PDA

View Full Version : TF3 Trailer - Thoughts and Discussion

5FDP
8th December 2010, 03:02 PM
I thought I would start this thread cause there is less than 24 hours before the official trailer for TF3: DOTM goes live on Apple Trailers.

After you have seen it, post your opinions here.

Vector Prime
8th December 2010, 03:05 PM
It's frickin' awesome!!!!

(just kidding, I haven't seen it yet, but knowing Michael Bay, it'll be high adrenaline and full of explosions so I have no doubt that the trailer would be awesome - dunno if the movie will be as good though)

1AZRAEL1
8th December 2010, 03:15 PM
For a second there, I thought you were saying it's up there :p Got my hopes up dammit lol.

Well I will have some opinions after I see it.

Bartrim
8th December 2010, 04:03 PM
For a second there, I thought you were saying it's up there :p Got my hopes up dammit lol.

Got me all excited too:p

SharkyMcShark
8th December 2010, 05:09 PM
Damn you! I got excited seeing this.

Prime_217
8th December 2010, 08:23 PM
i hate you. you have no idea how excited i got when i saw the title. i thought someone had found it before it got released :p

Sky Shadow
8th December 2010, 08:39 PM
Whenever someone mentions a trailer, I always think they mean the thing behind Optimus Prime's cab.

5FDP
8th December 2010, 09:48 PM
Wow... so much hatred. Calm down people, it's coming :p

Prime_217
8th December 2010, 11:03 PM
so has anyone worked out when its gonna be up australian time?

kurdt_the_goat
9th December 2010, 03:08 AM
8am WA
10am QLD
10:30am SA
11am NSW, VIC, TAS

I know what i'll be doing when i get into work tomorrow! :)

EDIT: BAH! I based those times off of PST in USA, which is what TFW reported, but now Michael Bay's site is saying EST! EST is 3 hours ahead of PST so it could appear earlier, but who knows which one is correct now :rolleyes:

Prime_217
9th December 2010, 10:22 AM
well it hasnt come up yet so maybe it is on pst.

i am here... i am waiting... lets just hope it's up soon

Sharky
9th December 2010, 11:15 AM
TAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersdarkofthemoon/)

it is up

Prime_217
9th December 2010, 11:27 AM
well that was awesome:D

colin78
9th December 2010, 11:48 AM
Awesome!!! Enough to let us know it's gonna kick ass, but not enough to spoil it!!! And who's to say they aren't still up there!!! It's called the dark side of the moon for a reason!

Sharky
9th December 2010, 11:52 AM
if you havent watched it turn away now....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/whoareyou.jpg

who is this

Aplha trion, Kup, Rodimus?

gekisou
9th December 2010, 11:52 AM
That was my initial thought too. Maybe Emirate Xxaron?

Deonasis
9th December 2010, 11:54 AM
TAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/transformersdarkofthemoon/)

it is up

That is cool.. I like the pace of it. And Sharky, i really thought your post would be a link to another blank thread. :D

Sky Shadow
9th December 2010, 11:55 AM
That's right, all you commies, not only did we U.S. Americans really land on the moon, but we did it first and we already knew there were aliens there. That's just how awesome we are. Now shut up and watch another film about our military and robot bodily functions. Word.

Prime_217
9th December 2010, 11:57 AM
so do we all think that was alpha trion?

Sharky
9th December 2010, 12:02 PM
That was my initial thought too. Maybe Emirate Xxaron?

i thought that too, and then i thought it could be another prime.. like when rodimus traveled into the matrix...he has a rodimus shaped head...i am assuming the bot is an autobot as historically autobots have a more humanoid style head..

gantz
9th December 2010, 01:25 PM
I wasnt really feeling the trailer, damn excited for the movie though!

But doesnt that 'moon landing' contradict the teaser trailer to the 1st movie?

Bartrim
9th December 2010, 01:27 PM
So why didn't the Sector 7 chap tell all this moon landing stuff to the Jon Voight in the first movie?:p

mknell
9th December 2010, 01:33 PM
if you havent watched it turn away now....

who is this

Aplha trion, Kup, Rodimus?

