PDA

View Full Version : Minifigures series 3 out this month

griffin
8th January 2011, 04:15 PM
Since I know there is interest in the Minifigures range, I saw in the Toyworld catalogue today that the 3rd Series will be released (there) on January 24th, for $5 each.

Sleeve
8th January 2011, 10:52 PM
Are we talking Mr. Toys Toyworld? If so, hot damn!

Sharky
8th January 2011, 11:15 PM
$5 a figure is a tad on the pricey side...but good to know they are on the way

griffin
9th January 2011, 12:01 AM
They will be in other places, probably at varying prices - I just listed the price quoted in the catalogue for reference.

shokwave2
9th January 2011, 09:02 AM
$5 is jut crazy IMO. I was paying $3 for Series 1, then Series 2 went up to $4. So are we expecting a cost rise per series? I won't pay anymore than $4. I'd rather buy them off eBay in bulk or as a complete opened set. Yes the thrill of the hunt is gone, but at least you know you wouldn't be wasting money getting doubles/triples.

Golden Phoenix
9th January 2011, 10:17 AM
Target has series 2 at like $3.5-$4
TRU had them for $2.99 for both series. Hopefully they won't up them in price

shokwave2
9th January 2011, 02:21 PM
Target has series 2 at like $3.5-$4
TRU had them for $2.99 for both series. Hopefully they won't up them in price

My local TRU is the only place where i could find them. And they jacked the price as they sold it.

Sam
9th January 2011, 06:55 PM
I heard that from this wave onwards, there won't be any more of those identifying barcodes on the back. Does anyone know if there are other ways to ID the figures before the package is opened?

Sharky
10th January 2011, 06:59 AM
I heard that from this wave onwards, there won't be any more of those identifying barcodes on the back. Does anyone know if there are other ways to ID the figures before the package is opened?

According to Zippo the ones he had are European packaging, no barcode and no bumps/dots to tell whats in the package without feeling out parts.

so i guess it is the hard way

Stompy
12th January 2011, 06:57 PM
Spotted 8 boxes of these at Target. $4.90 each! I grabbed 4 packs and happy to report that the dots are on the back bottom pf the pack. They are just tiny little blister like circles and can be hard to see but they are there.

Brothers Brick had a guide on what's what:
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/11/19/hot-to-identify-series-3-collectible-minifigures-by-dots-on-the-bag/

It can be hard to see sometimes so best to feel for particular unique parts for the particular fig you want. Brothers Brick also has a guide on what parts will feel unique in the bags:
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/11/19/how-to-identify-series-3-collectible-minifigs-by-touch-through-the-bag/

Happy hunting!

i_amtrunks
12th January 2011, 08:38 PM
My local TRU is the only place where i could find them. And they jacked the price as they sold it.

Penrith TRU did the same.

And there were different marked prices in different Target stores, but I think that might have been due to a lego sale on at the time...

Draksprime
13th January 2011, 01:08 PM
Melbourne Target just got in around 15 boxes. There where people everywhere going through them looking at the dots.

Golden Phoenix
13th January 2011, 02:02 PM
Son of a.......
Why are they so much now??

I am tempted to buy them online. Probably end up either cheaper or the same and I wouldn't have to worry about sitting in a store feeling up plastic packs.
Found some on Bricklink that worked out to be $2.13 each before postage if I bought a case

Draksprime
13th January 2011, 02:13 PM
Targets price of $4.90 is a bit steep but if you get the one your after its not too bad.

If I had to pay that for 2 tennis players wouldn't be happy thats for sure.:mad:

kaiden
13th January 2011, 02:56 PM
Son of a.......
Why are they so much now??

I am tempted to buy them online. Probably end up either cheaper or the same and I wouldn't have to worry about sitting in a store feeling up plastic packs.
Found some on Bricklink that worked out to be $2.13 each before postage if I bought a case

which one are you thinking of buying from?

Golden Phoenix
13th January 2011, 05:17 PM
Don't know. There are a few at about that price, before postage.
I think It would boil down to which has the best postage

i_amtrunks
13th January 2011, 05:43 PM
$5 is far too much for a blind packed figure.

So bricklink/ebay here I come!

Lint
13th January 2011, 07:52 PM
Saw six untouched boxes of these today. Didn't touch them (well I did, but I didn't buy :p), these prices are an insult. I'll be going to bricklink too

Jaisun
1st February 2011, 09:32 AM
Spotted 8 boxes of these at Target. $4.90 each! I grabbed 4 packs and happy to report that the dots are on the back bottom pf the pack. They are just tiny little blister like circles and can be hard to see but they are there.

Brothers Brick had a guide on what's what:
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/11/19/hot-to-identify-series-3-collectible-minifigures-by-dots-on-the-bag/

It can be hard to see sometimes so best to feel for particular unique parts for the particular fig you want. Brothers Brick also has a guide on what parts will feel unique in the bags:
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/11/19/how-to-identify-series-3-collectible-minifigs-by-touch-through-the-bag/

Happy hunting!

Is there a different system between EUR/US again? Because I went through about 10 packs at target with this coding, and none matched up at all =o( Tried a little bit of feeling, but it was busy and people were looking at me like a I had a wookie suit on, so I just a few that felt different enough to be sure I didn't double up.

Re: Pricing. Yes, it's insane, but I'm just getting them while they are $3.90 at Target during the sale, but for future series, I'll be ordering a set online. The growing price kills the fun. If they were like $2.50-$3.00, I would gladly grab 20 or so packs and pot-luck it, then just feel out the last couple when my set is near finished, but at the prices they ask, the last thing we want is $5 double ups -.-

jaydisc
1st February 2011, 10:27 PM
I just bought about 40 random packs, did the dot searching & feeling at home, and returned the remnants.

Golden Phoenix
2nd February 2011, 06:12 PM
I just bought about 40 random packs, did the dot searching & feeling at home, and returned the remnants.

Well aren't you a clever cookie.

sydney2000
19th February 2011, 01:46 PM
Myer Sydney CBD have two boxes of Series 3 minifigures at 4.95 each. Big W Campsie have a box of Series 3 at 4.73 each. No signs at TRU, Kmart or Target.