PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Favourite Seeker & Why?

Vector Prime
13th December 2010, 01:53 PM
Just like the title says, who's your favourite Seeker and why?

Mine's Starscream - what's there not to love about the cowardly, backstabbing, treacherous, short-lived leader of the Decepticons? :p

Paulbot
13th December 2010, 02:00 PM
Thundercracker. I always liked his colour scheme the best (cartoon and toy versions). I like that he has doubts of the Decepticon cause and isn't just an Evil Robot.

liegeprime
13th December 2010, 02:56 PM
Just like the title says, who's your favourite Seeker and why?

Mine's Starscream - what's there not to love about the cowardly, backstabbing, treacherous, short-lived leader of the Decepticons? :p

Raspy voiced, scheming, powerhungry, malevolent, two-faced, deadly.... :D yep what's not to love?

Doubledealer
13th December 2010, 03:06 PM
I voted Starscream for obvious reasons. Aesthetically I prefer Skywarp but come on, it's just not Transformers without Starscream!

Skullcruncher
13th December 2010, 04:20 PM
Dirge simply because he was the only one I had when I was a kid! I would say skywarp otherwise

jaydisc
13th December 2010, 05:24 PM
Thrust. Who doesn't like VTOL?

Doubledealer
13th December 2010, 05:42 PM
Thrust. Who doesn't like VTOL?

Girls who've just been to the hairdressers? :p

Hursticon
13th December 2010, 06:45 PM
Skywarp:

1. Not afraid to put it to Starscream.
2. A darker personality.
3. Ability to break space-time on the fly.
2. Best colour scheme of all the seekers.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/csskywarp.jpg

Lord_Zed
13th December 2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah Skywarp, because he was my first Decepticon and had an awesome colour scheme to boot.

Thundercracker is a close second taking up the role of childhood favourite once Skywarp had been played with and loved to death.

Starscream is of course a more iconic character, but I never really dug his colours (too Autobot). And as a comic fan Shockwave was always my preferred usurper of leadership.

Zippo
13th December 2010, 08:01 PM
Thrust due to the wing designs

gamblor916
13th December 2010, 08:14 PM
Thrust because of the crazy wing design and sweet box art.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4402/g1box.png
(not mine)

5FDP
13th December 2010, 08:29 PM
Thrust because of the crazy wing design and sweet box art.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4402/g1box.png
(not mine)

That's funny. I was gonna say Skywarp because of his awesome box art :p

Gutsman Heavy
13th December 2010, 08:34 PM
TC, best colours, most interesting and best potential as a character.

Thanatos
13th December 2010, 09:01 PM
Skywarp. Colour scheme, teleport, idiot. Deadly amusing ;)

dirge
13th December 2010, 09:01 PM
No prizes for guessing mine. I like blue & had him as a kid.

liegeprime
13th December 2010, 09:26 PM
No prizes for guessing mine. I like blue & had him as a kid.

Thundecracker?:p

GoktimusPrime
13th December 2010, 10:54 PM
I voted for Skywarp and Thundercracker. :) As a kid I loved Skywarp. He was my first boxed Transformer (Xmas '84 gift) and I love how he can teleport and has heat-seeking missiles.

But Thundercracker is full of win too. I love how the toy uses metallic blue plastic (possibly the first Transformer to use metallic colours) - and I think he has the most interesting and quite unique persona of all the Seekers as a character with conflicted morals who has never been fully convinced of the Decepticon cause. In spite of this, none of the G1 writers ever attempted to exploit the potential of such an interesting character. IDW have recently touched upon it, but still needs further exploration IMO.

So I voted for both Skywarp as my childhood favourite, and Thundercracker as my current favourite. :D

griffin
14th December 2010, 12:46 AM
Skywarp... and everyone else had better vote the same if they want to keep their membership! :p

Just kidding.
I like it for the colours (black is an evil colour, while purple is considered regal or superior), and the teleportation ability - easily the best TFs ability to attack with or to escape with.

