PDA

View Full Version : Prime's got 2 left feet, Sunspot's got 2 left arms

Ark-Ivor
29th December 2010, 10:44 AM
Does anyone out there have a Buster Optimus Prime with 2 right feet (the truck grill side without the Autobot Logo on it)? If so wanna trade spare feet?

Does anyone out there have a Sunspot with 2 right arms? If so wanna trade spare arms?

As some of you may know I've been struggling financially for a year and a half (missed out on getting most TFs in the last 2 years) but I splurged on four $12 Deluxe ROTFs from Big W and a Jet Power Optimus Prime 2-Pack from Kmart when they came on sale all put on LayBuy until Christmas.

That said picture this:

Opening your presents Christmas morning, you got a Leader 2-pack Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire (it took you six months to pay off the LayBuy), you transform Optimus only to find that he's got 2 left feet and thus can not be transformed! There's no point in trying to return it to Kmart as you know they've been sold out since August darn 'n' blast it all.

A little later you go to Xmas dinner at your Grandparents and wonder of wonders they don't give you socks, but a Scout Sunspot (you would have preferred a Skystalker but what the heck), yah! You open it then and there, only to discover this figures got 2 left arms and again can't be transformed. Not too worried as it may be able to be returned, they'd only spent $8 on it in Kmart just three days previous so there might be more stock. But they of course didn't keep the receipt and searching the trash can was fruitless since it was emptied 2 days previous. I'm going to try to replace it without a receipt but Kmart is just about the worst place for customer service - especially without a receipt.

Out of six boxes of Transformers I received this Christmas two were faulty to the point that they couldn't be transformed :(.

Anyone else think quality control needs to be stepped up in Hasbro/Tak-Tom's assembly line?

Demonac
29th December 2010, 11:15 AM
Buy another Sunspot, then return the faulty one on the new receipt.

kurdt_the_goat
29th December 2010, 01:18 PM
Call around K-marts, i'm sure i've seen that 2 pack recently... there's no way you should be putting up with those figs.

griffin
29th December 2010, 01:43 PM
There have been a few of those Leader 2-packs up here in Kmarts too, although the Christmas sales and it going on Clearance recently is making them rarer, so ring around Kmarts quickly to see if any are left.

If none around Perth still have any, you could see if someone in another state can get one for you, and do an exchange of feet by post (and the other person would do the exchange of faulty toy for you).

And if that isn't possible, ring up Hasbro Customer Service and tell them to send you a replacement part.

Actually, I'd complain to Hasbro anyway, and offer to show them photographic proof, and see how they respond.

Paul Agnew
29th December 2010, 07:14 PM
And if that isn't possible, ring up Hasbro Customer Service and tell them to send you a replacement part.

Already tried when I recieved a Movie Barricade with 2 left feet. Apparently they don't issue replacement parts.

Gutsman Heavy
30th December 2010, 01:18 AM
Same with my classics Prime that had two left hands.

Ark-Ivor
30th December 2010, 05:14 PM
Buy another Sunspot, then return the faulty one on the new receipt.

Took your advice and damn Kmart wouldn't give me a refund, just a store credit, still, now I've got a Hubcap as well. :)

Thanks.

They (Kmart) checked their database for WA and informed me that there weren't any Jet Power Optimus Prime 2-packs left in WA stores - I didn't trust their database so I phoned round the ones within my range and they don't have any either.

I'm fairly confident that Hasbro won't provide replacement parts (neither they nor Kenner have since they replaced Milton Bradley's distribution network with their own). Could you give me the contact info for Hasbro Australia Griffin? My info's about eight years out of date and I don't have the time to search it out for myself.

If anyone can offer to buy a 2-pack for me, exchange the feet and return it for a refund (store credit), I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

griffin
30th December 2010, 10:12 PM
Hasbro contact details (http://www.hasbro.com/en_AU/customer-service/):

1-300-138-697

Monday to Thursday - 9am to 5pm
Fridays – 8.30am to 12pm

I could probably help you out with the Optimus, if I can find another one. The Kmart near me sold out last week, so I'll need to check the one on the way to work.

