PDA

View Full Version : Slim Shady

blackoptimus
27th December 2010, 02:06 AM
Why does Silm Shady wanna kill his wife Kim? He mentions it in his songs. Does he really wanna kill her? They got re-married in 2006 after the song was published, why would they get back together after that? Silm Shady being eminem.

SharkyMcShark
27th December 2010, 03:01 AM
Because he's a massive tool, basically

Hursticon
27th December 2010, 03:34 AM
The story between Marshall Mathers' and his on-again/off-again Wife Kim Mathers has been an ongoing saga for almost 20 years now, all the songs that mention Kim by name, or by reference, are purely Marshall venting... and getting paid for it. ;)

Basically it's just another person's private life being publicly aired, you'd be hard pressed to find a Celeb that doesn't utilise their private lives to benefit their careers or conversely to have it happen to them without their consent.

Personally, I love the track 'Kim' from the Marshall Mathers 'LP' :D, but I've basically stopped listening to anything else he's produced since D-12 World as that was a horrible album and his work has been in a steep decline since, or maybe I'm just too old now and the rap that I listened to no longer exists :p because Pop music for this soon to be passed decade has been the most manufactured crap I've ever seen :mad: and it looks like it has certainly influenced Eminem's material - that's for sure. :(

Albums I own:
1. The Slim Shady 'LP'
2. The Marshall Mathers 'LP'
3. D-12 - Devil's Night
4. The Eminem Show
5. A multitude of unreleased downloaded tracks, Demos and Acapellas.

The only other album I'd consider getting is the 8 Mile Soundtrack. :cool:

blackoptimus
27th December 2010, 03:40 PM
The story between Marshall Mathers' and his on-again/off-again Wife Kim Mathers has been an ongoing saga for almost 20 years now, all the songs that mention Kim by name, or by reference, are purely Marshall venting... and getting paid for it. ;)

Basically it's just another person's private life being publicly aired, you'd be hard pressed to find a Celeb that doesn't utilise their private lives to benefit their careers or conversely to have it happen to them without their consent.

Personally, I love the track 'Kim' from the Marshall Mathers 'LP' :D, but I've basically stopped listening to anything else he's produced since D-12 World as that was a horrible album and his work has been in a steep decline since, or maybe I'm just too old now and the rap that I listened to no longer exists :p because Pop music for this soon to be passed decade has been the most manufactured crap I've ever seen :mad: and it looks like it has certainly influenced Eminem's material - that's for sure. :(

Albums I own:
1. The Slim Shady 'LP'
2. The Marshall Mathers 'LP'
3. D-12 - Devil's Night
4. The Eminem Show
5. A multitude of unreleased downloaded tracks, Demos and Acapellas.

The only other album I'd consider getting is the 8 Mile Soundtrack. :cool:

Consider getting curtain call, it's pretty bad ass! But isn't all this killing mentioning hurting his daughter hallie?

Hursticon
27th December 2010, 06:25 PM
Consider getting curtain call, it's pretty bad ass! But isn't all this killing mentioning hurting his daughter hallie?

Hmm...
I always felt that the tracks on Curtain Call were a little too 'Pop-y" if you know what I mean, I might see if I can borrow a copy first. ;)

On the Hallie/Haley/Hailey!?! :p front, I've no doubt that it has/will cause some sort of affect on the little one - but I imagine that with time, age and maturity she'll come to understand the reasons behind the madness. :cool:
I've no doubt she'll question the 'financial gain for private pain' issue at some point though. :o

blackoptimus
28th December 2010, 04:04 AM
Hmm...
I always felt that the tracks on Curtain Call were a little too 'Pop-y" if you know what I mean, I might see if I can borrow a copy first. ;)

On the Hallie/Haley/Hailey!?! :p front, I've no doubt that it has/will cause some sort of affect on the little one - but I imagine that with time, age and maturity she'll come to understand the reasons behind the madness. :cool:
I've no doubt she'll question the 'financial gain for private pain' issue at some point though. :o

BTW do u listen to G-Unit stuff? I have another question, how come there was a massive feud between 50 and the game same thing goes for 50 and young buck.

Hursticon
29th December 2010, 04:22 AM
BTW do u listen to G-Unit stuff? I have another question, how come there was a massive feud between 50 and the game same thing goes for 50 and young buck.

In answer to your first question dude, nah not a fan of the whole G-Unit/50 Cent thing as my tastes for Rap by the time 50 Cent came around with 'In Da Club' was dwindling at best - subsequently dude I'd be no help to you with your other questions, sorry. :o

50 Cent seemed to be the new 'flag barer' for Rap/Hip-hop and whilst being produced by Eminem and Dr. Dre, he lacked what made me interested in Eminem - The entertaining elements to his lyrics.
For me, MM's lyrics whilst having seriousness elements, he also had a lot of humour in them quite often poking fun at himself - add the odd sound effects sewn through the music, the stories his first 3 albums divulged I found to be thoroughly entertaining and is why I, a Huge Metal Head :cool:, was even attracted to Rap in the first place. ;):D

There were other Rap/Hip-hop artists I didn't mind such as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, NWA, DMX and Cypress Hill but my interest in them extended mainly to a series of certain songs rather than the artist as a whole but that being said I liked them more than just a fleeting interest 'per say'. ;)

blackoptimus
4th January 2011, 07:27 PM
1 more thing, you have the slim shady lp cd right??? Well is the song Guilty Conscience Clean or explicit on the CD? On the iTunes version it's clean so I'm wondering if the CD is clean to or explicit.

Hursticon
4th January 2011, 07:44 PM
1 more thing, you have the slim shady lp cd right??? Well is the song Guilty Conscience Clean or explicit on the CD? On the iTunes version it's clean so I'm wondering if the CD is clean to or explicit.

I'm very, very pleased to inform you dude that it is indeed Uncensored on the Album. ;):D:D:D

blackoptimus
4th January 2011, 07:56 PM
I'm very, very pleased to inform you dude that it is indeed Uncensored on the Album. ;):D:D:D

It's soo weird on itunes they have the clean album and the explicit album, but on the explicit the guilty conscience is clean wtf lol.

Hursticon
4th January 2011, 07:58 PM
It's soo weird on itunes they have the clean album and the explicit album, but on the explicit the guilty conscience is clean wtf lol.

That's why I buy my music in physical form. ;):D
(That is quite ridiculous though! :confused:)