PDA

View Full Version : MOTUC 4am Wed Sale

kup
18th January 2011, 10:33 AM
Is everyone ready to be up at 4am and lay siege to Matty's castle?

If you succeed at breaking through the WSOD enchanted barrier, the loot that can be found are:

- Vikor
- Ethernian Guards
- The Goddess
- Castle Grayskull stands
- Mo-Larr with Skeletor (avaliable now)

If you are joining the siege, what loot will you be after?

I am going for Vikor, Ethernian Guards and 2x Castle Grayskull stands.

I am debating with myself if I should get an extra Guards set and the Goddess.

Sky Shadow
18th January 2011, 11:26 AM
Since I have the other figures and my Vikor is in the post, I'll just be getting the Eternian Guards.

I plan on destroying Toyguru's head in a variety of ways - I don't want that idiot's face staring at me from my shelf.

kup
18th January 2011, 11:50 AM
Since I have the other figures and my Vikor is in the post, I'll just be getting the Eternian Guards.

I plan on destroying Toyguru's head in a variety of ways - I don't want that idiot's face staring at me from my shelf.

At least is a fitting 'dopey' face for an Eternian guard as he is just a 'red shirt' grunt.

twincobra
18th January 2011, 01:53 PM

I agree lets all burn toygurus head

Tallestblue
18th January 2011, 02:38 PM
Dammit!! I forgot to save money for this! I really wanted a Cona...umm...Vikor.
Looks like it's Ebay for me on Friday.

*Angry Muttering*

kup
18th January 2011, 03:47 PM
Dammit!! I forgot to save money for this! I really wanted a Cona...umm...Vikor.
Looks like it's Ebay for me on Friday.

*Angry Muttering*

Even if you over spend for this period go for it now. You are more likely to spend twice as much or more on Ebay.

Robzy
18th January 2011, 03:52 PM
Well...

That Toyguru face is the sole reason I'm not buying the Eternian Guard Set. I was sold on it initially, until I saw that sculpt. :mad:

As for the Grayskull stands - I've already got some and they're nothing special. Still - nice to have if you don't own them.

I would get the Goddess if they fixed her infamous "shattering torso" problem, but sadly Matty has decided to not do that for this run! :mad: So, I'll put up with the one I've got.

I'm not a fan of the Mo-Larr set, even though I have no problem with it. It's just not to my taste.

Which brings me to Vikor - which I absolutely love! I only have one issue... waking up early and having to deal with Matty on a ridiculous sale day like the one they've got coming. The server will probably go nuts with all the multiple orders of stands and guards. If I didn't already have my Ghostbusters sub figure on the way, I'd probably reconsider (and get both) but...

kup
18th January 2011, 04:16 PM
Goddess is not even a new run, it's the left over stock from the original run so all associated problems will be present.

This is the primary reason why I am probably not going to get it.

I didn't know there was this much hatred for Toyguru. The posts that I have read at He-Man.org do make him seem like an arrogant preak but obviously there is more of a history there that I am unaware of given this much 'dislike' for his mug on the toy.

kurdt_the_goat
18th January 2011, 04:38 PM
I'm not interested in anything except Vikor, but because he's pretty similar to King Grayskull & He-Man overall, i'm gonna pass - plus it helps keep me in my wife's good book!

So, just some stands for me ... they'll probably be up for a while, but i will be online at the start anyway :)

twincobra
18th January 2011, 08:41 PM
Goddess is not even a new run, it's the left over stock from the original run so all associated problems will be present.

This is the primary reason why I am probably not going to get it.

I didn't know there was this much hatred for Toyguru. The posts that I have read at He-Man.org do make him seem like an arrogant preak but obviously there is more of a history there that I am unaware of given this much 'dislike' for his mug on the toy.

It was a waste of a head sculpt,it could of been flocked purple at least to make up for the lies about the panthor vote!

Sky Shadow
18th January 2011, 09:22 PM
It was a waste of a head sculpt,it could of been flocked purple at least to make up for the lies about the panthor vote!

Ingenious. :cool:

kup
18th January 2011, 09:54 PM

I see; pardon my ignorance but is Toyguru the Aaron Archer of Mattel? I thought he was just the fan relations guy.

Sky Shadow
19th January 2011, 03:52 AM
I see; pardon my ignorance but is Toyguru the Aaron Archer of Mattel? I thought he was just the fan relations guy.