To me it looks Alphatrion but who knows because that ship looked to have a dead robot in it similar to Megatron so I thought it was a decepticon ship but who knows now

So why didn't the Sector 7 chap tell all this moon landing stuff to the Jon Voight in the first movie?:p

Coz they are lazy lol

The teaser for the 1st movie was the Mars probe landing

Bartrim
9th December 2010, 01:40 PM
Just watched the trailer again and before the close up of the robots face hey show a far away shot and there are giant angular shoulder pads like Vector Prime IMO

mknell
9th December 2010, 01:48 PM
Just watched the trailer again and before the close up of the robots face hey show a far away shot and there are giant angular shoulder pads like Vector Prime IMO

Very good point there......

A friend posted this on his link which is interesting

"A quick look at Wikipedia shows that 'Alpha Trion' has been trademarked in the US"

Sharky
9th December 2010, 01:52 PM
To me it looks Alphatrion but who knows because that ship looked to have a dead robot in it similar to Megatron so I thought it was a decepticon ship but who knows now

a prisoner perhaps

gantz
9th December 2010, 01:59 PM
The teaser for the 1st movie was the Mars probe landing

I know that, but they indicated in the 1st movie that was the first and only time they have ever encountered them in the past besides Megatron.

Gutsman Heavy
9th December 2010, 02:10 PM
could very well explain the Alpha Trion Leader fig

i_amtrunks
9th December 2010, 02:31 PM
Interesting, clever and completely un-Bay like.

Where are the explosions? :p

Prime_217
9th December 2010, 02:33 PM
is it me... or does the alpha trion style looking robot also look like gandalf?

Vector Prime
9th December 2010, 02:58 PM
Wow... I'm surprised and disappointed at the same time after seeing that trailer.

For a M.Bay movie trailer, it's not exactly hi-octane and explosive, but then again, it is very intriguing and looks quite promising - can't wait to see more.

Prime_217
9th December 2010, 03:02 PM
its similar to the teaser from the first movie. that didnt really have any action in it either. lets hope this meant that DOTM is more like the first movie than ROTF

FFN
9th December 2010, 03:18 PM

But doesnt that 'moon landing' contradict the teaser trailer to the 1st movie? I don't think so. The government has known about the Transformers for decades. The Mars lander incident was just covered up, and you can explain away Banachek not saying "oh, we also found a crashed ship on the moon" as them simply informing Voight's character about the latest incident. And of course, Banachek theorised that the robot that destroyed the Mars lander was the same one that attacked the SOCCENT Qatar base (that goofy bit where Voight compares the daytime photo on Mars with the photo of Blackout, which is now during the daytime, even though the fight took place in the evening.)

gantz
9th December 2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you FFN :)

I just got a little confused...

Bartrim
9th December 2010, 03:37 PM
and you can explain away Banachek not saying "oh, we also found a crashed ship on the moon" as them simply informing Voight's character about the latest incident.

But wouldn't it of made more sense instead of saying "Remember a few years ago when we sent beagle 3 to mars" (or whatever the direct quote was) if he said "Hey remember when we landed on the moon" What incident is more memorable?

jaydisc
9th December 2010, 03:41 PM
could very well explain the Alpha Trion Leader fig

I believe those toy listing were debunked.

Ha ha. Did you actually think the movie was going to make sense? :D

Skullcruncher
9th December 2010, 04:02 PM
Haters goin to hate - I can guarantee people are going to complain about something.

I liked it, throws up a few questions, hopefully not all of them get answered by the movie.

FFN
9th December 2010, 04:15 PM
But wouldn't it of made more sense instead of saying "Remember a few years ago when we sent beagle 3 to mars" (or whatever the direct quote was) if he said "Hey remember when we landed on the moon" What incident is more memorable? You can say he referred to the Beagle incident because it was more relevant to the current situation - it only happened a few years ago and NBEs were now active on Earth. Banachek seemed to suggest that the robot which destroyed Beagle was the same one that attacked the US base at the start of the movie.

We won't know for sure until we see the movie, but evidently nothing has happened with the wreck on the moon until now.

Ha ha. Did you actually think the movie was going to make sense? :D Considering the Secretary of Defense and the upper echelons of the military didn't know anything about the Transformers, why would the majority of current NASA staff know?

Plausibly, those who participated during the Apollo program, if they knew about this secret mission, were sworn to silence, assuming those outside of that booth knew of what the real purpose of the Apollo landings were. And then it was obviously covered up, just like the Mars lander incident was covered up with the claim that the lander was destroyed on impact.