5FDP
14th December 2010, 08:29 AM
Skywarp... and everyone else had better vote the same if they want to keep their membership! :p

Good to know I am safe :p

Paul Agnew
14th December 2010, 09:19 AM
Acid Storm, on account of the fact that no-one's voted for him yet. And for such an obscure character finally getting a toy, even if they were a repaint.

GoktimusPrime
14th December 2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah but I don't like how Acid Storm got made into a Classicsverse toy before 'stock and standard' Seekers like Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker. Surely they should take priority over such obscure characters. :/

Paul Agnew
14th December 2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah but I don't like how Acid Storm got made into a Classicsverse toy before 'stock and standard' Seekers like Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker. Surely they should take priority over such obscure characters. :/

Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker already got toys based on that design in 2007's 'Games of Deception' boxset. It was probably thought a good idea to rest them until either Takara did something new, or find a way themselves to update each without making the BotCon attendies feel like purchasing the same figures twice.

Vector Prime
14th December 2010, 10:00 AM

Technically no... Dirge, Thrust & Thundercracker were all released either as Botcon exclusives or Henkei/Gentei releases before Universe/Classics Acid Storm was released.

(to be honest, I know what you meant Gok - mainstream Hasbro retail releases... just wanted to gee you up! :p)

GoktimusPrime
14th December 2010, 10:23 AM
Did Hasbro themselves actually release the Timelines Seekers, or were they released by Fun Publications (organisers of BotCon 07) with permission from Hasbro?

Either way, Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge should have been released as regular store toys, and Acid Storm should have been the convention exclusive. FP didn't release those Seekers because they necessarily wanted those characters to be limited exclusives, but because Hasbro had failed to release them as Classics (so having them as limited exclusives was better than not having them at all - lesser of two evils).

TakaraTOMY is as equally guilty as Hasbro for not releasing those Seekers as regular store figures either, but at the same time they didn't go and release a highly obscure Seeker like Acid Storm as a regular store figure... cos that kinda adds insult to injury IMO. And for those who argue that Sunstorm isn't the yellow rainmaker, then release a toy based on the yellow Rainmaker and call it Solarstorm.

Obscure characters like Acid Storm, Sunstorm etc. work well as limited exclusives, but classic G1 characters like Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust etc. ought to be released as regular store exclusives. I reckon they would have sold. Instead we just had plethoras of Acid Storms shelf-warming for ages before they finally got sold. In my observation both Generations Thrust and Dirge have been/are selling well and don't appear to be peg warmers to me.

Having said all that... after they give us Generations Thundercracker I'd like to see the blue Rainmaker released as a toy (call it Thunderstorm ;)).

jaydisc
14th December 2010, 10:53 AM
I'd say that at the time, as you seem to agree, FunPub and Hasbro's choice to release the remaining seekers as exclusives was the only way they were going to see the light of day.

Everything that unfortunately followed that (TT's exclusive release, Hasbro's delayed release) are all cascading effects of that one event, which to reinforce, was at the time, in the best interest of fans.

And I still stand firm in my belief Hasbro will never release Thundercracker using the Classics seeker mold in G1 colors.

Vector Prime
14th December 2010, 10:57 AM
And I still stand firm in my belief Hasbro will never release Thundercracker using the Classics seeker mold in G1 colors.

At least not as a widely released mainstream toy... afterall, Skywarp wasn't exactly a regular release by Hasbro (only available as 2-Pack with Ultra Magnus as a store exclusive) (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skywarp_%28G1%29#Classics_.282006.29)

SkyWarp91
14th December 2010, 12:04 PM
Skywarp. His colours are sexy and he plays many pranks, like me.

dirge
14th December 2010, 10:51 PM
Instead we just had plethoras of Acid Storms shelf-warming for ages before they finally got sold.

They sold out in Melbourne I believe...

