PDA

View Full Version : KO Shattered Glass Botcon Optimus Prime

Vector Prime
13th January 2011, 09:19 PM
They just keep coming don't they! :mad:

Joining the recent Hologram Mirage knock-off, it seems Botcon toy knock-offs will continue to flood auction sites everywhere. KO Toys has revealed their latest KOLD knock-off from the Classics Voyager Optimus Prime mold. Joining the former Crystal, Nemesis, and Black Convoy bootlegs, we now have a Shattered Glass Optimus to look at, complete with purple Autobot sigils, and "till all are gone" tampographs. Keep in mind that these are knockoffs in no way endorsed by Hasbro/Takara-Tomy and as such are not subjected to their same tolerances of manufacturing.

As reported at TFW2005 with pics (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/buyers-beware-kold-knock-off-shattered-glass-optimus-prime-171261/)

I was hoping to one day get a SG Prime once their pricing subsided a bit (I wish), but now I can pretty much cross that off the list for fear of picking up a KO. :(

kaiden
13th January 2011, 09:25 PM
whoa i can guess the next thing - KO SG Rodimus!

I did want to collect the Shattered Glass line sometime though but the prices keep going up don't they?

KillinSpoon
13th January 2011, 09:26 PM
From the pictures however, this SG has a blue stripe on the wind vane.
Doesn't the legit one have nothing/silver?

1AZRAEL1
13th January 2011, 09:53 PM
It's pretty different from the original, so that's good at least.

Vector Prime
13th January 2011, 09:58 PM
From the pictures however, this SG has a blue stripe on the wind vane.
Doesn't the legit one have nothing/silver?

Yeah the legit one (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/27/Optimusprimesgtoy.jpg) doesn't have the stripe.

It's pretty different from the original, so that's good at least.

It's pretty close to the original (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/27/Optimusprimesgtoy.jpg) IMO.

The KO one shown is only a pre-production sample, so they're still probably going to tweak the colours a bit more.

1AZRAEL1
13th January 2011, 10:06 PM
Hope not, I always wanted that set, but it demands too high a price. And with a KO on the market, I am wary in going for it.

kup
13th January 2011, 10:58 PM
Something tells me that it will look different or at least, will be easy to identify. The danger is if it reaches the same quality as the exclusive Henkei seeker KOs including the packaging.

I can also see how KOs of shattered glass figures would be extremely tempting due to the prices the legit figures command. If the KO sells well, it will inevitably return to the market in greater numbers for several years polluting it.

mentok27
15th January 2011, 12:24 AM
im all for these KO's.

If they were reproductions of current "instock" hasbro/takara products id rather give my money to the peeps at said companies for all there great work recently....... but these KO's are of exclusive figs that fetch stupid prices at aftermarket resale and said stupid prices do not benifit the toys original manufacturers.

sure they'e not "real" but i would never fork out for the real versions at even 50% of current prices. Plus with the upcoming KO "diaclone" Blue prime and show only seeker repaints the guys at KO are moving onto "exculsive" repaints which is pure win.

Still dodgy buisness but my view if its not something hasbro/takara are doing already then the KO guys arent stealing sales.... just molds.