PDA

View Full Version : A big big lesson i learnt

roller
18th April 2008, 08:46 PM
So after consolodating my courage after a few days i finally decided to ask Laura from work out, well i dont work there anymore but i frequently buy from them.

well i havent been there for at least 2 and bit months

so i finally asked her and she said she had a boyfriend already! big big let down, cause we were very friendly together.

The moral is, don't leave such matters to the last minute

now if you'll excuse me im off to drown my sorrows

in ice cream or potatoes

Paulbot
18th April 2008, 08:51 PM
I've been in that situation literally a dozen times or more and it sucks. It's better to know one way or the other, but it always sucks to get a no.

TheDirtyDigger
18th April 2008, 08:52 PM
Look guys. Even if you have a strike rate of only 10 percent. Ask ten people out and you'll at least get one. :cool:
And one is all most people need.:)

Except for me.:rolleyes:

iceburn
18th April 2008, 09:31 PM
sorry to hear that roller. someone is sure to come along after that 'No', trust me :P

DD, how many do you need *wink*

Bartrim
18th April 2008, 09:42 PM
You don't work at Shoal Water do you? Because if you do the Laura that works there is my wife so no wonder she said no:p

Just kidding mate. Keep your chin up. Plenty of girls out there (Maybe not enough for the Digger:p) but still plenty out there:)

Thanatos
18th April 2008, 09:58 PM
in ice cream or potatoes

Man, aren't you born in 1989? That makes you at least as old as me... should go to the pub!

That's how I solve my problems :p :cool:

roller
18th April 2008, 10:04 PM
to make matters worse there are absolutely none near my house

ahhhhhh so bloody frustrating, now i have to start the process of wooing all over agaiin:rolleyes:

Kyle
18th April 2008, 10:37 PM
Any potential new target in Murdoch? :D

turtle boy
18th April 2008, 11:08 PM
I don't bother asking people out, the way i see it, i already have a boss. I don't need another one. Yeah, I like to have a few drinks... then some fun;) and then more drinks, then its home again. I suppose, I'm not getting married or having children. So yeah.. Sorry to hear about it roller. The worst felling is.. I don't want a boyfriend. I just want to be friends. And then she goes and sleeps with one of your mates...:( Then you have to kick some arse and you really don't want to do that.... but yeah. It happens. Take _My_ word for it.

STL
18th April 2008, 11:18 PM
Look guys. Even if you have a strike rate of only 10 percent. Ask ten people out and you'll at least get one. :cool:

DD's exactly right, Roller. That's my mindset too when I used to head out more (i'm spoken for now). You might get 99 rejections a night but that 1 that you pull off makes you a bloody legend. :D

Paulbot
18th April 2008, 11:26 PM
If i got 99 rejections in one night I think I'd go jump off a bridge! :eek:

kup
18th April 2008, 11:28 PM
You should be like me and reject any notion of wanting a relationship with anyone.

Personally, aside from the physical human tendencies, I have never met a girl that I could stand for more than 30 minutes without getting completly bored of or fed up with. Plus I have never felt the 'need' to form a lasting 'relationship' with any one so I believe myself to be better off in that regard. However its also possible that I am just too self aware of the difference between love and lust and have never considered a relationship because I have never had anyone trigger the former emotional state.

autobreadticon
18th April 2008, 11:32 PM
get a batman custome and stalk her now, sooner of later she'll fall head over heals for you

Kyle
18th April 2008, 11:33 PM
I have never met a girl that I could stand for more than 30 minutes without getting completly bored of or fed up with.

I have never met a girl that could stand me for more than 30 minutes without getting completely bored or fed up with me...

roller
18th April 2008, 11:36 PM
what stings is that i left it so long and i think she met him when i buggered off for 2 or 3 months

Dinger!!!!! Even the prospect of the toy fair tommorow does not alleviate me broken heart.

Time heals all ive heard:o and so does drink, all i gots here is baileys and some crap beer left behind by a relative

ahhhh its like when you dont buy a toy you see at a shop and then get home and want to buy it. And when you return its gone... only to see it scalped on ebay

Kyle
18th April 2008, 11:38 PM
what stings is that i left it so long and i think she met him when i buggered off for 2 or 3 months

Dinger!!!!! Even the prospect of the toy fair tommorow does not alleviate me broken heart.

Time heals all ive heard:o and so does drink, all i gots here is baileys and some crap beer left behind by a relative

ahhhh its like when you dont buy a toy you see at a shop and then get home and want to buy it. And when you return its gone... only to see it scalped on ebay

Cheer up... You never know you might meet a girl at the fair tomorrow who also happens to like Transformers... ;)

kup
18th April 2008, 11:41 PM
get a batman custome and stalk her now, sooner of later she'll fall head over heals for you

I am in favor of the above suggestion. There is absolutely no conceivable way that it could go wrong..A perfect plan :)

Kyle
18th April 2008, 11:49 PM
The girls would also think you look like Christian Bale and have billions of dollars~ :p

autobreadticon
18th April 2008, 11:52 PM
roller, write a song and make big bucks, that way you will always be surround with girls

kup
18th April 2008, 11:56 PM
Or just join a pop band!

