PDA

View Full Version : TF comics and books sightings

Paulbot
20th April 2008, 04:39 PM
At a Dymocks store today I saw the Titan UK comic collections Target 2006 and Fallen Angel for just $20 each.

I don't know if it was just this store or if others have them too, but this is a very cheap price for these books. They are larger dimensioned than regular comic book trade paperbacks. IDW recently reprinted Target 2006 in a squashed size and skipped the stories in Fallen Angel because they contain Marvel-owned characters.

Pulse
20th April 2008, 04:46 PM
At a Dymocks store today I saw the Titan UK comic collections Target 2006 and Fallen Angel for just $20 each.

I don't know if it was just this store or if others have them too, but this is a very cheap price for these books. They are larger dimensioned than regular comic book trade paperbacks. IDW recently reprinted Target 2006 in a squashed size and skipped the stories in Fallen Angel because they contain Marvel-owned characters.

Yeah, I've been seeing those for a while now too. I haven't even bothered checking the price. :rolleyes:

Update, My local Dymocks has them priced for $19.95 each.

SilverDragon
22nd June 2008, 10:09 PM
Kinokyhoweveryouspellit in Sydney has the second volume of the Animated paperbacks.

Galaxy books, which is not too far away, has both vol. 1 and 2, as well as loads of the other comics (BW: The Ascending, Hearts of Steel, Target 2006, Best of: Dinobots, etc).

SilverDragon
31st August 2008, 09:44 PM
Oh, and Kings Comics has the latest issues of the various current series (All Hail Megatron, TFA: The Arrival, etc.) and several paperbacks including the BW Source Book, Target: 2006, and the Best of UK: Dinobots.

(apologies for the double post, but I doubted anyone was going to post another soon)

liegeprime
1st September 2008, 12:04 AM
Kinokyhoweveryouspellit in Sydney has the second volume of the Animated paperbacks.

Galaxy books, which is not too far away, has both vol. 1 and 2, as well as loads of the other comics (BW: The Ascending, Hearts of Steel, Target 2006, Best of: Dinobots, etc).

Kinokuniya :D:D. Where is Galaxy books located? Do they have by any chance the last part issue of Devastation... if you happen to notice. I really don't wanna pick up the TPB version coz Im only missing the last issue of the series.

i_amtrunks
1st September 2008, 10:25 AM
Kinokuniya have had zip all of late concerning the Transformers Trades. B Borders are often a good place to look for the trades,a bout 2 weeks after their actual release date, but they charge a good 20% extra compared to PhantomZone or Galaxy World.

roller
1st September 2008, 10:27 AM
Galaxy is on the other side of the QVB, the side that town hall is on, opposite all those bus stations and the one way street side of QVB

liegeprime
1st September 2008, 12:59 PM
thanks roller, might take a "sightseeing tour" one of these upcoming day offs, just for the sake of looking like a generic geeky Asian tourist :D in Sydney.

Lithium
11th September 2008, 04:24 PM
Quality Comics in Perth city has a little section specifically for Transformers comics. And you can even order a subscription for the comics they sell. You just need to pay in advance. Postage is $3 and then you just add up the price of the number of issues you want sent to you. I've currently setup a subscription with them for the Transformers: Animated comics. :D Saves me having to go into the city when all I'd be going there for is to buy the TFA comic. *Shrugs* :) They've got a great selection of other comics aswell. I thoroughly suggest you pay them a visit. The staff are very friendly and are always more than happy to answer any questions you have to ask. Sorry if this sounds like spam but it's one of my favourite shops in the city.

roller
11th September 2008, 05:38 PM
we recently had a meet up in Comic Zone, we got our tf comics autographed.

I dont like Quality Comics

Lithium
11th September 2008, 05:40 PM
Where's Comic Zone?

roller
11th September 2008, 05:40 PM
up Hay Street

Lithium
11th September 2008, 05:42 PM
I gotta try to remember to go there next time I'm in the city. I might even go there this coming week. Here's hoping the weather will be brighter by then. :)

roller
11th September 2008, 05:50 PM
Ive never compared prices on the 3 places in Perth i know that sell comics, probably all the same price.

I should probably go sometime this week, i want to complete my Reign of Starscream comics, Animated

Lithium
11th September 2008, 05:57 PM
Maybe we can meetup? I might be able to make it this coming Monday if you wanna meetup at QC or CZ.

Autocon
12th September 2008, 06:29 PM
go roller go roller....:p

Lithium
18th September 2008, 10:52 AM
I know this is mainly for books and comics but I should tell you guyz that I've seen Season 1 of Transformers: Animated at Empire Toys in Perth. Mind you, I also saw a book about transformers while I was there but I can't remember where in the shop I saw it.

Pulse
18th September 2008, 12:52 PM
I know this is mainly for books and comics but I should tell you guyz that I've seen Season 1 of Transformers: Animated at Empire Toys in Perth.

I also spotted that "Blast from the Past" Animated DVD in a local JB Hifi today but I didn't even bother checking the price... :)

Lithium
18th September 2008, 01:20 PM
Is that like only one episode? What a rip! You're better off getting the whole season really.

i_amtrunks
18th September 2008, 01:24 PM
Is that like only one episode? What a rip! You're better off getting the whole season really.

It was $17 at JB Rouse Hill, and contains 3 episodes.

Lithium
18th September 2008, 01:30 PM
That's still a rip off imo. And a waste of time. The only thing is if any of you guyz go down to get the TFA season 1 from Empire Toys, be aware that it'll only play on DVDs that support American format DVDs. Some DVD players don't support that so keep that it mind.

Paulbot
18th September 2008, 01:56 PM
is it only 3 episodes? I saw it as JB today too. I didn't read the description but the running time was 90 minutes which would be about 4 episodes?

i_amtrunks
18th September 2008, 02:41 PM
is it only 3 episodes? I saw it as JB today too. I didn't read the description but the running time was 90 minutes which would be about 4 episodes?

Right you are Paulbot:
ezydvd link (http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/801181).

Home is Where the Spark Is
Total Meltdown
Blast from the Past
The Thrill of the Hunt

Thought I read 60 minutes on the run time. oops! :eek: