PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ROC figures

Paul Agnew
26th December 2010, 10:34 AM
At the most recent Parra fair, a discussion was brought up between myself and another fan over sightings of Rise Of Cobra toys. In all places, apparently numerous waves have materialised at newsagencies and chemists.
Whether or not this should be taken as fact is dubious, for they never stated exactly WHICH stores they were found. Kind-of odd to reveal they exist, give a price, yet not give a more thorogh lead.

It's known for a fact that one newsagent DID get Joes- this store in particular down southern NSW recieved most (all?) of ROC Wave 3 (which never got a retail release here). That's how I picked up the Pit Commando and Cobra Eel.

So, if anyone does come across a Joe or several that are in need of a good home, could you please let me know? Any sightings around the Sydney area (from Newcastle to Nowra, but not limited to) are preffered/appreciated, though I'm not too chuffed state-wise depending on the figure.

Sharky
29th December 2010, 07:26 AM
These are the movie figures???

I did spot some locally at uncle pete's toys Macarthur sq campbelltown they were priced at $4.99 ea

If I get there today i will see which characters are there

Sharky
29th December 2010, 01:32 PM
ok i had a bit of a look, plenty of snake eyes zartans and movie guys but othe notable ones i have not seen before include

Rex 'The Doctor' Lewis
Para-Viper
Sgt. Stone
Shipwreck
Charbroil
Kamakura

there are two clearance bins full of figures with a new price of $2.99 each dirt cheap considering they had a 17.99 price tag

Zippo
29th December 2010, 01:41 PM
Oh .. Stone, Charbroil and Kamakura
Not that I need or live in the correct country ...

kup
30th December 2010, 02:34 PM
I have seen them at odd places too like The Reject shop

Paul Agnew
30th December 2010, 08:56 PM
I have seen them at odd places too like The Reject shop

Were the figures you saw those bulky 8' Sigma 6-esque 'Combat Hero' figures, or the 3 3/4 line?

Lord_Zed
30th December 2010, 11:16 PM
Damn, why are there no Uncle Pete's near me?

Fungal Infection
10th January 2011, 07:15 AM
Looks like someone has bought all the "rare" figures from Uncle Petes Macarthur. I was in there 2 weeks ago and and managed to grab Helix, Kamakura, Delta-6 Duke, Reactive Ripcord, Nano-Viper, The Doctor, Paris Baroness, Artic Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, Charbroil, Flash, Night Adder and Red Fang Ninja but yesterday they had about 1/4 of the stock they had the previous week and none of the above figures. Looks like the most sought after figures have all been cherry picked.

Paul Agnew
11th January 2011, 07:21 AM
Looks like someone has bought all the "rare" figures from Uncle Petes Macarthur. I was in there 2 weeks ago and and managed to grab Helix, Kamakura, Delta-6 Duke, Reactive Ripcord, Nano-Viper, The Doctor, Paris Baroness, Artic Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, Charbroil, Flash, Night Adder and Red Fang Ninja but yesterday they had about 1/4 of the stock they had the previous week and none of the above figures. Looks like the most sought after figures have all been cherry picked.

While saddening to fans such as myself who don't own the figures, this is undenyable proof that G.I. Joe will sell here if for both the right price, and in wider selection of choices.

So Hasbro, how about giving other big retailers another shot? Persuade them to purchase latter waves and no doubt they will sell.