PDA

View Full Version : FunPublications finally cracking down against Sellers of stolen Botcon Figures?

Pulse
17th April 2008, 02:25 AM
http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12819

About damn time if you ask me.

The Security Guard at the back door of that particular Chinese factory must have finally woken up from his snooze. ;)

i_amtrunks
17th April 2008, 11:13 AM
Am even though the letter seems poorly written (here instead of hear) Ryan (owner of Seibertron) has confirmed that it is the real deal.

I'm interested to see how well this threat works. I figure it wont work too well at all.

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th April 2008, 11:23 AM
Thats the price of popularity though. I don't recall last years sets being seen on ebay before the Botcon.

It must look pretty bad for the factory making them (if they care) because the botcon figures have been snaffled and so have some of the Animated figures. Assuming that they all come from the same place that is.

autobreadticon
17th April 2008, 11:25 AM
cant wait for SWAT team to raid chinese crime syndicate headquaters and rescue the hostages!

iceburn
17th April 2008, 11:29 AM
*hooray* shoo to those chinese market spoilers!

STL
17th April 2008, 10:59 PM
I think it's ironic the very sites reporting this news frequently themselves post auction links to these fraudulent listings as well as post updates of their sponsors who stock KOs.

Paulbot
17th April 2008, 11:04 PM
And that it's the site's owner who is the one that's been told off for the illegal auction :rolleyes:

STL
18th April 2008, 12:39 AM
And that it's the site's owner who is the one that's been told off for the illegal auction :rolleyes:

Aye, But TFW2005 isn't much better. I post a bit there now and boy is the hyprocrisy rampant. From all the fan sites, I frequent, we have the most stringent policy on KOs (which is a good thing).

kup
18th April 2008, 09:38 AM
Thats the price of popularity though. I don't recall last years sets being seen on ebay before the Botcon.

It must look pretty bad for the factory making them (if they care) because the botcon figures have been snaffled and so have some of the Animated figures. Assuming that they all come from the same place that is.

Yes they did, at about the same time as this year's. The difference is that there wasn't any 'media' coverage about it aside from the pics posted by the sellers.

sifun
18th April 2008, 09:59 AM
Where's Jack Bauer?