12 PM

Holy shit, I live two minutes from that place. Never really go to Boronia Mall much these days since it is a bit of a waste land. Will check it out on Monday.

Mythirax
23rd December 2012, 02:51 PM
Possible for anyone to take a couple of photos in the place? Would love to just see what it looks like :D:D

swoop
23rd December 2012, 04:18 PM
Also if someone goes there before christmas can they post the opening hours, I don't want to drive an hour over there and find its closed.

Lordy
24th December 2012, 02:00 PM
I'll be going after Christmas, as I have run out of time today, and good chance they'll be shut. Will check it out on Thursday, hopefully will be open.

Ultra Mackness
29th December 2012, 03:57 PM
Went in there today to pickup Pepsi convoy and asked if they'd be happy for me to grab a couple of photos. They said it was okay to take a couple of shots of the outside so here they are. Sorry about the quality, I only have a HTC (not so) Legend (ary) phone camera :(

Bidoofdude
29th December 2012, 05:48 PM
Any Encores or reissues?

Skullcruncher
29th December 2012, 07:03 PM
I see blaster!!! :D

EDIT: http://boroniamall.com.au/ must be reasonably new....but the website appears to be growing cobwebs since June! :D

swoop
29th December 2012, 07:27 PM
From the picture I see blaster, some masterpieces, what looks like some end of the line energon figures, movie stuff and kre-o's. i might head down there next week. I doubt that they'll have anything I'm currently hunting but it will be fun to have a look.

How were the prices?

Ultra Mackness
30th December 2012, 08:01 AM
Some that didn't show up well or you just cant see in the shots were the THS hybrid style convoy in the big side window, there was also a g1 motormaster and hotspot in the glass cabinets at the front. Further in they had another Primus with Unicron head and some Japanese Armada items (I only recognised megatron though).

They didn't have opening hours clearly up that I could see, but they have said to me previously that they are basicly open when the mall is open. For the upcoming week I would think that any day except Tuesday is a good bet, but maybe give them a call?

KalEl
30th December 2012, 10:16 AM
gonna try and head there today!

KalEl
30th December 2012, 12:11 PM
Do not go on Sundays... Joint is closed :( drove 55min for nothing

Mythirax
30th December 2012, 12:56 PM
Do not go on Sundays... Joint is closed :( drove 55min for nothing

Damn, that really sucks man :(

Bidoofdude
7th January 2013, 01:50 PM
Do all stars comics have some good prices OR good Transformers stuff? I have emailed them and they said they have a few. :D

Kazza
7th January 2013, 09:16 PM
Do all stars comics have some good prices OR good Transformers stuff? I have emailed them and they said they have a few. :D

Best to go in yourself to look, but the prices are fairly steep.

swoop
7th January 2013, 09:48 PM
Just so you know its not actually their stock, they are just selling them in store for one of their friends. So you probably wont be able to haggle of the prices

Gouki
8th January 2013, 06:51 PM
Went to Toy Zone on Saturday. Pretty standard opening hours, and I'm surprised anyone thought it would be open Sunday.

But! We need to selfishly keep this place our secret. It is amazing and not just for Transformers either. Didn't even have an issue with the prices mostly, and I want to take advantage of that before it's to late.;)

There's also two places in the Melbourne CBD (One Stop Anime--Level 3, next to the HJ's on Bourke St: Not the biggest range (mostly Encore stuff), and seem to be a little expensive, but almost everything had at least 20% off, Huge range of Nendoroids and the like).

The other one was just some little anime figure shop in that centre on Bourke St, after Russell St (cannot remember the name, but Ramenya is the restaurant down the bottom. Seemed pretty expensive, with a fairly average range. Lots of MPs, and a 3rd party Hegemon for $180. MP Grimlock was $399 for example.

Bidoofdude
8th January 2013, 06:53 PM
I need a few encores. Is it hard to find?:D

Gouki
8th January 2013, 07:03 PM
I need a few encores. Is it hard to find?:D

Not at all. You just head up Bourke Street, and in between the arcade and the Hungry Jacks on the corner of Bourke and Russell, you go in an up to level 3. There are signs all over, but it certainly popped out of nowhere. The signs look way dodgier than the actual store.

Last I saw they had a couple of seekers, Sky Lynx, and some others. They had the green Skids, but I don't think that's technically Encore? They also had, non-Encore, Sunstorm, some Disney Label, the candy Fort Max, and some other little things.

Bidoofdude
8th January 2013, 07:40 PM
The twins redeco thing?

Gouki
8th January 2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah that's the one. And it's also pretty much the only one I didn't even look at the price on so I don't even have a ball park.

Kazza
8th January 2013, 09:01 PM
The other one was just some little anime figure shop in that centre on Bourke St, after Russell St (cannot remember the name, but Ramenya is the restaurant down the bottom. Seemed pretty expensive, with a fairly average range. Lots of MPs, and a 3rd party Hegemon for $180. MP Grimlock was $399 for example.

This is in the Paramount Shopping Centre or otherwise known as the Anime specalist store, Shop 22 / 113 Bourke St

Gouki
9th January 2013, 12:42 AM
This is in the Paramount Shopping Centre or otherwise known as the Anime specalist store, Shop 22 / 113 Bourke St

That would be the one! I actually walked past the shop the first time because not all the shops have numbers on them, and as you walk towards it looks like some kind of clothes/bag shop. Guess it pays to look closer.

grimlock531
10th January 2013, 02:36 PM
Went to Toyzone on boronia, just thought i'd list a few things and prices to give a rough idea on prices from memory.

Mp magnus - $189
Mp nemesis - $199
Mp prime 20th anni - $199
MP04 prime - was told $399
(no price tags, asked the guy)

Most of the deluxe size figures i found were about $29.
from what i can recall there were
armada sideways
armada thrust
SE universe dragstrip (picked that one up for myself)
cybertron dirt boss

robot masters lio convoy and optimus primal $29

Cybertron 2 pack (crossfire and thundercracker)was $45

Energon steamhammer and roadblock were $19

Energon rodimus was $45 i think

Armada megatron was $55? not too sure about that one

Other random things that I can remember
inuyasha figurines
yuyu hakasho figures 15 bucks (approx 20 cm tall)
pokemon figures
some tmnt stuff from a couple of years back
dragon ball Z figurines...from the saiyan saga yajirobi, jeice, 2nd form of frieza,
Dragon ball movie figurines
megamorphs Captain america
pirates of the Caribean figures
Looney tunes figures (39 each i think)
assorted boardgames
small assortment of gundams..think i saw 4-5 HG boxes. (EX model arch angel was 55, from hlj it would be about 40 bucks without shipping. so price seems fair)

Hope this helps some people out, if travelling to boronia is too much of a hassle.

Overal nice place to visit to browse random collectables.

Kazza
10th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Went to Toyzone on boronia, just thought i'd list a few things and prices to give a rough idea on prices from memory.

Mp magnus - $189
Mp nemesis - $199
Mp prime 20th anni - $199
MP04 prime - was told $399
(no price tags, asked the guy)

Most of the deluxe size figures i found were about $29.
from what i can recall there were
armada sideways
armada thrust
SE universe dragstrip (picked that one up for myself)
cybertron dirt boss

robot masters lio convoy and optimus primal $29

Cybertron 2 pack (crossfire and thundercracker)was $45

Energon steamhammer and roadblock were $19

Energon rodimus was $45 i think

Armada megatron was $55? not too sure about that one

Other random things that I can remember
inuyasha figurines
yuyu hakasho figures 15 bucks (approx 20 cm tall)
pokemon figures
some tmnt stuff from a couple of years back
dragon ball Z figurines...from the saiyan saga yajirobi, jeice, 2nd form of frieza,
Dragon ball movie figurines
megamorphs Captain america
pirates of the Caribean figures
Looney tunes figures (39 each i think)
assorted boardgames
small assortment of gundams..think i saw 4-5 HG boxes. (EX model arch angel was 55, from hlj it would be about 40 bucks without shipping. so price seems fair)

Hope this helps some people out, if travelling to boronia is too much of a hassle.

Overal nice place to visit to browse random collectables.

Was there any energon and cybertron leaderclass toys?

Bidoofdude
10th January 2013, 09:46 PM
Was there any energon and cybertron leaderclass toys?

I was going to ask that too. :D
Any names for some of the smaller encores?

grimlock531
11th January 2013, 08:07 AM
Only primus which was around the 180 mark.

Don't recall seeing any boxed encores on their shelves.