Darthprimus
9th December 2010, 04:46 PM
kinda looks like a small unicron w/out horns. perhaps he was a prisoner or something? looks good though.

Sleeve
9th December 2010, 05:38 PM
He looks more like an IDW-inspired Sentinel Prime.

kup
9th December 2010, 06:55 PM
The ROTF trailer was pretty awesome and this was somewhat intriguing if a bit of a familiar 'cliche'.

Let's hope the trailer is more indicative of the actual film unlike it's predecessor.

1AZRAEL1
9th December 2010, 07:32 PM
I like. Can't wait for the movie.

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th December 2010, 08:04 PM
Looks good. Why does he have razor blades in his eyes, must hurt:p

Looked hinty at a unicron-eque essence in there as well. Hoogly doogly.

Vector Sigma 13
9th December 2010, 09:11 PM
Me likes!

chuttla
9th December 2010, 10:04 PM
me likey,looks very promising:)

loophole
9th December 2010, 10:09 PM
Fascinating <insert picture of Mr. Spock with one eyebrow higher than the other>

llamatron
9th December 2010, 10:16 PM
I like where this is going...

5FDP
9th December 2010, 10:35 PM
kinda looks like a small unicron w/out horns. perhaps he was a prisoner or something? looks good though.

Looked hinty at a unicron-eque essence in there as well. Hoogly doogly.

^ This was my first thought when I saw the trailer as well.

I really liked the trailer. It's everything a teaser should be - leaves you wanting more. It's also promising that this appears to have more of a story compared to the teaser for ROTF which was basically 30 seconds of blowing crap up.

The next trailer should be out by February; possibly airing during half-time at the Super Bowl again. That would be awesome because I take leave every year to watch the game (even though my beloved 49ers have no chance of making it :()

liegeprime
10th December 2010, 12:00 AM
started to read the thread from the beginning, LOLOLOLOL trailer as oppossed to trailer, the mix up is so amusing hahahahaahh:D:D:D:D

Lord_Zed
10th December 2010, 01:21 AM
Interesting.

On the one hand they have kinda already used the we are not alone mankind discovers aliens/ they are among us plot in the previous movies. On the other hand this is a more toned down, mysterious teaser than ROTF, and if anything we probably need a less mindlessly ambitious film.

It is just the teaser though. So I'll wait and see swaying neither positive or negative for now.

As for the mystery robot, for all we know it's Primes long lost second cousin Bobtimus.

SkyWarp91
10th December 2010, 10:12 AM
I love how the trailer is put together - hearing the uprising familiar soundtrack and gradually seeing the ship then the Alpha Trion-like character right at the end did a great job of teasing this movie.

tjparkside
10th December 2010, 07:49 PM
looks awesome,can't wait until july!

Ryathalas
12th December 2010, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure if this is real!,But looks pretty real,Shows a G1 style trailer for Optimus and maybe Smokescreen,Could be a load of crap though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykJFGK1S_Pc

5FDP
12th December 2010, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure if this is real!,But looks pretty real,Shows a G1 style trailer for Optimus and maybe Smokescreen,Could be a load of crap though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykJFGK1S_Pc

It's real. It's amature footage taking during filming in Chicago and this was shown some time ago on TFW.

Hopefully we get to see Roller in the film as well.

SMHFConvoy
12th December 2010, 02:38 PM
I thought the trailer was okay. It's got my attention but I'm not going to judge a film on the content of a trailer :) It's given me hope that the 3rd film is not the horrible wreck that ROTF was.

UltraMarginal
13th December 2010, 05:37 PM
While I did enjoy the trailer, I love fiction non-fiction tie in's and I love that there is a possibility of Alpha Trion joining the story...

I'm not impressed with the logic in it.

here is a pic of the location of the apollo 11 landing site (http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/imagery/apollo/FIGURES/LandingSitesMaps.jpg) That's a long way from the horizon visible from Earth, where the ship is obviously located since we can't see it from earth. with a few minutes of radio blackout there is no way they could even traverse that distance, there was no rover on Apollo 11, letalone investigate a ship.

They had a few minutes of Radio blackout which if I understand correctly doesn't happen when you are on the surface of the moon. The same side of the moon always faces Earth. Due to a process called tidal friction the moon rotates at the same rate which it orbits the earth.
The only way there could be radio blackout is if they passed behind the moon in an orbit above it's surface, as depicted in the apollo 13 film.

So I call Bollocks, they have mashed together a few moon related concepts that look nice on the surface but make no real sense. This is the sort of crap that had my friends laughing out loud at ROTF, I hope for our sake and the movies sake that the movie script is a little more water tight.

I'm going to watch it and I'll be taking in a bag of salt to keep my sanity just in case the script goes all rotf on us.

"Alpha Trion" if that's who it is does look extremely cool though.

Sky Shadow
13th December 2010, 07:28 PM

here is a pic of the location of the apollo 11 landing site (http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/imagery/apollo/FIGURES/LandingSitesMaps.jpg) That's a long way from the horizon visible from Earth, where the ship is obviously located since we can't see it from earth. with a few minutes of radio blackout there is no way they could even traverse that distance, there was no rover on Apollo 11, letalone investigate a ship.

As much as I don't like writing anything in support of Bay movies...

So it's okay for the film to be in a completely different universe where Earth has been invaded by giant robots, but it's not okay for it to be in one where Apollo 11 landed in a different spot?

They had a few minutes of Radio blackout which if I understand correctly doesn't happen when you are on the surface of the moon.

Maybe the Decepticons destroyed the Parkes Observatory in the movie universe, resulting in an inferior radio signal and fewer Australian comedy films. ;)

GoktimusPrime
13th December 2010, 10:30 PM
There's a lot of stuff in Transformers that don't make sense. In ROTF Petra, Jordan appears to be relatively close to Giza, Egypt. Close enough that Sam & Co. can see the pyramids from Petra, and they're somehow able to traverse the distance in a matter of hours (they must've been running at some incredible speed to cover 416km in such relatively short time). Also, Jordan and Egypt don't share a border - they're separated by Israel (map (http://www.merriam-webster.com/maps/images/maps/israel_map.gif) :)). So you'd think that when Devastator's attacking the pyramids that the Israeli's would've sent help as well. Possibly arriving before the Jordanians considering that they're closer. Surely the Israeli government would do everything in it's power to help the Autobots... ya know... considering that Optimus Prime is Jewish (and so is Shia LaBeouf for that matter; Sam could be Jewish since the name 'Witwicky' could be of Polish/Ukrainian origin). :p ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jew_prime.gif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGgO9kOyo8M)

UltraMarginal
13th December 2010, 11:43 PM
There's a lot of stuff in Transformers that don't make sense. In ROTF Petra, Jordan appears to be relatively close to Giza, Egypt. Close enough that Sam & Co. can see the pyramids from Petra, and they're somehow able to traverse the distance in a matter of hours (they must've been running at some incredible speed to cover 416km in such relatively short time). Also, Jordan and Egypt don't share a border - they're separated by Israel (map (http://www.merriam-webster.com/maps/images/maps/israel_map.gif) :)). So you'd think that when Devastator's attacking the pyramids that the Israeli's would've sent help as well. Possibly arriving before the Jordanians considering that they're closer. Surely the Israeli government would do everything in it's power to help the Autobots... ya know... considering that Optimus Prime is Jewish (and so is Shia LaBeouf for that matter; Sam could be Jewish since the name 'Witwicky' could be of Polish/Ukrainian origin). :p ;)

So it's okay for the film to be in a completely different universe where Earth has been invaded by giant robots, but it's not okay for it to be in one where Apollo 11 landed in a different spot?

I can see what you're both saying, there are always instances in the Transformers universe where you need to take things with a grain of salt or look the other way when something is not "realistic".

The point I'm trying to make though is that the whole focus of a live action film series is that it's still based in a "reality" where from my perspective, the only thing different is there are transformers. Sure you get movie errors, like the changing taxis in the first film, and going from the inside of the Smithsonian institute to the middle of an airplane graveyard hundreds of kilometers away by walking out through a hanger door.

