PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - RtS Legends Optimus Prime

griffin
17th December 2010, 02:29 AM
(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Toy Review - Optimus Prime (Gen1)

Series - Reveal the Shield
Sub-line - Hunt for the Decepticons
Size/class - Legends
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - 4 (RtS wave 1)
Released here - December 2010
Approximate Retail Price - $6-10
Approximate Size - 8cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Truck
Main Features/Gimmicks - none
Main Colours - red, blue, grey, black
Main Accessories - none

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/rts01.jpg

Robzy
17th December 2010, 06:38 PM
Awesome figure. The head sculpt is great! It's an identical transformation to Legends Animated Prime, but an all new mould obviously.

Can't recommend it enough!

KaRNiV8L PRiME
18th December 2010, 10:16 AM
Great figure. Post that connects his leg is too tight for hole and knee artik would not have gone astray but overall very happy

snaketales
18th December 2010, 02:17 PM
Wonder how long before someone finds/makes a trailer for him?

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th December 2010, 06:20 PM
Wonder how long before someone finds/makes a trailer for him?

lols. I like mine, he is very nice for such a small figure. No Prime, Huffer and Pipes can have some fisticuffs on an even playing field. Well not pipes, he doesn't have hands...

Interesting stats though, It appears that his Firepower has increased, but skill levels have dropped. If we add them all up for a total, Prime now gets 76/80, whereas Megatron now get 78/80. better watch out Prime, Megatron's got a leg up on ya!

Mr Ed
22nd December 2010, 11:06 PM
He looks fanstastic!

SkyWarp91
30th December 2010, 03:15 PM
OP is my fav. Autobot so I bought this figure on sight.

Overall the toy has the classic, g1 like transformation and the angled legs add a more characteristic look to it.

The only minor complaints are that the arms have the wheels under the wrists, yeah i know it has to be there but still it's an eyesore.

Also for today's standards of TFs, and in comparison to RTS Legends Megatron this toy lacks knee articulation which I found to be disappointing.

But other than that, the toy is a cute mini-version of G1 PRIME!

Paulbot
31st December 2010, 11:27 PM
Looks great in both modes. A bit limited in robot mode (feels like the legs should be able to do more) but the pose is really nice. The torso swivel could have been removed so the transformation would be identical, but the false torso gives Prime that iconic character model look.

Blurrprimecoolboz2008
9th January 2011, 09:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5mV-OU13sE