Bidoofdude
11th January 2013, 12:40 PM
Woops. Wrong store. I meant the other one on Bourke St that the other guy was talking about.:D:p

seespotrun
11th January 2013, 07:30 PM

Anime specalist stores

Shop 22 / 113 Bourke St

That should be:

Shop 22, Paramount Retail Centre, 108 Bourke St (https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=paramount+retail+centre&hl=en&sll=-37.811734,144.970862&sspn=0.013528,0.013926&hq=paramount+retail+centre&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A)

113 doesn't exist along that street. The shop is all the way at the back of the centre if you enter from Bourke St.

Kazza
12th January 2013, 06:42 PM
Yup just went there today, and everything is marked up to the point where its scalping prices. All the masterpieces were $400 odd (Grimlock, Megatron, etc). Some movie toys, DOTM year of the dragon optimus prime, Ultimate optimus prime, ROTF optimus prime leaderclass etc but didnt catch the price for these.

Also at One Stop Anime, they have a 20-30% off sale, saw encore skylynx, sunstorm but that was about it.

Bidoofdude
12th January 2013, 06:48 PM
Did one stop have any good prices with the sale on?:D

Kazza
12th January 2013, 06:56 PM

Skylynx was $130 now $100. Cant remember sunstorm but maybe $70-$100.

Gouki
13th January 2013, 09:09 AM

If you live in Melbourne why not just go check it out yourself instead of wanting exact prices on every item from posters and asking the same sort of questions again and again?

Bidoofdude
13th January 2013, 10:34 AM
No, I wanted a brief description of price ranges to know what to expect. I'm heading up there this week.:D

M-bot
14th January 2013, 12:58 PM
Went to Just Collectables in Mount Waverley (3 Windsor Ave, opposite Jordanville Station) - he's got a few reissues/encores/etc, including a couple of 'book style' Steppers, a Jazz, a brown Hound repaint, a couple of Skylinx's ($135), and a Metroplex ($99). I'm no kind of expert on KO's so completely unable to vouch for authenticity. He's got heaps more of the same out the back of his store too, some big animated figures, a couple of titanium series Rodiumus Convoys (the black one - ?SG? I'm not too sure), a couple of MP ghost Starscreams, some ROTF double packs, and a MISB, very new and shiny Walther P-38 in a pack that looks like a KO Megatron - the box sort of looks like a TF box but didn't appear to have any identifying markings such as names or faction symbol, and the gun handle was brown. It did have all the accessories that come with Megs in the box. I forgot the price on it though.

Bidoofdude
14th January 2013, 03:33 PM
Went to Just Collectables in Mount Waverley (3 Windsor Ave, opposite Jordanville Station) - he's got a few reissues/encores/etc, including a couple of 'book style' Steppers, a Jazz, a brown Hound repaint, a couple of Skylinx's ($135), and a Metroplex ($99). I'm no kind of expert on KO's so completely unable to vouch for authenticity. He's got heaps more of the same out the back of his store too, some big animated figures, a couple of titanium series Rodiumus Convoys (the black one - ?SG? I'm not too sure), a couple of MP ghost Starscreams, some ROTF double packs, and a MISB, very new and shiny Walther P-38 in a pack that looks like a KO Megatron - the box sort of looks like a TF box but didn't appear to have any identifying markings such as names or faction symbol, and the gun handle was brown. It did have all the accessories that come with Megs in the box. I forgot the price on it though.

Doesn't sound too bad.

Ae-Evolution
16th January 2013, 11:53 PM
I went to Boronia today to check out ToyZone, worth the 2 hour train trip. Manage to get their hours. They're open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am, my mind kind of slip here, so to be on the safe side, I'll say until 5 Tuesday to Friday and 4 on Saturday. Managed to pick up Steamhammer and Blast-Off (from K-mart)

I had a chat with the owners and they say they can special order stuff by request and they're setting up a website that will ship items out.

CHILENO20
17th January 2013, 06:10 PM
Good stuff, I went there about 2 weeks ago & picked up an Energon Slegde and Legends Cybertron Sunstorm. Wish they had a bit more in Transformers but the stuff they have there is awesome.

Bidoofdude
17th January 2013, 06:47 PM
Went to One Stop Anime and it's a nice joint. Saw some cool stuff that most have named, as well as some DVDs such as the complete Armada collection and G1 complete collection for $55. (there's also like 30% off DVDs too, so...)
It is small but it's a nice joint and they had 2 Sunstorms there and Sky Lynx.
It's a nice place to get DVDs and there's some good looking stuff.

(Also randomly picked up a random Angry Birds SW packet and got the exclusive Carbonite Han and an AT AT driver.)

