PDA

View Full Version : Botcon Megatron?

jaydisc
16th April 2008, 10:28 PM
Far from official... possibly a Photoshop job, but...

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/99_388_815bb417172c4b1.jpg

Found here: http://actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-256795-fpage-7.html

Courtesy of Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12818)

STL
16th April 2008, 10:38 PM
Ah you beat me to it. I don't know, doesn't strike me as... heroic. Maybe he needs a more heroic pose?

Pulse
17th April 2008, 12:10 AM
It looks very Photoshoppy to me or... Someone's sneaking a tonne of figures out the back door of one particular Chinese factory. :rolleyes:

Tallestblue
17th April 2008, 12:33 AM
I'd bet dollars to dinobots that that face is done in photoshop. Neat tho. Although I don't understand why Classics Megatron wasn't used as the botcon exclusive. Perhaps Nerf handblasters are just too evil.

Soundwarp
17th April 2008, 05:16 AM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Bartrim
17th April 2008, 07:51 AM
Perhaps Nerf handblasters are just too evil.

LOL :D

sifun
17th April 2008, 08:28 AM
looks really bad...

a certain someone's custom looks better than that.

SilverDragon
17th April 2008, 08:35 AM
Which toy was this repainted from?

kup
17th April 2008, 08:38 AM
Energon Megatron

i_amtrunks
17th April 2008, 10:09 AM
Its an interesting choice of paint colours, the head has to be photoshopped.

Im not sure if I like it, but I dont hate it. It is a great figure though.

Paulbot
17th April 2008, 10:41 AM
It looks too much like G1 Megatron doesn't it? (Particular Marvel Comics G1 Megatron) Although Evil Jazz has G1ish look the others have all looked much different to their usual colour schemes.

The best repaint they ever did to that toy was the Galvatron repaint (and while I'm happy with my newly acquired Energon Megatron, I'd have much prefered to find a cheap Energon Galvatron)

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th April 2008, 10:49 AM
I'm curious to know what size it is (if it is real). I thought the leader version didn't really warrant the size and was perfectly happy with my SL Galvatron (being about voyager sized).

The transformation wasn't all that complex, nor was the detailing.

jaydisc
17th April 2008, 11:28 AM
I'd much prefer the smaller size. I've become anti-Ultra.

i_amtrunks
17th April 2008, 12:23 PM
I'm curious to know what size it is (if it is real). I thought the leader version didn't really warrant the size and was perfectly happy with my SL Galvatron (being about voyager sized).

The transformation wasn't all that complex, nor was the detailing.

I think I read somewhere that it is the smaller Megatron figure that was available in a 2 pack with Deluxe Energon Prime.

It's between an Ultra and Voyager size figure, still very nice to display, and still comes with the working tank sword thing.

reillyd
17th April 2008, 03:02 PM
I think he's beautiful, in a completely hetrosexual way ;)

I'm going to be buying this one on the bay for certain.

Pulse
17th April 2008, 03:27 PM
Meg's colours look ok but at the end of the day, the mould itself doesn't really match the levels of poseability of the other figures in this year's line up.

Furthermore, How does this Megs' colour scheme fit in with the "Shattered Glass" theme of the other figures? I mean, it's pretty obvious that Megs is based on his G1 paintjob while all the other figures (Prime, Goldbug, Grimlock, Jazz, Screamer, Ricochet, Blurr & Hot Rod) have paint jobs that suit the theme.

I really am starting to think that this Megs is a pretty good Photoshop effort - but that's where the chances of it being a bonus figure at this year's Botcon end.

STL
17th April 2008, 09:56 PM
I'd much prefer the smaller size. I've become anti-Ultra.
why's that?

iceburn
17th April 2008, 10:33 PM
prob too big for his shelf...no space :P

Paulbot
18th April 2008, 10:13 AM
Maybe he's picked up Micromaster fever? :)

lcz128
18th April 2008, 10:51 AM
Furthermore, How does this Megs' colour scheme fit in with the "Shattered Glass" theme of the other figures? I mean, it's pretty obvious that Megs is based on his G1 paintjob while all the other figures (Prime, Goldbug, Grimlock, Jazz, Screamer, Ricochet, Blurr & Hot Rod) have paint jobs that suit the theme.

I agree with you for the most part- It does just seem like a G1 Megs paint scheme on that energon body- but I guess to colour megs any other colour would lead to him not really being megatron.. I always thought the Galaxy Force Galvie and Megs had a weird colour swap (but I love that Galvatron fig- shiney silver! Yay)

That said though- Jazz is pretty much his G1 colours but with cheesy 'race to kill' lines all over. :b

jaydisc
18th April 2008, 10:11 PM
I'm this is a complete Photoshop job and not representative of what is to be available.

EDIT :

why's that?

Electronics are such a waste of space and engineering potential. I think the same of Leaders (ducks for cover) and above.