PDA

View Full Version : MP Rodimus video

Hursticon
9th December 2010, 03:03 AM
Courtesy of Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com), news of Takara posting a Video Presentation (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/video-presentation-of-masterpiece-mp09-rodimus-convoy/20344/) of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy on Amazon Japan (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/mpd/permalink/mUQHB0OFZBJ9A?ie=UTF8&ref_=ent_fb_link) has surfaced.

kurdt_the_goat
9th December 2010, 03:20 AM
You can tell they're really proud of this release, starting with the big unveiling and now things like this - and rightfully so! Rodimus here pretty much has 'Best toy of 2011' in the bag; frankly i'm starting to wonder how they could ever top it with future Masterpiece releases.

Best thing is, he comes out a day before my 30th birthday! I'm not the partying type, but i'll be having one with Rodimus for sure :)

Hursticon
9th December 2010, 03:30 AM
You can tell they're really proud of this release, starting with the big unveiling and now things like this - and rightfully so! Rodimus here pretty much has 'Best toy of 2011' in the bag; frankly i'm starting to wonder how they could ever top it with future Masterpiece releases.

Best thing is, he comes out a day before my 30th birthday! I'm not the partying type, but i'll be having one with Rodimus for sure :)

Couldn't have said it better myself dude! ;):D
Truly, MP Rodimus is a thing of beauty, the engineering, look and feel of this figure is just so incredible and the Hotrod Alt mode! - what a realisation of the original character model that is! :eek::eek::eek:

Indeed, how they're going to top this is absolutely beyond me but if the Japanese Engineers have taught us anything, it is simply to wait and see! :cool:
Kurdt, I can't think of a better 30th Birthday present than this baby! - Ofcourse, perhaps an actual baby may top it?, marginly... ;):p

kurdt_the_goat
9th December 2010, 03:33 AM
I'll need to get some serious toy room door locks before i even think about letting my wife convince me to have a baby :D

kaiden
9th December 2010, 07:29 AM
If they can make Blitzwing correctly that would top Rodimus.

GoktimusPrime
9th December 2010, 09:40 AM
I'll need to get some serious toy room door locks before i even think about letting my wife convince me to have a baby :D
Hmm... usually the wife is the one who has the baby... but hey, whatever works for you. So long as you don't mind the extreme cramps. ;)

My daughter frequently goes into my Transformers room and it's not a problem. She respects the toys and never touches them. She likes pointing at them and going "Da!!" - but she won't touch them unless I give one to her (I usually let her play with my PlaySkool Transformers).

My TF room door already has a lock, as it's a legal requirement under NSW law for any owners of gun Transformers anyway. :/

gekisou
9th December 2010, 10:17 AM

Same here... once my missus said, 'At least we won't have to worry about toys for the kids.' to which I promptly replied (in my best Mr. T voice), 'Wha'cha talkin' about woman? They ain't gonna get near my stuff.'

Relating to his child about when he got MP Rodimus
kurdt - 'And that was the happiest day of my life'
kid - 'What about when I was born daddy?'
kurdt - 'Not even close.'

:p

Sky Shadow
9th December 2010, 10:56 AM
If they can make Blitzwing correctly that would top Rodimus.

They're making a Masterpiece Blitzwing? :confused:

Hursticon
9th December 2010, 12:56 PM
Relating to his child about when he got MP Rodimus
kurdt - 'And that was the happiest day of my life'
kid - 'What about when I was born daddy?'
kurdt - 'Not even close.'

:p

http://www.sculpteze.com.au/prodimages/TGOLD-2.jpg

I agree Kurdt, some big 'ole locks indeed! :p:D

SharkyMcShark
9th December 2010, 02:00 PM
7Rodimus here pretty much has 'Best toy of 2011' in the bag;

I dunno, if they can advance DotM Leader Optimus Prime from RotF Leader Prime as much again as RotF Prime was an advance over TF2007 Prime then he might have competition.

kaiden
9th December 2010, 03:29 PM
They're making a Masterpiece Blitzwing? :confused:

well no, not that i know of - but if they wanted to top MP Rodimus, they should.

i've seen quite a few custom MP Blitzwings but they all suffer from the same problem and that is the tank parts arent even hidden in jet mode - 'hey that looks cool! there's a tank attached to the bottom of that jet!

I dunno, if they can advance DotM Leader Optimus Prime from RotF Leader Prime as much again as RotF Prime was an advance over TF2007 Prime then he might have competition.

LEADER SHOCKWAVE MMM....

5FDP
9th December 2010, 10:21 PM
If MP Rodimus actually gets a local release, I am going to have to fight so much temptation not to pick it up. I'm not a huge fan of the character (in fact, I think he's a whinny beatch), but the engineering in this toy is amazing.

My daughter frequently goes into my Transformers room and it's not a problem. She respects the toys and never touches them.

Same here. It's not a problem if you train them at an early age ;)

LEADER SHOCKWAVE MMM....

^ This :cool:

kurdt_the_goat
9th December 2010, 10:46 PM
How do you plan on training your kids friends though! Who knows who they'll invite into your house!

5FDP
9th December 2010, 11:14 PM
How do you plan on training your kids friends though! Who knows who they'll invite into your house!

Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4pIJtt48g4) ;) (warning - explicit language)

Tober
10th December 2010, 12:58 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/warning.jpg

Most high grade collector toys come with the above legal warnings regarding age recommendations and choking hazards.

If any kid under 15 touches my toys, I strangle them! It's the law. :cool:

griffin
10th December 2010, 01:15 AM
(gave this significant news item its own topic to make it more obvious)