Ae-Evolution
22nd January 2013, 09:33 PM
Just Collectables :- New Import stuff mainly Japanese
Chapel St, Prahran

Chapel Street Bazaar :- Occasional original G1's
Chapel St, Prahran

The no named shop run by the Vietnamese dude on Chapel St. :- New Import stuff mainly Japanese
Chapel St, Prahran

Does anyone know are these stores still around?

Paulbot
23rd January 2013, 12:00 AM
The Bazaar appears to be (http://www.chapelstreet.com.au/business-directory/business-detail/86). The other two? No idea.

Gouki
25th January 2013, 03:26 PM
Just collectables has been gone for, if it's the one I'm thinking of, years. The unnamed shop may or may not still be there. I actually think that is' the one that moved into the Paramount arcade on Bourke St--if it's not they have the same sort of layout, prices and stock.

The Bazaar though I can't see ever closing.

CHILENO20
8th March 2013, 10:10 AM
:DLobos in Nortcote has a fair few G1's in stock. Off the top of my head there was OP, Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Tracks, Sideswipe, Red Alert, Inferno, Bombshell, Schrapnel, Kickback, Soundwave, Astrotrain & Devastator. About 90% are complete. Couldn't see what prices were the Insecticons or Devastator but the majority of the others started at $99.00. I ended up buying Venom for $25! :D , not complete but in pretty good condition, easy a C8

HenshinReviews
17th March 2013, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know if Toy Zone sell Kamen rider or sentai for sale and if they do can someone send me pictures

rob007
14th February 2014, 08:53 PM
Does any one know where I can buy a Metroplex in Melbourne (Eastern Suburbs preferably)?

Thx.

autobreadticon
15th February 2014, 08:49 AM
Does any one know where I can buy a Metroplex in Melbourne (Eastern Suburbs preferably)?

Thx.

TRU around Melbourne has some for around $200

philby
15th February 2014, 09:40 AM
k-mart boronia has the year of the snake optimus prime on sale for 49, I grabbed one yesterday. Has anyone seen the Omega Supreme lately?

Thx.

I'm pretty sure Target in Southland has some for 149. Toyzone in Boronia Mall has one for 199, Alternate Worlds in Bayswater has one for 250 (part 2 of my checking out these shops yesterday!).

philby
15th February 2014, 10:46 AM
Toyzone - TF toys
Boronia shopping mall, Chandler Rd, Boronia

This place was awesome! Went there yesterday, had heaps of cool stuff. Quite a few Masterpieces, couple of loose G1s and a couple of boxed G1s as well as other recent sets. Would love to go back with a bit more money to spend! Didn't end up buying anything though :/

twizz
15th February 2014, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know are these stores still around?

the no named shop is still there near Subway as i live just down the road but his prices are through the roof

autobreadticon
26th February 2014, 02:31 PM
times are tough in Getroit (Geelong) so if you happen to be there visit the store, or visit online , free shipping on orders over $100

Have some TF products and carry statues

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/

124 - 128 Moorabool Street
Geelong, VIC, 3220
Australia

Megatron
26th February 2014, 02:40 PM
times are tough in Getroit (Geelong) so if you happen to be there visit the store, or visit online , free shipping on orders over $100

Have some TF products and carry statues

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/

124 - 128 Moorabool Street
Geelong, VIC, 3220
Australia

I ordered from them a while ago. Good service.
They sent me a nice glossy catalogue a few months ago...

Gouki
27th February 2014, 01:40 AM
PopCultcha are very dodgy people (ethically and morally) and have tried to get other shops, closed down and banned from conventions for "stealing their thunder" despite only opening up a store in Geelong because they saw how well twilight merch was moving in Gifts for the Geeks.

Gofigure
9th March 2014, 04:34 PM
Yes one of my long time very close friends runs Gifts for the Geek. And I can concur the sentiments from above ;)

Best not to go into details on that one and mum always said if you can't say anything nice at all etc etc

However Beaver who runs GFTG is a hardcore fan and regularly stocks some fantastic items; statues, DVDs, tshirts. He's a huge TF fan like myself and a very decent individual. I should chat with him about a discount for ozformers members who make their way into his store. If there's interest let me know and I will contact him. As I mentioned he's a huge fan and likes to help fans :)

Gofigure
9th March 2014, 04:36 PM
Oh and a huuuuuugggggeeee range of comics. One of the few still stocking single issues and not just trades

Blairimus2563
17th April 2014, 01:51 PM
There's a shop kind of across from Toys'R'Us Chadstone called Graus Comix,it's really nice and well done. It has some IDW TF comics and few Transformer activity books,really worth a look :)

M-bot
14th October 2014, 08:01 AM
Great news for those (like me!) in the south-eastern 'burbs of Melbourne - Fountain Gate is getting a TRU! I think it's outside the shopping centre, I'll post an address later today. Grand opening is on the 23rd of October.

