PDA

View Full Version : New Pics of DOTM Voyager Toys

KaRNiV8L PRiME
16th January 2011, 09:15 AM
Courtesy of ACToys.

I'm really not interested in the mechtech gimmicks however for some reason my first thought was that maybe these weapons would/could combine into "the ark" like other hasbro BAF's

OP and Megs look great together

Personally the only gimmick that transformers should have, is that they "Transform."

I want to see a pic of OP Trailer voyager/leader

Vector Prime
16th January 2011, 09:23 AM
I wonder if the bots in the upcoming movie will have the same big ass weapons? :p

KaRNiV8L PRiME
16th January 2011, 11:49 AM
lol like this found on seibertron.com boards

"Ironhide's gun kinda looked like an arm, Bumblebee's looks sorta like a torso. Perhaps they (and all Mech Tech) combine to a larger bot?

I'd imagine the shoulder bits will fold down for a more realistic arm, and he may very well be backwards. Still, I'm getting a little excited for potential fan-combiners."

Sleeve
16th January 2011, 12:40 PM
Wow, MechTech is just................terrible.

I'd take the Leader-class Optimus from the first movie over that crap. Granted, Megs actually looks half decent, but I can't help but feel the looks and design of the figures themselves are suffering to accomodate this poor excuse of a gimmick.

ITZTRU
16th January 2011, 12:49 PM
Umm...ok so Mech Tech is just a gimmick where guns "plug in" to the alt and bot modes?

sideswipes brother
16th January 2011, 01:22 PM
They all look horrible.

Vector Prime
16th January 2011, 01:37 PM
They all look horrible.

+1 Totally agree.... from what I've seen so far, everything's 'meh', even the new Caped Crusader Megatron

i_amtrunks
16th January 2011, 01:47 PM
So the Voyager Prime has the same transformation as RotF Legends class Prime?

Clip on weapons are looking like a cruddy gimmick, space fillers perhaps?

SkyWarp91
16th January 2011, 01:52 PM
I'm just kind of pissed that they were kind of consistent with Toy Sizes for the last two movies but for this movie it seems it's just all over the place. Hopefully they start releasing leaders and making the scale right otherwise...

KillinSpoon
16th January 2011, 01:58 PM
Wow... These suck.
Thankyou Hasbro for letting me spend my money on the Generations/RTS lines and not this crap!

...Hopefully the deluxes/scouts are awesome...

SharkyMcShark
16th January 2011, 02:39 PM
I'm into Ironhide and Megatron.

Prime_217
16th January 2011, 03:53 PM
i just dont understand... didnt hasbro used to have good stoy designers??? did they all egt fire or something?

VERT
16th January 2011, 04:02 PM
Wow... These suck.
Thankyou Hasbro for letting me spend my money on the Generations/RTS lines and not this crap!

...Hopefully the deluxes/scouts are awesome...

Yeah ditto. I get a year off. Its a year of reissues, RTS, Generations and MOTU Classics. Will not be getting much movie stuff at all. I might even have the chance to get the two or three missing G1s I still need.

Tallestblue
16th January 2011, 09:43 PM
Very underwhelmed.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
17th January 2011, 12:10 AM
Possible Ratchet repaint #6 I think

TFM1 Ratchet
TFM1 Rescue Ratchet
TFM1 Premium Ratchet
ROTF Desert Tracker Ratchet
ROTF Night Ops Ratchet
DOTM Ratchet?

SharkyMcShark
17th January 2011, 12:16 AM
Don't understand why they're not just reusing the newer (and better) deluxe

Vector Prime
17th January 2011, 12:16 AM

You would think that after 6 repaints of the same character, every collector would have at least one version in their collection ~ if you don't have one yet, don't buy it, it's a crap toy! :p Get the deluxe version instead, it's better.

Btw, this repaint is fugly.

Don't understand why they're not just reusing the newer (and better) deluxe

Oh but they will... they'll be in Wave 2 of the Deluxes followed by a redeco in Wave 4 too. :p

Prime_217
17th January 2011, 01:20 AM

TFM1 Ratchet
TFM1 Rescue Ratchet
TFM1 Premium Ratchet
ROTF Night Ops Ratchet
DOTM Ratchet?
WHY WONT THIS RATCHET DIE????????????
it has to be one of the worst molds of all three films... okay fine its better than any of the stuff we have seen from the dotm line. BUT STILL!

SkyWarp91
17th January 2011, 02:07 AM

TFM1 Ratchet
TFM1 Rescue Ratchet
TFM1 Premium Ratchet
ROTF Night Ops Ratchet
DOTM Ratchet?

The paint-apps on this new Ratchet redeco doesn't even match that seen in the behind the scenes shots, fingers crossed it's not true that this toy is apart of the DOTM line as it does appear to lack the MECH-TECH weaponry...

UltraMarginal
17th January 2011, 09:02 AM
As much ratchet hate that is going on, I didn't mind the original mold, not too complex and fairly movie accurate in appearance, are you guys forgetting, scalpel, ravage and scorponok? they are undoubtedly the worst figures released in years!!

I am so happy to see that megatron has finally accepted an earth mode!! now the figure is going to be more than "fold all this stuff into a ball and flap out the wings" ... hopefully

I do think it's unfortunate that the movie toys are constrained by the movie designs, I think that has a large effect on what Hasbro put out, and it's been a long time since there was a crappy gun gimmick on transformers, so they probalby thought they'd dust off that one.
I too prefer to think of the transformation as a "THE" gimmick though.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
17th January 2011, 10:33 AM
New pics of legends Bumblebee, Skids and Barricade