PDA

View Full Version : TF 3 Trailer being distributed to cinemas now.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th December 2010, 03:47 AM
Just got home from work. It was busy and I didn't notice this thumbstick until after I had turned off the digital projectors:mad:, which is a shame, a it was a trailer for TF3. It is the 3d trailer too.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/15122010.jpg

Unfortuantely I didn't notice until too late, so I couldn't run it to see if it is the same one. I am on tomorrow though and will give it a squizz. (Thor arrived too)

I will inform all of the results tomorrow.

So, to sum up, TF trailers could be showing on movies very soon methinks. We hadn't been told to run it on anything yet, but occasionally it might be put onto something

5FDP
15th December 2010, 09:06 AM
A USB drive :confused: Since when did they start using those? I got the ROTF 8mm celluloid (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=158953&postcount=9) full-length trailer and that was only last year.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th December 2010, 12:39 PM
A USB drive :confused: Since when did they start using those? I got the ROTF 8mm celluloid (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=158953&postcount=9) full-length trailer and that was only last year.

I don't think it's celluloid anymore. Probably polyester if my memory serves me correctly.

DOTM is 3-d which means it will need a digital projector to run it, hence the thumbdrive as DPs don't use film (which runs a 24 frames per second, I think 3-d digital prints run at 100+ frames per second depending on the set-up)

5FDP
15th December 2010, 09:25 PM
My, how times have changed. Bring back the Looney Tunes cartoon at the start of the movies I say :cool:

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th December 2010, 04:25 AM
My, how times have changed. Bring back the Looney Tunes cartoon at the start of the movies I say :cool:

Oh yeh! Thats why I like Pixar films...;)

Watched the trailer tonight and it the same as the one released just the other. No urprise there really. It does look fantastically good in 3-d though!
(thor on the other hand...)

5FDP
16th December 2010, 01:27 PM
What happens with the USB's after their not needed anymore? I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to plug-n-play in your average home PC either?

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th December 2010, 04:08 PM
They get sent back to the distributor and probably used again.

I haven't been able to find a decoder to play them on the home computer. Judging from the time it takes the server to absorb the trailer, I would say some conversion goes on in the process. They are usually large files too. I believe the TF trailer is about 4 gig or so.

Hopefully a film print of the trailer will be sent out later on, as not all cinemas have digital screens even then, this won't work on a non-3-d projector set up anyway.

5FDP
16th December 2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the info TC!

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2010, 09:46 PM
film (which runs a 24 frames per second, I think 3-d digital prints run at 100+ frames per second depending on the set-up)

Yeah, film runs at 24 frames/second. Wow... 100+ frames... that's intense. But I still prefer watching 2D. 3D still always looks blurry to me. As cool as 3D looks, I'd rather watch clear 2D over fuzzy 3D. Hopefully they'll refine the technology so that we can watch clear 3D some day?

shokwave2
18th December 2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, film runs at 24 frames/second. Wow... 100+ frames... that's intense. But I still prefer watching 2D. 3D still always looks blurry to me. As cool as 3D looks, I'd rather watch clear 2D over fuzzy 3D. Hopefully they'll refine the technology so that we can watch clear 3D some day?

Same here. I enjoyed Avatar on bluray more than in 3D. The picture is sharper, colours are more vivid. 3D appears washed out and blurry. George Lucas is working on creating clearer 3D movies using LCD glasses. Cannot wait for Star Wars in 3D:)