Mythirax
14th October 2014, 05:25 PM
Great news for those (like me!) in the south-eastern 'burbs of Melbourne - Fountain Gate is getting a TRU! I think it's outside the shopping centre, I'll post an address later today. Grand opening is on the 23rd of October.

Damn, why can't I get one closer to home :( - Either way, awesome news to know they're still expanding.

M-bot
15th October 2014, 05:35 AM

It's located at the "Westfield Homemakers Centre" which has a street address of basically where the shopping centre is, so it might be inside the shopping centre or it might be out where the Maccas and Centrelink are. Guess I'll have to pay a visit to find out! A link to their grand opening hoopla: http://m.toysrus.com.au/i8189486

Paulbot
15th October 2014, 06:21 AM
It's located at the "Westfield Homemakers Centre" which has a street address of basically where the shopping centre is, so it might be inside the shopping centre or it might be out where the Maccas and Centrelink are. Guess I'll have to pay a visit to find out! A link to their grand opening hoopla: http://m.toysrus.com.au/i8189486

That's where the World 4 Kids store was twenty years ago. (That makes me feel old. )

M-bot
15th October 2014, 07:28 PM
That's where the World 4 Kids store was twenty years ago. (That makes me feel old. )

I have a very faint recollection of World 4 Kids. But that's not what makes me feel old...;)

I scoped it out on the way home this evening - the new store is outside Westfield Fountain Gate, between Savers and NQR, near the Princes Highway between Maccas & Red Rooster and Webb Street. I like the location as it's far enough from the shopping centre to be visited without venturing into the fierce sprawl of the shopping centre car park.

Lint
16th October 2014, 08:50 AM

Wish I lived or worked down that way. That $25 for the first 50 customers is some good free money.

I remember going to the grand opening of the Morley store when I was a kid. They gave away free lego! I lined up twice :D

philby
21st October 2014, 03:01 PM

hah! pretty sure my dad took me and my sister to the opening night at the clayton one!

Bidoofdude
27th December 2014, 07:29 PM
Across the road from Big W in the CBD (the block with Mind Games on it), the old (phone, I believe?) store has moved out and what's probably the new owners were moving their stuff in. There were a bunch of boxes labelled toys, like when you receive a case box. There was a case of Power Rangers, but they could possibly have TF figures, if they are a toy/collectible store.

CHILENO20
27th December 2014, 08:25 PM
Across the road from Big W in the CBD (the block with Mind Games on it), the old (phone, I believe?) store has moved out and what's probably the new owners were moving their stuff in. There were a bunch of boxes labelled toys, like when you receive a case box. There was a case of Power Rangers, but they could possibly have TF figures, if they are a toy/collectible store.

OOHH, Interesting, may have to check it out soon :)

Other
28th December 2014, 01:58 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of those pop-up shops peddling all the left over Funtastic stock like that one that was near Myers or the big sale that was at the exhibition center around the middle of the month. By all means check it out, could be worth a look, but don't be surprised if it's a load of Power Rangers, Ben 10 and Leapfrog stuff

Handsprime
28th December 2014, 10:31 AM

I'm coming down to Melbourne in a few days. Might have a look at that store.

gekisou
14th January 2015, 11:43 AM

I think I know where you're talkin' about. I will check it out today. My wife works around the area.

CHILENO20
30th August 2015, 10:51 AM
Toy's 'n' stuff at Eaglemont station has closed. Went by yesterday while doing some hunting and all shut down. I didn't see a forwarding address & didn't ask the local shops where they went. Most of there stuff was pricey and the guy was not the best to deal with but his sister was. Not many of these stores left now.

canofwhoopass_87
5th September 2015, 05:35 PM
Toy's 'n' stuff at Eaglemont station has closed. Went by yesterday while doing some hunting and all shut down. I didn't see a forwarding address & didn't ask the local shops where they went. Most of there stuff was pricey and the guy was not the best to deal with but his sister was. Not many of these stores left now.