Ringo starr was probably the ugliest dude on Earth but he had millions of girls flooding the streets just so they could catch a glympse of him.

roller
18th April 2008, 11:59 PM
and he was the voice of thomas the tank, i wonder if that had more appeal then being a Beetle? :)

i shall drown my sorrows in toys tommorow at the fare

autobreadticon
19th April 2008, 12:04 AM
i predict you will meet someone wonderful at the fair tommorrow, she will be like
tf fangirl "do you collect transformers?"
Roller - "yeah i collect transformers, whats it to you"
tf fangirl "How rude i just wanted to be friendly"
Roller - "cant you see you i am wollowing in my pain, beat it"
Tf fangirl - "what a jerk"

MV75
19th April 2008, 12:06 AM

Just keep an eye open on the streets then, you might find her being scalped on the corner outside the pub.

You could then buy some whoo-hoo time. It'll be cheaper, and you'll find she'll have some sort of disfigurement that you'll be thankful you don't have to live with.

i predict you will meet someone wonderful at the fair tommorrow, she will be like
tf fangirl "do you collect transformers?"
Roller - "yeah i collect transformers, whats it to you"
tf fangirl "How rude i just wanted to be friendly"
Roller - "cant you see you i am wollowing in my pain, beat it"
Tf fangirl - "what a jerk"

Roller - "wait, you were supposed to say how deep and meaningful I am and throw yourself at me for some pity secs".
Tf fangirl - "Get lost nerd. I'm going to go and throw myself at mv75. He hates fat chicks like me, and that makes me want him even more".
________
Subaru Rex History (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru_Rex)

autobreadticon
19th April 2008, 12:09 AM
roller mate, i believe true loves come to every1 once in a lifetime. Once you find your soulbot it can never be broken. :)

MV75
19th April 2008, 12:11 AM
roller mate, i believe true loves come to every1 once in a lifetime. Once you find your soulbot it can never be broken. :)

Unless it's made of gold plastic.
________
L Platform (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_L_platform)

Kyle
19th April 2008, 12:12 AM
Roller - "wait, you were supposed to say how deep and meaningful I am and throw yourself at me for some pity secs".
Tf fangirl - "Get lost nerd. I'm going to go and throw myself at mv75. He hates fat chicks like me, and that makes me want him even more".

I'm laughing with tears...

roller
19th April 2008, 12:29 AM
hahaha i luv it write more of this tale

Kyle
19th April 2008, 12:36 AM

Roller - "But I like fat chicks~"

jaydisc
19th April 2008, 12:38 AM
Dude.... if only you had G2 Motormaster....

roller
19th April 2008, 12:45 AM
you said it jay

Kyle
19th April 2008, 12:47 AM
:p

Pulse
19th April 2008, 01:00 AM
roller, don't let it get to you. She obviously wasn't worth it.

Mate, I can tell you a zillion stories about girls. There are so many completely screwed up ones out there. You won't believe just how many "Female Dogs" I've encountered when I was at Uni. :mad:

Mate, there will come a day when you will know that she is the one. She may already be a part of your life (but you've never thought about her in that way) or maybe you haven't met her yet. But She is out there & when that "allspark" buzzes, you'll know. :)

At my old job, I got to know Steph pretty well. Hell, it took me one fricken year to dig up the ballz to even ask her for her name. Now, who's the sap?

Oh & I'm sure you've experienced the games they play. You know what games I'm talking about. Hell, there's this girl who's currently trying to play those same games with me at the moment through Myspace (& she lives in New York for christsakes :rolleyes:). Being that she's 21, she's still obviously in that "Playing Head-Games phase" & she must believe that I'm still naive enough to fall for them. Good luck with those Head-Games S, you won't see me falling into your web. :)

TheHandsomeCrab
19th April 2008, 07:47 AM
You should be like me and reject any notion of wanting a relationship with anyone.

Personally, aside from the physical human tendencies, I have never met a girl that I could stand for more than 30 minutes without getting completly bored of or fed up with. Plus I have never felt the 'need' to form a lasting 'relationship' with any one so I believe myself to be better off in that regard. However its also possible that I am just too self aware of the difference between love and lust and have never considered a relationship because I have never had anyone trigger the former emotional state.
21st Century Schizoid Man?

TheDirtyDigger
19th April 2008, 07:58 AM

Kup man. There is definitely some unhealthy psychology going on there.
I'm no expert (well yes I am really) but generally it's always better to be in a relationship than out of one.

kup
19th April 2008, 11:09 AM
I'm no expert (well yes I am really) but generally it's always better to be in a relationship than out of one.

Psychological issue, possibly, that is always a factor :)

Always better to be in a relationship than without one, I disagrees. I prefer to be alone than with someone's who's company I don't enjoy. I don't like having friends for the sake of saying I have friends. The same applies with girlfriends.

Past 'relationships' have so utterly bored me in the past that I begun to take a 'Oh crap, I don't feel like hanging around this chick' attitude before going out, it was the same feeling as not wanting to go to school or work in the morning because I would rather do something else.

To put it simply, I don't get along with the typical 'female' personality.

Pulse
19th April 2008, 02:33 PM
It'd sure be nice to hear Mel's opinion on roller's experience :). It'd probably be a huge insight for a lot of us here (being that it can take years to figure out some girl's methods of thought on this topic).

roller
19th April 2008, 05:18 PM
Kup i consider you one of my best Tf friends whether you like it or not! :)

The toy fair today was a slight mood highter ner

thanks for the suggestions boys

griffin
20th April 2008, 01:30 AM

I'd have to agree.
Experiance lad. You should learn to appreciate it. (I heard that from somewhere once :) )

kup
20th April 2008, 12:13 PM
I'd have to agree.
Experiance lad. You should learn to appreciate it. (I heard that from somewhere once :) )

I have experienced it and don't like it. I prefer to be alone than with someone I don't like and will not make concessions because the person happens to be a girl.

I am yet to meet a girl who does not bore me or pisses me off and I have no need to seek out a relationship either.

Pulse
20th April 2008, 01:01 PM
I have experienced it and don't like it. I prefer to be alone than with someone I don't like and will not make concessions because the person happens to be a girl.

I am yet to meet a girl who does not bore me or pisses me off and I have no need to seek out a relationship either.

Don't give up on 'em yet Mate. She'll come along one day. :)

You don't wanna end up like one of those weirdos that lives around the corner from me. :D

kup
20th April 2008, 01:19 PM
I don't get it. What's so weird or unacceptable about choosing to live alone?

MV75
20th April 2008, 01:42 PM
There are no chicks out there that like to compare every facet of everything to beast wars, so yea, at least you know to give up. :p

Welcome to....... the weirdos. But it's not all bad, they have their own paradise of comic book stores, mylar protective jackets, Amazon online, trenchcoats, baseball caps worn correctly, pizza delivery, unshaved bum fluff chins, and Dr peppers. Plus people leave them in peace (run away), because they radiate an aura of "that boy ain't right". :D :D
________
Free jcpenney gift card (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/jcpenney-gift-card/)

Pulse
20th April 2008, 01:55 PM
There are no chicks out there that like to compare every facet of everything to beast wars, so yea, at least you know to give up. :p

Welcome to....... the weirdos. But it's not all bad, they have their own paradise of comic book stores, mylar protective jackets, Amazon online, trenchcoats, baseball caps worn correctly, pizza delivery, unshaved bum fluff chins, and Dr peppers. Plus people leave them in peace (run away), because they radiate an aura of "that boy ain't right". :D :D

LOL That's comedic gold right there. :p

kup, pay no attention to the boneheads trying to make fun of how you live. There's a point when we grow out of the "Animal House" roommates phase & we get sick of the emotional rollercoasters that some girls like to throw us on. Something tells me you've experienced both phases & you don't want either in your life. :)

MV75
20th April 2008, 02:05 PM
LOL That's comedic gold right there. :p

kup, pay no attention to the boneheads trying to make fun of how you live. There's a point when we grow out of the "Animal House" roommates phase & we get sick of the emotional rollercoasters that some girls like to throw us on. Something tells me you've experienced both phases & you don't want either in your life. :)

Yep, I just ran with it. :)

But I'm not totally ragging on him, I too prefer to live alone, or at most with one person.

One day someone may come along, but I've never really been bothered to hunt anyone down, as I feel, and always have, that I just don't "need" to be in a relationship. I prefer to just let the ride of life bring itself to me and I'll deal with it as it happens. :) I've gotten over my "women suck" phase a long time ago when I realised they won't change, why waste the energy hating?, and just accepted that yes, they can suck. :D
________
HENRY FORD (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Henry_Ford)

kup
20th April 2008, 02:08 PM
Well, I would rarther wait for a chick with the great depth and captivating personality of Beast Wars than to go emo and bitter for months over a shallow Animated one with the depth and qualities of Paris Hilton :)

Paulbot
20th April 2008, 02:10 PM
It is an interesting spread here of members from happily (or unhappily) single to happily (I hope) married.

I'm totally in the unhappily single camp.

kup
20th April 2008, 02:30 PM
Teasing aside, I am personally not waiting for anyone. Being alone is the best way to go for me. I have tried to experience relationships in the past but not due to needing it but more due to trying it. Never worked out because I just didn't care and prefered to do other things with my free time.

I just don't care about forming a relationship with anyone, I never really had. Unlike most people I have NEVER had a need for companionship, even when I was a kid. That doesn't mean that I will automactically reject an opportunity but it does mean that I don't actively seek it because it is something that is Not essential for me in life. As a kid in school I went to several different schools, in most I found good people to hang out with and I did, some other schools (the god awful Sutherland shire) I only found aholes so I preferred to be alone, I wasn't like some kids who needed to join a group just for the sake of companionship. Thankfully in those bad schools I was generally left alone because I made it clear than anyone who annoyed me would get one 'right in the kisser' but that's it.

Thanatos
20th April 2008, 03:26 PM
It is an interesting spread here of members from happily (or unhappily) single to happily (I hope) married.

I'm totally in the unhappily single camp.

I'm in the "I've only been single for about 6 months now but I'm still getting some good times so being single kind of works for me" camp. I understand kup and how he doesn't require other people to exist (I'm generally the same), and how you can be unhappy and single Paulbot.

Too hard to just class us :P

Pulse
20th April 2008, 04:24 PM
I didn't think we'd ever be discussing this subject on this board (I can't find the right face to put here).

Personally, I luv girls :). Besides all the "female dogs" I met at Uni, I met some really cool girls as well. All of them started as (& still currently are) being really good friends while some of the others grew into more than that :p (But that's an area I'd rather not go into). Of those that grew into more than friends, I really regret "putting my foot in it" on two occasions. Oh, I wish I hadn't screwed it up with both Lisa & Christina :(.

But life moves on & whatever girl I'm supposed to be with, I'm sure It'll hit me at that moment. But I haven't actively got that thought in the back of my mind. Hell, At the moment I'm in a "very weird" relationship (to say the least) with a girl from Myspace. S (that's the only name you're getting from me) & I used to be "Myspace friends" but since then I've figured out what she's been doing. Honestly, my Page/Blog can't be that interesting but it's sure getting alot of views - which has led me to put 2 & 2 together & work out that she set up another account (with a fake profile), I agreed to become friends with that other account & she's using that as her medium to check on what I'm doing...

Girls think they're smarter than you (in regards to the tactics/train of thought they employ) but with a little bit of deductive thinking of your own, you can figure them out. :)

So, I guess girls seem to be a never-ending puzzle that can be a lot of fun to figure out (from my perspective anyway). :)

turtle boy
20th April 2008, 04:30 PM
I'm no expert (well yes I am really)

you started off really well there, but damn, Do you actually know what an expert is? Expert- Ex- an unknown amount, (S)pert- is a drip under pressure. So really not a good thing. LOL JK digger, don't worry mate.

Also. cheer up roller mate. Don't worry about her, just i dunno. spend vast amounts of money of things that mean nothing to some and a lot to us. IE transformers:D

[QUOTE=kup;18354]Teasing aside, I am personally not waiting for anyone. Being alone is the best way to go for me. I have tried to experience relationships in the past but not due to needing it but more due to trying it. Never worked out because I just didn't care and prefered to do other things with my free time.

I just don't care about forming a relationship with anyone, I never really had. Unlike most people I have NEVER had a need for companionship, even when I was a kid. That doesn't mean that I will automactically reject an opportunity but it does mean that I don't actively seek it because it is something that is Not essential for me in life. As a kid in school I went to several different schools, in most I found good people to hang out with and I did, some other schools (the god awful Sutherland shire) I only found aholes so I preferred to be alone, I wasn't like some kids who needed to join a group just for the sake of companionship. Thankfully in those bad schools I was generally left alone because I made it clear than anyone who annoyed me would get one 'right in the kisser' but that's it.

couldn't help but notes some similarity's between you and i there kup.

Paulbot
21st April 2008, 10:44 PM
A big lesson I learnt over the weekend is if you're not sure if you're friends or dating someone don't try to befriend the person on your myspace/facebook... because when they decline it's... not very nice :(

TheDirtyDigger
22nd April 2008, 07:00 AM
A big lesson I learnt over the weekend is if you're not sure if you're friends or dating someone don't try to befriend the person on your myspace/facebook... because when they decline it's... not very nice :(

LOL. I was wondering what was up with your status there. Can you elaborate on the situation? Either publicly or PM?

Paulbot
22nd April 2008, 09:08 AM
Not much more to elaborate. I completely misread the situation I was in, and while I was in denial it's now very clear to me what the facts are and I have to try to move on.

Oh, and binge on expensive TF purchases.

Kyle
22nd April 2008, 09:19 AM
Servers at work have blocked facebook for weeks. Don't know if it made us more productive or less. Some of us have developed an urge to go home early to use the home computer. :D

Burn
22nd April 2008, 09:25 AM
I don't have any websites at work (helps being the unofficial system administrator I guess) so I can pop onto Facebook any time I want.

... just to see what my 6 friends are up to.

kup
22nd April 2008, 10:23 AM
Servers at work have blocked facebook for weeks. Don't know if it made us more productive or less. Some of us have developed an urge to go home early to use the home computer. :D

I have never understood the attraction of phase book. Three times have friends tried to get me into it but once in, I loose interest almost immediately.

What is it that I am supposed to do in there? Write about myself and wait for people to look me up? Sounds kinda lame.

TheDirtyDigger
22nd April 2008, 10:49 AM
I have never understood the attraction of phase book. Three times have friends tried to get me into it but once in, I loose interest almost immediately.

What is it that I am supposed to do in there? Write about myself and wait for people to look me up? Sounds kinda lame.