He's the guy who doesn't listen to fans and makes dishonest excuses to justify what Mattel is doing rather than actually improving anything.

kup
19th January 2011, 03:55 AM
He's the guy who doesn't listen to fans and makes dishonest excuses to justify what Mattel is doing rather than actually improving anything.

Yeah, I have been reading a bit of the .org history and that seems to be the case. Oh well.

I have made up my mind now, I will only be getting Vikor, 1x Guards and 2x Stands.

5 minutes to go and so far no WSOD, hopefully it will be a smooth transaction like last time.

Good luck to everyone!

Sky Shadow
19th January 2011, 04:03 AM
All done! Crap, that was easy!

kup
19th January 2011, 04:03 AM
It keeps saying that the stands are restricted in my country!

kurdt_the_goat
19th January 2011, 04:05 AM
Me too! W. T. F. !!!!!

Typical, the site is working flawlessly for me other than this!

Sky Shadow
19th January 2011, 04:08 AM
Get rid of the stands - no one seems to be able to order them regardless of country. And Vikor is sold out!

kup
19th January 2011, 04:09 AM
F**ing hell! I missed out on Vikor due to this region shit on the stand!

Damn Matty! :mad:

This is the first time I missed out on something due to that s**t. How can it sell out in 2 minutes?????

kurdt_the_goat
19th January 2011, 04:10 AM
2 minutes is insane! What have they got like 10 of them for sale?!

Ok, lol, i just ordered the stands! LOL what a joke

I'd stay online for Vikor if i were you, I wouldn't be surprised if they have screwed something up with the stock levels too...

kup
19th January 2011, 04:15 AM
2 minutes is insane! What have they got like 10 of them for sale?!

Ok, lol, i just ordered the stands! LOL what a joke

I'd stay online for Vikor if i were you, I wouldn't be surprised if they have screwed something up with the stock levels too...

What so they are available now? WTF, I lost Vikor due to the frak up!

Now I also have to pay extra shipping for them :mad:

Now I fully understand the hatred.

The transaction went in for the stand.

kurdt_the_goat
19th January 2011, 04:16 AM
Yeah i just kept trying to submit my lone stands order and then it happened to go through without the shipping location error... who knows!

Sky Shadow
19th January 2011, 04:23 AM
Actually, I've just decided that Vikor never even went on sale - nobody on the .org successfully ordered one. Okay, now I've changed my mind - one dude got him and another now seems to have ordered eight. In that case, I suspect there were so many subscriptions this year that there were only a handful of Vikors left to go on sale.

kurdt_the_goat
19th January 2011, 04:25 AM
Yeah hang about until he shows up for real, then send them an email demanding they combine your eventual 3 orders... outrage!

kup
19th January 2011, 04:30 AM
This is a disgrace, my worse experience with Matty.

kup
19th January 2011, 04:34 AM
Yeah hang about until he shows up for real, then send them an email demanding they combine your eventual 3 orders... outrage!

Only a couple of people are confirmed to have gotten Vikor so it did go only sale but probably on had like 10 in stock.

Edit: I sent an email to Matty asking them to group up my order and refund me the extra shipping since what happened was their fault.

Sky Shadow
19th January 2011, 04:50 AM
This is a disgrace, my worse experience with Matty.

You worst out of... three times, though? It could be much worse, most of 2009 was like this month after month after month. If you really want a Vikor, there's either eBay or waiting for the inevitable restock/reissue.

Edit: I sent an email to Matty asking them to group up my order and refund me the extra shipping since what happened was their fault.

Good work.

d*r*j*
19th January 2011, 04:54 AM
This reminds me off when I got Battle Cat and missed Trap Jaw... was spewing about TJ but buzzing with excitement about BC.

Spewing about Vikor, but 2 palace guards (only got one set) is good enough.

kup
19th January 2011, 04:58 AM
This reminds me off when I got Battle Cat and missed Trap Jaw... was spewing about TJ but buzzing with excitement about BC.

Spewing about Vikor, but 2 palace guards (only got one set) is good enough.

I hope this crap doesn't happen with Bow next month and after that Catra. If it does I will probably go postal.

d*r*j*
19th January 2011, 05:33 AM
I hope this crap doesn't happen with Bow next month and after that Catra. If it does I will probably go postal.

This will probably happen. There is a huge fanbase for the she-ra toys and this is the first time ever that these characters have been sculpted as action figures (as opposed to dolls).

kup
19th January 2011, 05:53 AM
This will probably happen. There is a huge fanbase for the she-ra toys and this is the first time ever that these characters have been sculpted as action figures (as opposed to dolls).