That's sad to hear. It was only a matter of time though - I remember dropping by that store a few years ago and there wasn't a soul in sight (besides the sister) anywhere. Very quiet area.

Online stores seem to be the way to go for small businesses like that these days :(

Demonac
5th September 2015, 06:01 PM
Can't say I'm sorry to see it gone.
They used to sell KO's as the deal thing all the time.

Krayt
6th September 2015, 08:36 PM
Can't say I'm sorry to see it gone.
They used to sell KO's as the deal thing all the time.

Exactly.... I was going to say good riddance to bad rubbish...

His reasoning was "its impossible to make these toys, so they have to come from the factory, so they are all legitimate!!!"

But on the other side of the coin.... The not-daughters named after a star trek character.... And that's the only place I've got the 20 year old toy for her

shockNwave
3rd November 2015, 06:25 PM
I went to visit TRU Fountain Gate on the weekend and because this is a working class suburb it came as no surprise that they had no MPs stocked. I asked one of the staff to confirm.

Jaxius._
9th November 2015, 07:28 PM
Stores in Phillip Island? I'm going there for Christmas thought I might see whats there

Paulbot
9th November 2015, 07:38 PM
Stores in Phillip Island? I'm going there for Christmas thought I might see whats there

Nope. I'm there a lot and there's nothing really. Some legions at Coles or Woolworths is about as much as you'll find. A (lengthy) drive off the island to Wonthaggi will find you a Target and Big W where sometimes some older stock can be found (and sometimes on clearance) but not on the Island.

However, nostalgia hat on, back in the 80s and early 90s the Cowes newsagent on the Main Street used to sell TFs. I got G1 Prowl there in the mid 80s and Motorvator Gripper there early 90s and possibly some others. It's the only place I recall seeing Jetfire, looking at it through the window one day while the store was closed. They stocked figures up at least until the G2 Autorollers. But now their "toys and games" section is very light on.

autobreadticon
10th November 2015, 01:35 PM
kinda directly related to TFs, but are there any model/hobby stores in Melbourne that sell display stands for Macross/Gundam ?

M-bot
10th November 2015, 02:18 PM
kinda directly related to TFs, but are there any model/hobby stores in Melbourne that sell display stands for Macross/Gundam ?

There's these guys in Carnegie: http://www.gundamuniverse.com.au/aboutus.asp
I'm guessing they would have what you're looking for but I can't vouch for them specifically, as I only spoke to them at a convention a while back but didn't actually buy anything. I think they had some CW Devis at a good price a little while back too.

Other
10th November 2015, 02:28 PM

In the CBD? There should be a few. Metro Hobbies, which is right near Flinders St Station, had a good number of Action Bases when I was in last Friday for example. What size and type of figure do you need them for?

BruiseLee
10th November 2015, 02:43 PM
If you're further east Bread, Metro Hobbies also have a store in Box Hill near the corner of Station St and Canterbury Road. Their figure stands are decently priced.

autobreadticon
10th November 2015, 05:53 PM
cool will check out Metro, need the display stands too display toys similar size to TF voyagers, e.g Generations Brainstorm.

Metro reminds me of Animezone that use to be in Box Hill

shockNwave
30th November 2015, 10:13 PM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned this, so I might as well:
At the Chapel Street Bazaar, there's now a display cabinet that sells (I kid you not) prototype toys covering the likes of Transformers, Star Wars & Star Trek among others. If you're curious or a well to do shopper it's worth checking out. The cabinet has been there for about six months or more.

Gofigure
3rd September 2016, 12:35 PM
Going with the family for a week during school hols

Any advice for possible stores selling MP and third party? Apart from the usual Kmart TRU thru to comic r us etc ?

Paulbot
3rd September 2016, 12:50 PM
Got some details here, although that first post may need a refresh as it's not been touched in a while (but I think most of the stores are still in play)

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=951

Gofigure
3rd September 2016, 01:08 PM
Got some details here, although that first post may need a refresh as it's not been touched in a while (but I think most of the stores are still in play)

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=951

Excellent thank you as always sir

Caffinetron
5th September 2016, 08:25 AM
Also head to the Chapel St Bazaar. If you have money to burn they have a couple of Prototype MPs that are hellishly expensive as well as a couple of MISB MP Hasbro Starscreams that are around the $400 mark. They may have had some more put on the shelf since I was there in July.
Pleasant Surprises is another one that has some cool stuff there https://www.facebook.com/pleasantsurprises/

hYpNoS
14th April 2017, 10:03 PM
Dunno if many are aware or if its worth reporting (considering its a mainstream store) but there is a TRU opening in werribee plaza/pacific werribee next month, I'm curious as to the shop space, hoping its big so its filled with good stuff constantly.

