PDA

View Full Version : newstart518 ???

Haphazard
23rd December 2010, 03:41 AM
Stupidly cheap Voyager Animated figures. But these seem very likely to be knock-offs? IDK...

One one side, they have all the details and a lot of positive feedback (99.5%) but buyers don't mention anything about the items themselves (just a bunch of "Thanks!" "Cool!" "Blah-de blah blah blah."), on the other side they have used photos from the Seibertron gallery instead of taking their own, they have a ridiculous number in stock (about 45-odd each listing)...

And: "Note: The item wasn't packed by original manufacturer which is a bulk good,in order to reduce the production cost on package.But the quality is the same with which have been.We promise the product is 100% brand-new.If you are perfectionist or collector,please think discreetly before place a bid.Thanks very much for your understanding."

But yes. They have a few TF figures from the Animated and movie line.

These are the ones I was looking at though:
Optimus Prime (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Animated-Voyager-Autobot-Optimus-Prime-/250663386410?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5cb3bd2a) (The two photos here make the figure look like a really dodgy knock off.)
Wreck-Gar (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Voyager-Class-Animated-WRECK-GAR-Robot-/250674319022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5d5a8eae)
Starscream (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Starscream-Voyage-Class-Animated-Vertion-/250669980116?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5d1859d4)

Could they be genuine and have bought a whole lot to try to sell at a later date for a profit, and they're now just trying to get rid of figures that no one really wants to buy, hence the price? Or are they total fakes?? :| I'm not really trusting them... Opinions? Does anyone have any experience with this seller?

SkyWarp91
23rd December 2010, 05:45 AM
Those figures are legit, I have that OP and yes his axe does look that cruddy (Deluxe Animated Prime has the best axe) The seller probably did buy a huge bulkload of them and now is trying to get rid of them thus selling them at such a bargain. The seller is considered as a Power Seller which often indicates a competent seller but they don't have 100% positive feedback. Don't know if you frequent eBay much but the way I use it is is that I'm willing to purchase items from sellers with <100% positive feedback IF their negative complaints are ONLY about receiving bad postage packaging or a dent in a box, but if the complaints are about items never being received then I'd be cautious, especially during this exact time of year...

Good luck with the hunting.

Sky Shadow
23rd December 2010, 07:20 AM
They're not knockoffs and with the exception of the loose Wreck-Gar they're not even that cheap - $20 is the US RRP for Voyagers.

griffin
23rd December 2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, don't try to compare US$ retail to AU$ retail, as it was always cheaper to import, and the current exchange rate makes it even better right now. So basically, they are still selling them for profit, but converted to AU$, they are well below our retail price.

The Optimus and Starscream are legit figures, as they are in packaging. Wreck Gar is probably a 'stolen' figure (from the factory before it was boxed up), but still not a KO.

Tallestblue
23rd December 2010, 02:15 PM
HK Sellers seem to have a LOT of Wreck-Gars for sale. Dunno why.
I got my boxed Animated Wreck-Gar from a HK seller for aout 30 bucks anfd it's a legit toy. Just not certain if was ever purchased from a store...

Haphazard
25th December 2010, 05:55 PM
Hmm. Looks like I'm going to have to do some late christmas shopping then. X3

EDIT: I shall report back when I finally buy one of them and recieve it~!