I mean missing out on a figure because of Matty's incompetence. I am sure I would have gotten a Vikor if it wasn't for the stands mess up.

Robzy
19th January 2011, 09:24 AM
Sky Shadow's right Kup... this is what it used to be like EVERY single freakin month! I would say this experience is the 'norm'. And here we are, entering our third year, and nothing's changed. This is partly the reason why I didn't bother getting up so early with Vikor. I knew it was a waste of time (as I wrote beforehand).

Sorry to hear you guys missed out though :( It really sucks. That's why there's so much anger over at the org. I remember BattleCat/Trap Jaw and even the original Mer-Man months as being disastrous! Vikor's sell out time may even be the fastest... the previous was Moss Man (which sold out in 3 minutes).

And, in answer to your other question about Toyguru, he just spins so much BS! In fact, I don't believe anything he says anymore because he's full of contradictions (eg, Stratos' wings, PKE Meter sell out time, Keldor's swords, the list goes on). He's been caught out too many times. The other problem he has is, when asked a handful of legitimate questions, he will respond to only 1 (ignoring the ones he knows he can't answer with BS spin). And finally, he comes out and says that DR continually "screw the pooch" and that Matty are "working on it", yet we still have the same ordering processes problems every single month. DR get away with it time after time, and Matty does jack sh!t.

I'm sure he will have more of the same old excuses for last night's sale and the website ordering problems you encountered!

twincobra
19th January 2011, 09:52 AM
Well im glad I never woke up at 3am to get the palace guards after reading what happened :eek: woke up at 5am and got 2 guards and 2 stands but forgot to order gb 2pack I want that ghost grr.

kup
19th January 2011, 10:26 AM
From Facebook…

Mattycollector.com
Darn those blustery Northern winds! They’ve waylaid our second Vikor shipment for the moment, but we expect it to land at our warehouse soon. As soon as we confirm its arrival, we’ll have more Vikor figures for sale.

So are they expecting me to pay yet even more shipping? I am already paying extra!

Why couldn't they have mentioned this before??

Now will they announce when these 2nd shipment of Vikors will become available or will they just randomly put it on the site so that more people can miss out?

twincobra
19th January 2011, 10:44 AM
Now will they announce when these 2nd shipment of Vikors will become available or will they just randomly put it on the site so that more people can miss out?

Most likely scenario

kup
19th January 2011, 12:17 PM
For a short time this morning, Grayskull stands weren’t available for purchase. If you placed an order during that time for other products and couldn’t add them but you’d still like the stands, order them by TOMORROW 1/19 at Noon PT/3pm ET and Digital River will refund the additional shipping costs for placing separate orders.

The orders will ship separately so nothing will be held up, but you’ll pay only the shipping costs you would have if they’d been ordered together. And if you already placed separate orders for the stands earlier today, you’ll automatically be refunded the difference. http://bit.ly/fe8uu7 (Please note, if you did NOT place an order for additional products and you order the stands, you’ll be charged the standard shipping fees.)

I'll believe that when I see it. If they do restock on Vikor, would I be able to have him grouped into my existing order since that was also a mess up on their part?

kurdt_the_goat
19th January 2011, 12:30 PM
Depends how quick they are really, they could ship out your other stuff before they even re-list Vikor :(

kup
19th January 2011, 12:46 PM
Depends how quick they are really, they could ship out your other stuff before they even re-list Vikor :(

Yeah it's very unlikely they would group Vikor in (assuming there is a restock and I score one) but it would be a lot better than paying shipping for every freaking item!

Tallestblue
19th January 2011, 03:53 PM
Wow, What a cluster fu..dge That was, I had no money for Vikor, so I'm dreading ebay prices. perhaps I should save a fifty and wait for him.....But God Help mattel If don't get Bow in February.

kup
19th January 2011, 08:44 PM
I just got an email from Matty saying that the shipping billing is accurate and that they won't be refunding me!!

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

The exact amount charged for your transaction, including any taxes or
discounts, is accurately listed in the confirmation email sent at the
time of the transaction and in the electronic invoice for the order.

Sounds like they are putting the blame on me, the customer for their screw up with the stands!