Ark-Ivor
31st December 2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks Griffin, I'll call them on Wednesday.

Keeping my fingers crossed that there's one left somewhere.

I managed to easily pop the whole foot off from the ankle socket (I'm assuming that the actual feet are different too, and not just the grill), I've got a padded envelope ready and waiting for address should your quest be successful :)

Ark-Ivor
4th January 2011, 11:48 PM
No luck, there are no Prime/Jetfire 2-packs left on shelf between Bunbury and Joondalup.

No joy with Hasbro either, they've taken note of my grievance, it saddens them that I was unable to purchase the set in perfect condition, but it's not their responsibility to supply replacement parts, it's the assembly factories, and they very politely refused to provide contact details for their assembly factory for security reasons - talk about customer care...

Can anyone interstate offer me an exchange foot from anywhere outside of WA?

Thanks in advance...

kurdt_the_goat
5th January 2011, 01:36 PM
Can you take a photo of the 2 feet so it clearly shows which one you require?
I'll have a talk to my wife tonight and we'll try emailing Takara Tomy with the pic to see if they can replace it.

Ark-Ivor
6th January 2011, 12:44 PM
Pics of Prime's Left Feet - as you can see the one I'm looking for is metallic-silver painted with a chromed grill which has no Autobot Badge on it.

Thanks for the assist

http://kiddywinktoys.com/Primesleftfeet-01.jpghttp://kiddywinktoys.com/Primesleftfeet-02.jpg

kurdt_the_goat
7th January 2011, 01:26 AM
It was a bit of a struggle thanks to a very annoying form design, but we managed to submit a query to TT, albeit without the photo at the moment - hopefully they'll email us and we can describe in more detail exactly what the situation is!

kurdt_the_goat
8th January 2011, 12:41 AM
We got a reply but it's not exactly encouraging - despite telling them we/you have already contacted Hasbro AU, they told us.... to contact Hasbro AU :(

We sent a reply further clarifying, but i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ark-Ivor
8th January 2011, 01:24 AM
It was a bit of a struggle thanks to a very annoying form design, but we managed to submit a query to TT, albeit without the photo at the moment - hopefully they'll email us and we can describe in more detail exactly what the situation is!

Thanks :) Hopefully Tak/Tom is a bit more customer friendly than Hasbro. I asked my contact at Tak/Tom if he could help me out, but he's in design and not having anything to do with customer relations or manufacture couldn't suggest another option just recommended I take it back to the store to get it replaced, not very helpful - On top of that he couldn't show me the pics he has for the TF-Prime toys due to Hasbro's new no-spoilers rule, he did hint at a couple of unexpected characters though.

griffin
8th January 2011, 03:33 PM
I finally found a Kmart here that still had them, so bought one if you need it (to swap the feet over).

Ark-Ivor
8th January 2011, 06:46 PM
I finally found a Kmart here that still had them, so bought one if you need it (to swap the feet over).

Thanks Griffin :D PM me an address to send the offending foot and a stamped-self-addressed-padded-envelope to and I'll post it Monday afternoon, expect a #0 padded envelope before Friday :). I hope you didn't go too far out of your way to get it for me.

Thanks to you too Kurt, please thank your wife for me. I guess customer service is just the same the world over then.

JuzMel
13th January 2011, 09:55 AM
Ahhh glad Griffin managed to find a set for you. Otherwise there's 3 more sets here at Burwood Kmart in VIC.

Ark-Ivor
13th January 2011, 02:09 PM
Ahhh glad Griffin managed to find a set for you. Otherwise there's 3 more sets here at Burwood Kmart in VIC.

Thanks for looking :)

I've sent the offending foot to Griffin for replacement, just hope he hasn't been flooded out... :eek: