PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what this is? Seller says DOTM

KaRNiV8L PRiME
5th January 2011, 12:32 PM

Got an email from the ebay seller of DOTM Megatron and he says it is "NEW" DOTM Starscream. I'm not sure but it looks deluxe size.

Is this guy FOS or do you think he really has all these unreleased figures

swoop
5th January 2011, 12:49 PM
Well if he is offering to sell it to you and if he has it in hand ask him for a photo of it transformer, even partially just so you know he has it.

As for it being starscream who could say with any certainty that it is or isn't at the moment. but it does look like his jet mode especially at the tail.

Personally I'd just wait for the store release its not that far away. But if you don't want to wait pay by paypal just to cover yourself.

griffin
5th January 2011, 02:02 PM
(moved to the movie section - if anything is likely to be movie related, it should be posted in here)

Also, posting about purchasing or intending to purchase stolen goods is not permitted. If you want to show off an unreleased item, or something that is likely to be an unreleased item from an unauthorised source, don't publicly admit to how you acquired it.

GoktimusPrime
5th January 2011, 02:39 PM
As for it being starscream who could say with any certainty that it is or isn't at the moment. but it does look like his jet mode especially at the tail.

Personally I'd just wait for the store release its not that far away.

+1. I'm just gonna buy my DotM TFs the same way I usually buy my TFs... from the shop! That way you know it's nice and legit. :) If you don't want to wait for the local release, then at least wait for it to come out overseas first so you know what it should look like. This toy doesn't even look like it's in loose mint condition -- there appears to be a part missing, and some kind of weapon that's bent. I'd much rather get the toy MISB - or if it's loose it had better be cheap... and if it's missing something or something's damaged, then it had better me damn cheap.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
5th January 2011, 02:49 PM
+1. I'm just gonna buy my DotM TFs the same way I usually buy my TFs... from the shop! That way you know it's nice and legit. :) If you don't want to wait for the local release, then at least wait for it to come out overseas first so you know what it should look like. This toy doesn't even look like it's in loose mint condition -- there appears to be a part missing, and some kind of weapon that's bent. I'd much rather get the toy MISB - or if it's loose it had better be cheap... and if it's missing something or something's damaged, then it had better me damn cheap.

Guys. Calm down. The only reason I stated the thread was to get peoples opinion on the figure. If I was able to aquire one early, it would only be to review the figure for everyones benefit and give everyone an early look. It would not be part of my "collection" and I still would purchase a released version.

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2011, 09:52 AM
While I can appreciate the desire to review the figure early for our benefit, if you purchase possibly stolen figures then you may be supporting thieves (I imagine that they wouldn't steal toys to sell them if people didn't buy them). I personally don't even look at reviews of toys that are out prematurely (i.e. probably reviewing figures stolen from factories). Another more ethical option would be simply to import a figure when it's released in North America and review that. Also, as griffin already said, reviews of stolen items is not permitted here anyway.

It's entirely up to you if you want to purchase this toy for yourself though (I personally wouldn't).

SkyWarp91
7th January 2011, 10:21 AM
Looks like a new figure, but probably mistransformed or the seller just took a photo of the undercarriage, not the top of the plane.

Vector Prime
7th January 2011, 10:52 AM
I personally wouldn't even consider purchasing a loose pre-released item, let alone one where I have no idea what (or who) it's meant to be.

We all know that even packaged items have dodgy quality, so what's to say that a loose item has even passed their 'stringent quality controls'? :p

It could just be a generic 'transforming' toy or a KO of something else for all we know ~ save your money and wait I reckon.

Seraphim Prime
12th January 2011, 02:19 PM
Definately looks like a deluxe, which would fit with what we've just seen in the Japanese figure listing.

Be interested to see how it transforms.