PDA

View Full Version : BigW no longer giving fuel discounts

griffin
31st December 2010, 12:41 PM
Okay, they stopped it back in September, but after a few failed attempts at getting a fuel discount with my everyday rewards card this month, I rang up to find out that you can only get fuel discounts from Woolworths now.

I guess after Kmart stopped giving the fuel discounts with their $30+ purchases, BigW didn't see the need to if there was no competition.

(I don't often buy more than $30 worth of groceries at Woolworths, so my TFs purchases from BigW usually gives me the fuel discounts on my ER card... Imagine my frustration of having it rejected at a Caltex, without any advance notification)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
31st December 2010, 06:20 PM
Okay, they stopped it back in September, but after a few failed attempts at getting a fuel discount with my everyday rewards card this month, I rang up to find out that you can only get fuel discounts from Woolworths now.

I guess after Kmart stopped giving the fuel discounts with their $30+ purchases, BigW didn't see the need to if there was no competition.

(I don't often buy more than $30 worth of groceries at Woolworths, so my TFs purchases from BigW usually gives me the fuel discounts on my ER card... Imagine my frustration of having it rejected at a Caltex, without any advance notification)

heya griff.
Fuel discount actually stopped in WA and SA first as a trial more than 6 months ago. However i cannot comment on why it was dropped

KaRNiV8L PRiME
31st December 2010, 09:04 PM
sign on noticeboard at service desk