It's a good place to hook up with old friends or ex-lovers. I have found so many people I loved and thought I would probably never see again. Personally it's been an excellent experience and I owe the creators of Facebook a big thank you.
The quizzes and other applications are a bit of harmless fun and help get through the work day.
Like most things in life it is what you make of it and the more you put in the more you get out of it.

Also I love writing about myself. :D

Bartrim
22nd April 2008, 10:57 AM
I'm a fan of facebook too it has helped me keep in touch with many friends and helped me find many old friends. I even just posted an interesting story in the "Transformers infiltrating your life" thread about facebook. Those little games do help pass the day too.

Oh and I enjoy writing about TheDirtyDigger too:p:D

Pulse
22nd April 2008, 11:43 AM
I'm afraid that if I signed up to Facebook, I would be found by a lot of ex's who I really don't want to have any contact with ever again. Stupid Female Dogs...

kup
22nd April 2008, 02:20 PM
I have tried looking for people within facebook but found no one I would care to reestablish contact with.

The things that seems to attract you guys to it its boredom inducing for me, I am just to odd and weird :). I don't care for writing stories for others to read, keep a logbook of my life open to the public nor finding online friends that I don't really know in RL to hang out with.

That seems to make sense on how Facebook totally failed for me, it doesn't fit with who I am since I am not very social to begin with.

To pass the time at work I just post here or other forums discussing TFs or other things or just read news articles and stuff.

MV75
22nd April 2008, 05:09 PM
Heh, facestabknifebook and mypigsty. :p

"Relationships" on those sorts of things pretty much puts you into lower rung bigbrotherisgreat sheeple territory. :D

Plus I prefer to not openly share all of my details that just anyone can look up. So many people are just too willing to give too much up for a stranger. Sort of like reverse prostitutes, where they get ripped off instead. :D
________
Ford Pinto (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Pinto)

kup
22nd April 2008, 06:29 PM
Heh, facestabknifebook and mypigsty. :p

"Relationships" on those sorts of things pretty much puts you into lower rung bigbrotherisgreat sheeple territory. :D

Plus I prefer to not openly share all of my details that just anyone can look up. So many people are just too willing to give too much up for a stranger. Sort of like reverse prostitutes, where they get ripped off instead. :D

I would never say so far.

I take it as a 'to each their own' issue and its most definitely not 'my own'. I know that I am in the minority here but that is normal for me. I typically dislike what most people like.

Pulse
22nd April 2008, 08:03 PM

LOL :D Now that's an analogy I never thought I'd hear when talking about Myspace/Facebook.

roller
22nd April 2008, 08:15 PM
so Facebook, is this?

You leave info about yourself and then log in each day to see what people have written about you?

Paulbot
22nd April 2008, 08:26 PM
Well it can be, but I use it to stay in touch with some people, get back in touch with some others, and see what people are up to... Because I'm nosey :)

MV75
22nd April 2008, 08:45 PM
LOL :D Now that's an analogy I never thought I'd hear when talking about Myspace/Facebook.

I suppose I could have used the technical term of "social engineering" when one is keen to get as much info about someone as they can before they do an identity theft. IMO, these sites encourage people to let their guard down too much. Advertisers also love to troll through these things too.
________
Vapir one review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapir-air-one/)

kup
22nd April 2008, 08:46 PM
I tried loging in to have a look again, just for the sake of trying. I tried searching for school friends but non were there, the search options suck. I looked at the Ozformers facebook page but this forum is a much better way to interact so the page became pointless.

If the main draw of facebook is to read about other people's lives and for you to write about your own life then its preety much useless for me.

The main reason that I went back was to see if there was anything else to do with Facebook (I heard people mention that there is in plenty of occasions) but I didn't find any other activity than the above so I disconnected. I have had that account for well of over a year and I think that I have only logged in 2-3 times for a period of 5-10mins at the most, just to try to figure out why it has so much appeal and get so much press coverage but from my perspective it fails every time to grab me.

TheDirtyDigger
22nd April 2008, 10:25 PM
I tried loging in to have a look again, just for the sake of trying. I tried searching for school friends but non were there, the search options suck. I looked at the Ozformers facebook page but this forum is a much better way to interact so the page became pointless.

If the main draw of facebook is to read about other people's lives and for you to write about your own life then its preety much useless for me.

The main reason that I went back was to see if there was anything else to do with Facebook (I heard people mention that there is in plenty of occasions) but I didn't find any other activity than the above so I disconnected. I have had that account for well of over a year and I think that I have only logged in 2-3 times for a period of 5-10mins at the most, just to try to figure out why it has so much appeal and get so much press coverage but from my perspective it fails every time to grab me.

You should be able to pull up your school itself and find old school chums there.

Pulse
22nd April 2008, 10:48 PM
You should be able to pull up your school itself and find old school chums there.

"Chums" or "Scum of the Earth who you wouldn't p#ss on if they were on fire" :D

Ahhh, Highschool = fun times. Mind you, Uni was a hell of a lot better :).

turtle boy
22nd April 2008, 10:51 PM
pursonaly, I don't use Myspace or facebook. I have a Myspace, but only ever use it to send my mates GF anoying messages and she dose the same to me. but yeah, i don't make blogs or a logbook of any kind. i don't want to know about my life, why would others?

STL
22nd April 2008, 11:16 PM
I'm not a fan either. It's partly a function of time for me since there's so many things I'm involved in but it's primarily b/c I'm not too happy about throwing my life out there. You never know how it could come back to bite one day. And I'm the type of idiot who types a lot of dumb stuff when I'm told there are no limits.

That, and I don't have any friends. :)

kup
23rd April 2008, 12:10 AM
That, and I don't have any friends. :)

No friends are better than bad friends.

jaydisc
24th April 2008, 03:05 PM
Benefits of a loving partner (http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/TF%20Message.mp3)

Thanatos
24th April 2008, 04:04 PM
Benefits of a loving partner (http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/TF%20Message.mp3)

Jaydisc you win at ladies.

Fungal Infection
24th April 2008, 06:12 PM

You get props from me for that!! I actually have to search for and buy my own stuff!! But my wife bought me a PS3 without me knowing so she gets lotsa love. :)

MV75
25th April 2008, 12:18 AM
Only cops have partners.

And a loving one, well, that's a strange pairing I don't think I'd like to see deploying speed cameras. :D
________
E cigarette (http://vaporshop.com)

Pulse
25th April 2008, 12:32 AM

The better half doing TF scouting for you? Un-freaking-believable!?

This would have to be the first time ever in the history of humankind that this has ever been recorded as having taken place :D.

There must be a blue moon out tonight or something... :p

liegeprime
25th April 2008, 08:32 AM
This is a rather rollercoasting thread actually. I only took a look coz I was intrigued with the title...which is now really lost in the thread..... started with roller getting a NO, Then Kup gets ribbed jokingly, then facebook enters the scene,then theres relationships with friends hoping to be lovers/partners always looming the backdrop .... interesting yet if you dont start reading this thread from the start and just look at the last page entry you go... huh??!? WTF is goin on, what with the title?!?:confused::confused:Oh well just a side comment since the thread seems to be a continous chatroom than a thread hehehehe:D:D

TF76
25th April 2008, 07:49 PM
My girlfriend does also lot scouting for transformers and has been present at almost every retail purchase, since I started collecting again. :D

We even sat in her car last night in the car park at Highpoints and opened the 3 boxes of my Movie Voyager lay-by together… :cool:

roller
25th April 2008, 10:52 PM
My girlfriend does also lot scouting for transformers and has been present at almost every retail purchase, since I started collecting again. :D

We even sat in her car last night in the car park at Highpoints and opened the 3 boxes of my Movie Voyager lay-by together… :cool:

Romantic :)

Pulse
26th April 2008, 08:14 PM
Thought I might share what's been happening to me lately regarding a 2nd girl who lives about 30 minutes away from me who incidently found me through Myspace.

About a month ago, she found me & immediately began with the PM's (wanting to know absolutely everything about me). Now to me, she's just a Myspace "Friend". But these constant questions just don't seem to be stopping. She wants to know absolutely everything about me. What I look like? What I do with myself? Do I have a G/F, Wife, Kids? What did I do with my day? Honestly, it's just so bloody annoying. Why should I tell her all this stuff?

I believe I've figured out just why she wants to know all this stuff about me - She must like me. But the thing is, I don't like her in that way at all. The thing is... I haven't got it in me to tell her that she's being so bloody intrusive on my personal life. Due to the fact that she lives so close, I have a feeling that eventually she's gonna want to meet up in the real world. Honestly, I have no desire to meet her at all. All she knows about me is what I've got in my profile combined with brief bits & pieces that I reveal in answering her PM's.

How do I get out of this weird Myspace Relationship? Even though I've got no actual pics of me on my profile, Why would she be that into me? I'm not interested in her even one iota. I don't know where this thing with her is gonna go but I'm afraid that she's getting mixed signals.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing before?

Bloody Hell, there are some people here who are (at the moment) sick of girls while I'm basically beating one of them off with a stick. :D

kup
26th April 2008, 08:23 PM
Thought I might share what's been happening to me lately regarding a 2nd girl who lives about 30 minutes away from me who incidently found me through Myspace.

About a month ago, she found me & immediately began with the PM's (wanting to know absolutely everything about me). Now to me, she's just a Myspace "Friend". But these constant questions just don't seem to be stopping. She wants to know absolutely everything about me. What I look like? What I do with myself? Do I have a G/F, Wife, Kids? What did I do with my day? Honestly, it's just so bloody annoying. Why should I tell her all this stuff?

I believe I've figured out just why she wants to know all this stuff about me - She must like me. But the thing is, I don't like her in that way at all. The thing is... I haven't got it in me to tell her that she's being so bloody intrusive on my personal life. Due to the fact that she lives so close, I have a feeling that eventually she's gonna want to meet up in the real world. Honestly, I have no desire to meet her at all. All she knows about me is what I've got in my profile combined with brief bits & pieces that I reveal in answering her PM's.

How do I get out of this weird Myspace Relationship? Even though I've got no actual pics of me on my profile, Why would she be that into me? I'm not interested in her even one iota. I don't know where this thing with her is gonna go but I'm afraid that she's getting mixed signals.

Bloody Hell, there are some people here who are (at the moment) sick of girls while I'm basically beating one of them off with a stick. :D

If you never met her how can she be so infatuated with you? I don't understand.

Anyway the best thing to do would be lay her off gently. Just politely tell her that you don't have the time to constantly be answering her messages. If she continues do so again and then ignore any of the following messages.

Eventually she will get bored of the lack of attention and move on.

TheDirtyDigger
26th April 2008, 08:51 PM

It's really me. :o *waves girly like*

Pulse
26th April 2008, 10:45 PM
If you never met her how can she be so infatuated with you? I don't understand.

Anyway the best thing to do would be lay her off gently. Just politely tell her that you don't have the time to constantly be answering her messages. If she continues do so again and then ignore any of the following messages.

Eventually she will get bored of the lack of attention and move on.

In order to try to throw her off my trail, I've been talking about things that I know she won't be interested in (eg. TF's & Ironman). Nothing's worked so far... :rolleyes:

It's really me. :o *waves girly like*

Oh Sh#t! :eek:

If you guys don't believe that she's real, PM me & I'll give you her Myspace Page :D. But don't ask me for S's page, I'm having way too much fun with that whole thing :).

roller
27th April 2008, 11:21 AM
i have had 2 crazy girls like that

1 lived 5 doors up, every day she'd bug me with stupid questions or talk nonsense.

she got a mutual friend to come round one day and tell me that she liked me.

To get rid of her i just kept talking about tfs and other stuff i like, it took months but she finally got the hint. Try and push political or environmental views, thats always a turn off

Kyle
27th April 2008, 11:33 AM
In order to try to throw her off my trail, I've been talking about things that I know she won't be interested in (eg. TF's & Ironman). Nothing's worked so far... :rolleyes:

To get rid of her i just kept talking about tfs and other stuff i like, it took months but she finally got the hint. Try and push political or environmental views, thats always a turn off

TF is a repellent not potent enough?!?! Amazing... :eek:

I don't even have to mention TF, and girls keep their distance form me. :D

turtle boy
27th April 2008, 11:54 AM
You would be surprised. Out hunting one Saturday, and came across a Ultimate Bumble Bee... (still meny there if any one wants one) I told a mate how crappy they were supposed to be, just the mention of the name Bumble Bee brings all kinds of crazy girls around.... This was one instance where i was looking for a movie 08 deluxe Bumbles, asking some guy who worked in the target if he had seen any floating around... he told me all there was was the Ultimate.. Then some i dunno like 16 year old says I have all the BB toys... i said.... oh yes. have you got a barricade as well, i'm actually looking for him atm.. What she said next was the final straw. "is that the cop car one? no i only like bumble bee. i asked if she even knew who the others were, she said yes. theres the truck one.. prime something... Eh.. it's almost gotten to mainstream for me.. *walks off in disgust*

kup
27th April 2008, 11:57 AM

Oh Sh#t! :eek:

If you guys don't believe that she's real, PM me & I'll give you her Myspace Page :D. But don't ask me for S's page, I'm having way too much fun with that whole thing :).

If she is that infatuated with you, she will talk about anything with you even if she has no interest in it. I have seen it before, they 'adapt' to your likes and dislikes but do not personally share them they just pretend. These sort of relationships usually end up the worse so its best just not to engage her in any sort of conversation at all. Just provide a brief but definite response that you are not interested and that's it.

Kyle
27th April 2008, 12:07 PM
*walks off in disgust*

I'd do the same. :D

I have seen it before, they 'adapt' to your likes and dislikes but do not personally share them they just pretend.

That's pretty scary... :o

Borgeman
27th April 2008, 12:10 PM
5 bucks says its a man

George

Pulse
27th April 2008, 01:33 PM
I know you guys don't believe me so here's her Myspace page as proof: www.myspace.com/beckbrah1985

Please don't get in contact with her (I'm not interested in her at all - S is the girl who I'm much more into at the moment :))

TheDirtyDigger
27th April 2008, 01:41 PM
If she is that infatuated with you, she will talk about anything with you even if she has no interest in it. I have seen it before, they 'adapt' to your likes and dislikes but do not personally share them they just pretend. These sort of relationships usually end up the worse so its best just not to engage her in any sort of conversation at all. Just provide a brief but definite response that you are not interested and that's it.

The sales guy at work is like that. Barely even human. Just tries to find common ground with anyone he talks to and if you mention anything at all he will have a story about it.

I just treat him with absolute utter contempt and he keeps crying to the big boss about it. If he had more testicular fortitude to actually confront me on why I harbour such negativity about him I might actually show more respect.

I said 'might'.