...anyone know of any new-ish little nuggets in this state, love having a gander at some older stuff, all I'm aware of is that grand bazaar place in chapel st (which has some interesting things in there still despite last report) and sometimes cash converters stores have the odd bit or 2 (one in werribee had a masterpiece starscream hasbro mp03 type for $200 which sold recently, they also had some diamond select tf statues, ended up buying a shockwave).

Megatran
14th April 2017, 10:51 PM
Dunno if many are aware or if its worth reporting (considering its a mainstream store) but there is a TRU opening in werribee plaza/pacific werribee next month, I'm curious as to the shop space, hoping its big so its filled with good stuff constantly
Whereabouts in the plaza? Myer end, Target end or elsewhere?

CHILENO20
14th April 2017, 11:20 PM
Pleasant Surprises in Diamond Creek. Great place :D

hYpNoS
15th April 2017, 06:38 PM
Whereabouts in the plaza? Myer end, Target end or elsewhere?

Target end, opposite side so basically with the aldi and all that going up.

An exact opening day date is what the boarder fence thing lacks to inform, because you bet I'll be there on opening day like that warrun ponds store (didn't need the baby stuff they gave away though :D )

Pleasant Surprises in Diamond Creek. Great place :D

Anything worth noting currently or just a good all rounded balance?

CHILENO20
15th April 2017, 08:16 PM
Anything worth noting currently or just a good all rounded balance?

Some reissue Jap G1 stuff, some third party, some current and some G1. Picked up a replacement G1 Siren body for $20.00 :D

shockNwave
16th April 2017, 05:56 AM
Some reissue Jap G1 stuff, some third party, some current and some G1. Picked up a replacement G1 Siren body for $20.00 :D

Just had a look at Pleasant Surprises on facebook and it looks like a place that could help out fans who have missed toys from recent series.

Verno
22nd April 2017, 11:55 AM
There was a TR Hot Rod at Target on Burke Street. I don't know if he's rare or anything but as there was only one in amongst the Twinfernos, I hid him towards the back.

hYpNoS
25th April 2017, 07:05 PM
Just an update on that new toys r us opening in werribee plaza/pacific werribee, May 20th.

Hopefully by the time it opens some new mp's/Titan returns stock would show up, what a time to be alive

Megatran
15th July 2017, 10:59 PM
Go Figure collectables store - Some Transformers & other collectables
104 Bakers Road, Coburg North, Victoria 3058
Online store (https://www.gofigurecollectables.com.au/)
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gofigurecollectables/)

(20% off this weekend)

Bidoofdude
25th July 2017, 04:54 PM
Were these the guys toting G1 knockoffs in the past? Seems clean on their site, but I can't remember for sure if they were mainly stocking them.

ReximusPrimal
15th April 2018, 10:00 AM
Also head to the Chapel St Bazaar. If you have money to burn they have a couple of Prototype MPs that are hellishly expensive as well as a couple of MISB MP Hasbro Starscreams that are around the $400 mark. They may have had some more put on the shelf since I was there in July.
Pleasant Surprises is another one that has some cool stuff there https://www.facebook.com/pleasantsurprises/

Is this place still here? If so do you have the address I can’t find it

ReximusPrimal
15th April 2018, 12:05 PM
Go Figure collectables store - Some Transformers & other collectables
104 Bakers Road, Coburg North, Victoria 3058
Online store (https://www.gofigurecollectables.com.au/)
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gofigurecollectables/)

(20% off this weekend)

I saw them stocking some masterpieces (about 10) most of the car bots grimlock and Magnus and asked them about prices and she said they would be on their website soon... it was 2 months ago but they might have them in store now

philby
4th May 2018, 08:30 PM
Is this place still here? If so do you have the address I can’t find it

which place?
chapel st bazaarr is still there but i haven't been for a while. the area with the transformers and other cool toy stuff did move around a bit though.

i haven't been to pleasant surprises myself but it pops up in the TCCA facebook page fairly regularly.

Dan
22nd August 2018, 03:39 PM
Today saw some Titans Returns Sky Shadow toys at Chadstone Toy World for $40 each.