But it's events that break the laws of the established universe that break the fourth wall and erode the immersion of a film. Laws like the Earth is the Earth, and humans are normal humans who can't travel ridiculous distances on foot in a matter of minutes.
Even if Apollo 11 landed close to the moons horizon as seen from Earth, there would still either be radio contact or not, they would not have a small period of radio blackout as the lander would still be on the earth side of the moon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the Movie and the preview, I'm just seeing issues that damage the "credibility" of the story. I'd love to go see transformers 3 and walk out after seeing massive robot battles sweet sweet explosions with the knowledge that I'd also seen an intelligent film where the plot was fairly tight and made sense all the way through.:cool:

If I can't get that, I'll have to be content with an awesome freeway/car chase and watching Prime rip Megatron a new one from too close up in front.:)

Tallestblue
13th December 2010, 11:53 PM
Everytime you introduce Logic to the Transformers Movie Universe Megan Fox's career dies. Seriously guys, She had to marry Brian Austin Green to make ends meet.

ON topic. Neat trailer with hints of conspiracy and some questions raised.....
Is the old Autobot Alpha Trion? Vector Prime? Can't wait for July 2011!

GoktimusPrime
14th December 2010, 08:44 AM
UltraMarginal: I totally agree with what you're saying. That's why I didn't like how recently in the Transformers comic series how they claimed that North Korea bordered the Republic of China (instead of the People's Republic of China)... and yet one of the front covers shows Rampage's head in front of the PRC flag. Gah... I was simply pointing out that such gross errors aren't new to Transformers, and certainly not new to the movie series. But it doesn't make it any less irritating and it does hamper one's ability to suspend disbelief and enjoy the story. :/ It's the reason why the DVD version of Star Wars A New Hope finally changed the Tractor Beam Power control so that the previously English text has been replaced with Aurabesh (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060808175932/starwars/images/thumb/c/c8/Tractorbeamtext.jpg/300px-Tractorbeamtext.jpg) (since the English language technically doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe).

Paul Agnew
14th December 2010, 09:23 AM
Going to take a wild stab in the dark and say it might be Silverbolt, considering he was confirmed to appear, and voiced by James Avery.

What? He was purple in Beast Machines. It can happen.

Firestorm
14th December 2010, 03:39 PM
Just saw the trailer, found it interesting
as for that gold transformer at the end my guess is either
one of the original 13 transformers (probably alpha trion or vector prime)
or this universes version of Unicron, who will be more a destroyer of planets instead of an eater of planets and only be alittle taller than the average transformer
or he could never get named and be completly unimportant to the movie (eg Demolishor in ROTF was shown in the trailers but then was only around for like the first 5 minutes of the movie, but it looks like this movie will be better than ROTF so hopefully golden-boy will be important)
Really looking forward to the movie now

GoktimusPrime
15th December 2010, 09:48 AM
Just saw the trailer, found it interesting
as for that gold transformer at the end my guess is either
one of the original 13 transformers (probably alpha trion or vector prime)
Being golden, maybe it's Emirate Xaaron! Although Xaaron was never bearded (but then again, neither was Jetfire :p) -- maybe it is Alpha Trion, but with the gold colours as a nod to Xaaron.

or this universes version of Unicron, who will be more a destroyer of planets instead of an eater of planets and only be alittle taller than the average transformer
Problems with this theory:
1: He's kinda short for Unicron
2: I find it odd that a god would remain dormant for half a century aboard that ship

Also... I have a suspicion that the starship on the Moon could be the Ark. We know that the Ark encountered the Nemesis and Ghost-1 in 1969 at the same time as the Apollo 11 mission (re: Ghosts of Yesterday). The Nemesis obviously ended up crashing on some far away planet (as seen in ROTF), but the final location of the Ark has yet to be accounted for I think. We know that the crew of the Ark made it to the Solar System, because obviously Autobots like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Jazz and Ratchet appeared on Earth a several decades later, and also other crew members like Cliffjumper, Arcee were part of the Autobot assault team who attacked Starscream's Decepticons on Mars shortly after the events of the first movie (re: The Reign of Starscream). Considering that the encounter between the Ark, the Nemesis and Ghost-1 occured in another galaxy, the Ark must have used some kind of transwarp drive in order to arrive in the Solar System within 1969 <insert time-space rantage here> ;)

or he could never get named and be completly unimportant to the movie (eg Demolishor in ROTF was shown in the trailers but then was only around for like the first 5 minutes of the movie, but it looks like this movie will be better than ROTF so hopefully golden-boy will be important)
Hahaha, I love this theory. Makes all our ranting and theorising about the character completely useless. :D

Alas poor Sideways. :p (still, he had better screen time than Jolt!)

Bartrim
15th December 2010, 10:04 AM
Alas poor Sideways. :p (still, he had better screen time than Jolt!)

Hey Jolt played a very important role in ROTF. It's not the size of the role it's what is done with it thats important;)

griffin
16th December 2010, 01:42 PM
Apparently it's the Ark (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-3---is-it-the-ark-171099/)...

Makes even less sense for me. According to TF1, their first contacts were with Megatron on Earth and Blackout on Mars. I think if they found a crashed vessel on the moon in 1969, something would have been mentioned in TF1... I hate retcons like that.

And from what UltraMarginal was saying - the moon revolves around the Earth in a synchronous manner, (it's rotation on its axis is the same as its rotation around the earth) so that the same side always faces the earth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon) (in general (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Librations)).
So what is causing a 22 minute radio blackout? It's not the Moon's rotation, as the landing site will always face the Earth. And it wouldn't be from the moon revolving around to the other side of the Earth, because that'd be a 12 hour gap, not 22 minutes (and other radio sites around the world were tracking it anyway).

And really, for a planet (Earth) that is no where near Cybertron, some how everything Cybertronian just happens to land here (and not just in the new Movie universe either). Sure, one-off items landing/crashing/appearing here is a random probability, but 2 or more random items is statistically impossible.
Not only was a Star Killer built here, and not only did the Allspark crash here, but now we have a spaceship on the moon. If it wasn't there looking for the Allspark or Star Killer, then the odds of it crashing there for some other reason is beyond belief (statistically).
Think of the odds of that happening in the billions of planets in the galaxy (assuming Cybertron is even in our galaxy).

shokwave2
18th December 2010, 10:53 AM
And from what UltraMarginal was saying - the moon revolves around the Earth in a synchronous manner, (it's rotation on its axis is the same as its rotation around the earth) so that the same side always faces the earth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon) (in general (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Librations)).
So what is causing a 22 minute radio blackout? It's not the Moon's rotation, as the landing site will always face the Earth. And it wouldn't be from the moon revolving around to the other side of the Earth, because that'd be a 12 hour gap, not 22 minutes (and other radio sites around the world were tracking it anyway).

They had a few minutes of Radio blackout which if I understand correctly doesn't happen when you are on the surface of the moon. The same side of the moon always faces Earth. Due to a process called tidal friction the moon rotates at the same rate which it orbits the earth.
The only way there could be radio blackout is if they passed behind the moon in an orbit above it's surface, as depicted in the apollo 13 film.

Sorry but am i missing something here? Why are people talking about the physics and reality of the blackout due to the moons roatation? Didn't you see the Sector 7 guys flip the radio switch so the media and the rest of NASA staff get cut off? This is causing the blackout, which Neil is then told "You are dark on the rock. Mission is a go". The world was probably told about the moon's rotation as a cover-up for the blackout. Am i right or have i missed something earlier in this topic? :confused:

UltraMarginal
18th December 2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry but am i missing something here? Why are people talking about the physics and reality of the blackout due to the moons roatation? Didn't you see the Sector 7 guys flip the radio switch so the media and the rest of NASA staff get cut off? This is causing the blackout, which Neil is then told "You are dark on the rock. Mission is a go". The world was probably told about the moon's rotation as a cover-up for the blackout. Am i right or have i missed something earlier in this topic? :confused:

A Friend of mine did mention that, but even if that's the case, the "sector 7" guys are perpetuating a story that is commonly known to be false. the only time the astronauts are ever on the dark side of the moon is when they are orbiting it in preparation for landing or leaving. The entire Staff at NASA and a large portion of the watching population (given the popularity of Moon and space science at the time) would know that there is no "radio blackout" when on the surface of the moon. It's like telling a 15 year old that Easter Bunny is in fact real.

Sky Shadow
18th December 2010, 05:51 PM
The entire Staff at NASA and a large portion of the watching population (given the popularity of Moon and space science at the time) would know that there is no "radio blackout" when on the surface of the moon.

In 1969, if NASA had told everyone there was going to be a radio blackout for twenty minutes, of course the public would have believed it. If they'd told people there was a man up there made of green cheese, people would have believed it.

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th December 2010, 06:44 PM
I was watching it again and my thoughts are that the bot who opens is eyes is reminiscent of Vector Prime. Why? Goldy colours ( although Vector was more Bronze, but I will let that slide :p) and most importantly, big angled-up-shoulder bits!