<glances at STL> :D

valkyrie_76
14th December 2010, 10:56 PM
Thundercracker. I always liked his colour scheme the best (cartoon and toy versions). I like that he has doubts of the Decepticon cause and isn't just an Evil Robot.

Agree with all points plus he was my first TF toy :D

Vector Prime
14th December 2010, 11:00 PM
They sold out in Melbourne I believe...

<glances at STL> :D

I think STL took every state's allocation... :p

klystron
14th December 2010, 11:39 PM
Skywarp. One of my all time favourite TFs. And teleportation has to be the coolest (if not most underused) abilities in the whole TF universe.
If I was Furman, I would have developed his ability to be something similar to Nightcrawlers (Xmen 2 white house scene).

Hursticon
14th December 2010, 11:45 PM
If I was Furman, I would have developed his ability to be something similar to Nightcrawlers (Xmen 2 white house scene).

F@#$ Yeah Klystron! ;):D
(Loved that scene! :p)

JuzMel
15th December 2010, 10:51 AM

Well-said! He's my favourite too! Evil, Comic-ky and damn funny! :D He's one of the rare few Decepticons that I get the figure for only because its him. Though I'm shunning away from that fugly Movie MP version of him.

Robzy
15th December 2010, 11:13 AM
Starscream... best personality of all!

I will say, however, that I really like Skywarp's colours. The black is definitely the more "evil" or "badder" colour, but I'm happy they didn't originally chose those for Screamer's colours... I like how they didn't go for the most obvious choice!

Vector Prime
15th December 2010, 11:57 AM
He's one of the rare few Decepticons that I get the figure for only because its him. Though I'm shunning away from that fugly Movie MP version of him.

Likewise - however, I shun away from the fugly Movie Starscream - period! :p

Sky Shadow
15th December 2010, 12:01 PM
Starscream... best personality of all!

I will say, however, that I really like Skywarp's colours. The black is definitely the more "evil" or "badder" colour, but I'm happy they didn't originally chose those for Screamer's colours... I like how they didn't go for the most obvious choice!

Considering Starscream got Thundercracker's original name and TC's Tech Specs rankings, while Skywarp got Starscream's stats, who knows if the colours were deliberate or happy accident. I remember when the US Marvel comics first came out I was confused by what was going on because I kept thinking Starscream and Optimus Prime were the same guy. :o

LordCyrusOmega
15th December 2010, 01:33 PM
I voted Thundercracker, though in reality I like Thrust. His colouring, those cool engines, he was always the one I wanted to own. I finally got my wish when i brought generations version.

sideswipes brother
15th December 2010, 05:23 PM
I voted Ramjet - LOVE those big mumma bombs on his arms!!
The best looking though is Skywarp. His colours are perfect.

Robzy
15th December 2010, 06:31 PM
Considering Starscream got Thundercracker's original name and TC's Tech Specs rankings, while Skywarp got Starscream's stats, who knows if the colours were deliberate or happy accident. I remember when the US Marvel comics first came out I was confused by what was going on because I kept thinking Starscream and Optimus Prime were the same guy. :o
:D I knew someone would bring that up... but I like to have a little faith and think that the people behind it all (especially the toon) did it by "choice".

Besides, that's why they decided that Rumble was the blue one - it's more logical.... *Robzy The Flamer ducks head, sniggers, and runs away*

Sky Shadow
15th December 2010, 06:47 PM
:D I knew someone would bring that up... but I like to have a little faith and think that the people behind it all (especially the toon) did it by "choice".

It could have been worse - Budiansky could have given Starscream the stats of this poor Decepticon (http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/techspecs/original-era/1987__Scorponok_%281987%29.jpg) - with Strength 3, Intelligence 4, Endurance 3, Rank 3, Courage 3, Firepower 4 and Skill 4, it's lucky the dude had a speed of nine so he at least had the chance to run away from the Autobots. ;)

Deonasis
15th December 2010, 08:29 PM
Dirge, the one i have. My dog reformatted him into a bat with many punctures and no legs. Then my Dad bought a new one.