Pulse if that chick is real then I'm gunna pretend I'm you and hook up with her.
It will be a great 'Con'.;)

Pulse
27th April 2008, 01:48 PM
Pulse if that chick is real then I'm gunna pretend I'm you and hook up with her.
It will be a great 'Con'.;)

NO!!!!!!!!!!! She'll think I'm a real tool for revealing private info about her. But I don't have the "testicular fortitude" to let her know that this thing isn't gonna go anywhere. :)

Oh, it sure is fun playing with girl's heads & leading them on a dead-end path... :D

jaydisc
27th April 2008, 10:26 PM
I know you guys don't believe me so here's her Myspace page as proof: www.myspace.com/beckbrah1985

Please don't get in contact with her (I'm not interested in her at all - S is the girl who I'm much more into at the moment :))

:D :D :D

My favorite bit from her page:

Mood: horny http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/moods/iBrads/horny.gif

Borgeman
28th April 2008, 12:14 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!! She'll think I'm a real tool for revealing private info about her.

but would that mean she becomes annoyed/angry at you and lost interest in you, meaning she will stop bugging you? :rolleyes:

George

kup
28th April 2008, 12:18 AM
but would that mean she becomes annoyed/angry at you and lost interest in you, meaning she will stop bugging you? :rolleyes:

George

...Or she will start bugging us!!! :p:D

Borgeman
28th April 2008, 12:29 AM
...Or she will start bugging us!!! :p:D

yes, but there are enough of us to scare her off :cool:

George

Rampage
28th April 2008, 12:54 AM
same school as Pulse
same city as Pulse
similar age to Pulse

uh oh.......

deletes myspace account :p

Kyle
28th April 2008, 08:46 AM
Love your new sig kup :p

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x181/Chrischzz/grimley.jpg

:D

iceburn
28th April 2008, 08:58 AM

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x181/Chrischzz/grimley.jpg

Loving yours too Kyle!! *haha*

kup
28th April 2008, 11:52 AM

Yeah I took it from a pic of someone ridiculing the MP Grimlock rumor a couple of weeks ago on another forum. I thought that it had a huge ROFL value so I nicked it for my sig.

Pulse
28th April 2008, 02:22 PM
I know you guys are cracking up to yourselves over this but to me - it's a really weird feeling! I mean, It's one thing when girls prank call your home phone (I am 100% certain that Lisa was doing this after we had one of our fights) but having a girl stalk you online is another thing altogether. In a way, I'm thinking about closing down my Myspace account but I really don't wanna do that cos I'll lose contact with S (I'm not giving you her real name). What is a stud to do? :D

Why is it that we luv the chase but we hate being chased?

TheDirtyDigger
28th April 2008, 02:50 PM
I know you guys are cracking up to yourselves over this but to me - it's a really weird feeling! I mean, It's one thing when girls prank call your home phone (I am 100% certain that Lisa was doing this after we had one of our fights) but having a girl stalk you online is another thing altogether. In a way, I'm thinking about closing down my Myspace account but I really don't wanna do that cos I'll lose contact with S (I'm not giving you her real name). What is a stud to do? :D

My money is on it being a 54 year old balding, obese male living in his parent's basement and suffering from halitosis and scabies.;)

Hereticpoo
28th April 2008, 04:36 PM
If they didn't have the 'bits' they have, you'd throw rocks at 'em. ;)

Burn
28th April 2008, 04:50 PM

Poor you. :p

A workmate was telling me the troubles her 19 year old son was having. Turns out he's being chased by TWO 25 year old blonde female teachers.

His life is so difficult. :(

His mother understands his pain though because at 25 they'll be looking to settle down and have kids. (Yes, she's that narrow minded)

Pulse
28th April 2008, 05:05 PM
A workmate was telling me the troubles her 19 year old son was having. Turns out he's being chased by TWO 25 year old blonde female teachers.

His life is so difficult. :(

I wish that would have happened to me when I was in Highschool... ;)

goro
28th April 2008, 05:08 PM
had the same bloody thing happen to me a few months ago...

kup
28th April 2008, 05:09 PM
I wish that would have happened to me when I was in Highschool... ;)

Trust me, you don't want that, I know from personal experience and its only trouble.

Pulse
28th April 2008, 05:40 PM
Trust me, you don't want that, I know from personal experience and its only trouble.

During my 6-odd years of casual Primary School Teaching (I've quit primary teaching now - Those kids are freakin nuts!), I found myself at a local school one day & at the end of lunch assembly where all the classes meet in the quad, A Year Six girl walked right up to me, asked me for my first name & wanted to swap mobile numbers with me!!! :eek:

My exact words to her were "Grow Up" & only then did she get the message. I've tackled all kinds of terror children over the years as a primary school teacher (that's why I'm now an ESL Teacher) but that episode was the most disturbing thing EVER. That's why I can still remember it as clearly today as I did the day after it happened.

Kyle
28th April 2008, 05:45 PM
I wish I'm as smooth as my cousin... who used to pick up year 11/12 chicks when he was in year 8... :eek::p

Funny as hell when they found out (much) later... :D:o