Of course Mr Bay may well turn it into the Mr.Whippy bot of Transformers and it turns out he was actually on the way to deliver Energon goodies to some hungry Sharkticons, but he had a flat tyre, which caused him to swerve out of control and smash into the moon.

snazzbot 101
18th December 2010, 06:51 PM
Clearly the movies exist in an alternative universe - if only reflected by the fact that giant robots can appear amongst crowds of humans and yet no one seems able to digitally record such an event (c'mon, even Warnie and Liz couldn't do that). By extension the Moon landings did not happen the same There as the they did Here.

In fact the trailer suggests that checking out the Ark was the actual reason they went to the Moon in the first place. They knew it was already there.

So as Sky Shadow says, false information about Darkside Radio Blackouts could have been placed prior to the actual mission so as to make such unusual events explainable.

shokwave2
18th December 2010, 07:12 PM
In 1969, if NASA had told everyone there was going to be a radio blackout for twenty minutes, of course the public would have believed it. If they'd told people there was a man up there made of green cheese, people would have believed it.

I second that. Knowledge of the moon and space were limited to pretty much NASA alone back then so the general public would believe anything that was sent to them through their black and white tv's. Remember, this is a movie, not a documentary. If you're going to point out and analyse every error than you won't enjoy the movie. Go with it. Sector 7 flipped a switch to cut transmission to NASA and the media so Neil and Buzz could go for a walk.

Skullcruncher
18th December 2010, 07:26 PM
If you're going to point out and analyse every error than you won't enjoy the movie. Go with it. Sector 7 flipped a switch to cut transmission to NASA and the media so Neil and Buzz could go for a walk.

+1 :D

valkyrie_76
18th December 2010, 10:46 PM
As long as there is no humping robots, large testicles and Megan Fox and there is a plot that does not revolve around things blowing up or stupid humans, I don't b***dy care.

shokwave2
18th December 2010, 11:08 PM
As long as there is no humping robots, large testicles and Megan Fox and there is a plot that does not revolve around things blowing up or stupid humans, I don't b***dy care.

I have a feeling that at least one of these will show up in the movie. :o

SilverDragon
21st December 2010, 10:09 AM
The TFW2005 podcast made an interesting point about this trailer. After two movies of giant transforming robots, revealing giant transforming robots at the end of the teaser isn't quite as thrilling as it was the first time around.

I'm interested in the whole moon-landing-conspiracy plot that the teaser has, but after RotF's pre-release material got me interested in an ancient-astronauts plot that was junked in favour of robot testicles, it's not really exciting me that much in case we end up with the mysterious moon robot lubricating on the audience for half the movie (in 3D!!!!1!).

RagingBull
28th December 2010, 12:19 AM
hey guys,

i just took another look at the tf3 trailer...i think optimus may be on board, what presumably is the ark.

when niel or buzz touch the ground and the dirt falls away, i think optimus prime's face is revealed briefly. if u freeze frame at 1:20

his face is side on. im suprised no-one has noticed. not even the ign rewind theater guys.

what you think?

colin78
28th December 2010, 01:10 AM
I think you're right. It's a lot like Optimus...Well spotted!

griffin
28th December 2010, 01:22 AM
(moved the last two posts into the existing discussion topic)

And please - no potential spoilers in topic titles, like revealing characters in new trailers.

RagingBull
28th December 2010, 09:43 AM
(moved the last two posts into the existing discussion topic)

And please - no potential spoilers in topic titles, like revealing characters in new trailers.

ooops my bad *crushes backyard fountain*

5FDP
28th December 2010, 11:53 AM
Nice find RagingBull. It does look a lot like Optimus but I'm more inclined to believe it's just another random bot.

These events took place prior to the first movie therefore Optimus would look like his protoform mode which didn't have a nose. The shadows on that image suggest this character has a nose.

RagingBull
28th December 2010, 12:04 PM
Nice find RagingBull. It does look a lot like Optimus but I'm more inclined to believe it's just another random bot.

These events took place prior to the first movie therefore Optimus would look like his protoform mode which didn't have a nose. The shadows on that image suggest this character has a nose.

we really dont get a good look at his protoform form, and toys are not always the most screen accurate. to me the fins give it away though. would be cool to see how the ark fits (assuming the crashed ship is) in with movie-verse.