Also, for what it's worth, saw the rival brand Pocket Morphors (which transform from the Hindu-Arabic Numerals 0-to-9 into vehicles and then combine to form a robot) at Chadstone K-mart for $5 each. I'm not sure about the value of these, except maybe they'd be cute stuck on a birthday cake. :)

BreakSilence
29th August 2018, 01:02 PM
Today saw some Titans Returns Sky Shadow toys at Chadstone Toy World for $40 each.

Also, for what it's worth, saw the rival brand Pocket Morphors (which transform from the Hindu-Arabic Numerals 0-to-9 into vehicles and then combine to form a robot) at Chadstone K-mart for $5 each. I'm not sure about the value of these, except maybe they'd be cute stuck on a birthday cake. :)

Yes, I have seen plenty of boxes of TR Skyshadow at Toy World Eastland in Ringwood and Toywood at Fountain Gate Shopping Center in Narre Warren. Also the Leader class Megatron from The Last Knight is marked down to about $40 too at both stores.

shockNwave
2nd April 2019, 10:23 AM
Lobos Collectables will be moving from their location of 503 High st Northcote. All I know is it will be soon and to a location not far from the current location.

Paulbot
14th April 2019, 02:27 PM
I haven’t been to his Lobos place, but would they buy collections? Trying to off load a bulk lot so any other stores that might buy would be good to know of.

M-bot
14th April 2019, 03:16 PM
I haven’t been to his Lobos place, but would they buy collections? Trying to off load a bulk lot so any other stores that might buy would be good to know of.

I think they do, but maybe not right now as they are getting ready to move a bunch of things from one location to another and set up again. They told me they would be closed for a couple weeks to facilitate the move. On the other hand, might be a perfect time to do it...

Also worth considering they are likely to offer a pittance for whatever you’re offloading, as a bulk lot.

Paulbot
14th April 2019, 04:13 PM
I think they do, but maybe not right now as they are getting ready to move a bunch of things from one location to another and set up again. They told me they would be closed for a couple weeks to facilitate the move. On the other hand, might be a perfect time to do it...

Also worth considering they are likely to offer a pittance for whatever you’re offloading, as a bulk lot.

Oh yeah I meant after the move. And given I’m considering giving away stuff a pittance isn’t a huge concern.

techx
14th April 2019, 06:31 PM
I know this is off topic but Paulbot do consider a raffle draw instead of bulk selling. Win win for collectors here and you. Just my 2 cents.

philby
9th May 2019, 12:30 PM
I don't think the place in the paramount centre on Bourke St is there any more.
One stop anime on Bourke St occasionally has transformers

Unicran
12th April 2020, 08:03 PM
Lobos Collectables will be moving from their location of 503 High st Northcote. All I know is it will be soon and to a location not far from the current location.
Lobos relocated to 310 St Georges Rd, Thornbury VIC 3071.

(Damn... misses 30% off last month. A good excuse to have a looksie of their new store location).

EDIT: Added facebook link.
https://www.facebook.com/LobosCollectables/

shockNwave
3rd April 2021, 12:34 PM
Quite recently I revisited Evil Empire Comics up in Coburg.

The owner needs to seriously SERIOUSLY find a larger store. When I visited there was so much stuff built up in there that I swear one day a box or boxes are going to fall on someone's head.

So while I was there, a group of five friends turn up and one of them had to wait outside due to lack of room. Maybe this store should have a sign limiting customers to four or five at a time.

Jaxius._
29th January 2022, 02:37 PM
Maybe this store should have a sign limiting customers to four or five at a time.

Predicting the future i see

Pleasant surprises diamond creek should probably be added, i also remember a few months ago seeing on facebook a guy that ran a store out of his garage not to sure if thats worth listing

Paulbot
1st November 2022, 12:42 PM
The Comics R Us in the CBD (in the old, old Minotaur building) has closed. Back in Feb says the sign directing people to their other shop in Windsor

Minotaur moved a while back from Elizabeth Street to a smaller Little Collins Street address too.

Skyfire
1st November 2022, 09:43 PM
Just saw on the Toymate website that their Highpoint Shopping Centre store opened a few days ago. Grand opening this weekend with free stuff.

https://toymate.com.au/stores/vic/highpoint

Skyfire
19th June 2023, 05:09 PM
Toys ‘R’ Us planning to re-open a store at Clayton.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companies/toys-r-us-plans-big-box-revival-with-melbourne-megastore-20230619-p5dhnp.html