On top of that, at the same time I received shipping notices and that my card has been charged! What a joke!! I feel not just betrayed but ripped off by matty

kurdt_the_goat
19th January 2011, 09:50 PM
Did you point them to their own page (http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361004165/m/5741002476) detailing how they will refund in this situation? Just get worse and worse, sorry to hear :(

kup
19th January 2011, 09:52 PM
Did you point them to their own page (http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361004165/m/5741002476) detailing how they will refund in this situation? Just get worse and worse, sorry to hear :(

Yeah I did but it seems that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. This has to be a new low, even for Matty.

kup
22nd January 2011, 09:49 AM
Vikor will be back on sale on the 24/01 US Pacific Time.

Vikor is in the house… warehouse, that is! We’ve confirmed his arrival and he’ll be available for purchase on Monday 1/24 at 9am PT.

We’ve also got Palace Guards, The Goddess, Mo-Larr vs. Skeletor and Venkman/Scoleri but they’re all going fast, so get them while you can! http://bit.ly/dMT0Uz
This message has been edited. Last edited by: Matty, January 21, 2011 11:19 AM

--Matty

I guess that means another Tuesday 4am siege. To get the most out of shipping costs, I may as well get a Goddess.

Unfortunately there is still no word on the refunds for the Grayskull stands debacle.

Robzy
22nd January 2011, 10:24 AM
I guess that means another Tuesday 4am siege. To get the most out of shipping costs, I may as well get a Goddess.

I don't trust Matty to still have all the other figures on sale when Vikor 2.0 is released. That's what happened when the first He-man and Beast Man were released... they were on sale for a month and I was holding out for Skeletor so I could combine - only to have Matty pull HM and BM 2 days before Skelly went on sale!! :rolleyes: Bastards! :mad:

I doubt they'll do that again - there would be another riot - but I still don't trust them!

kup
22nd January 2011, 08:06 PM
Still nothing about the refunds yet several people have received notices from digital river that there will be no such thing. Looks like left hand doesn't know what the right is doing..:rolleyes:

Several fans are demanding free shipping on Vikor since it was Mattel's fault that people didn't get one on the first sale day and therefore unable to group their order to save on shipping. The request is understandable but I seriously doubt it would happen, specially when there isn't any further news on the proposed refund for the stands debacle.

kup
24th January 2011, 03:04 PM
I received an Email from Matty notifying me of the refund. Awesome! They were true to their word so my faith in them has risen a fair bit.

Good timing too as I was thinking of missing out on the Vikor sale since Matty had already taken much of my money already on the shipping. I may actually go for one tomorrow morning.

Anyone else joining me at 4am?

Tallestblue
24th January 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm tempted..but it means spending my rent money. Something I swore i would not do this year. So I'm waiting for my next paycheck and going on ebay. The prices for Vikor seem actually reasonable.

kup
25th January 2011, 04:06 AM
I just bought a Vikor and a pair of stands from Matty. It was surprisingly easy with no WSOD or glitches.

d*r*j*
25th January 2011, 05:43 AM
I got a couple of Vikors to go with the one I already secured from someone on he-man.org...

Robzy
25th January 2011, 11:00 AM
Well, I couldn't be bothered getting up at 3:30am to order, so I took a gamble and it paid off... I woke up this morning and leisurely ordered a Vikor. I wish it was always this easy :D I had a funny feeling he'd still be available this morning.

One thing though - I placed my order and (just like last month) I got an "error" code near the end of my transaction. Having been through the same process with Buzz Off twice (and ending up with 3 figures instead of 1) I decided to do nothing! And again, it paid off - about 2 minutes later I got an email confirmation saying my order was being processed. Now, just to confirm, my order didn't actually even go through! Yet, according to Matty/DR it did! This has now happened 3 times in 1 month! I can't explain it! Has anyone else experienced this?? I keep getting confirmation for orders I haven't successfully placed - weird! -_-

Tallestblue
25th January 2011, 04:13 PM
Oh My God. I just totally and painlessly ordered a Vikor from matty.com. Right now.
it's 10 past 3 in the afternoon. It took less than two minutes. My mind is blown. And so is my budget. Well, so much for that new years' resolution.

Robzy
26th January 2011, 10:50 PM
Vikor's gone, but the Eternian Guards and Grayskull Stands are still available.

kup
26th January 2011, 11:40 PM
Vikor's gone, but the Eternian Guards and Grayskull Stands are still available.

I think they overestimated the amount of people who would get multiples of the Palace Guards.

Personally, I think they are too expensive for an army builder. In a 2 pack one would expect some sort of discount but instead they are charging full price for two figures.

If the 2 pack was $30, I probably would have bought an extra set.