PDA

View Full Version : Brief Transformers report from Japan

Lord_Zed
20th April 2008, 09:57 PM
Just got back from Japan last week and thought I'd give a brief report on the transformers I saw there.

Overall they have mostly the same movie toys we have, as well as those weird shell TFs you build (I don't know thier name).

There was one collector type store in Akihabara Tokyo that had quite a few vintage TF's (Grotesque, Autobot clones) as well as rare ones, and even fully packaged Animated toys. Needless to say thier prices were ludicrous. In fact all the TF's I saw in Akihabara were exspensive save Reissue Skylink, Ratchet, ironhide and Jazz who were all quite cheap. Further afield in Tokyo the Toys r Us mostly just had movie toys.

The only Japanese Classic toys I found were in the toys stores of Hiroshima and Osaka, and even then it was only Mirage Grimlock and Bumblee.

I also found quite a few older japanese Transformers including Car Robots, Beast Wars Second, and Robot Masters at one of the big Capsule stores in Denden town Osaka.

That said I didn't actualy buy and TF's though.

Soundwarp
21st April 2008, 05:22 AM
Wow you bought none.........

roller
21st April 2008, 10:06 AM
Zed zeds back in town!!!

did you go to that 'hotel' i told you about?

You didnt see any jap exclusives?

sanbot
21st April 2008, 12:21 PM
lord_zed, I am so envious of you!

when you say ridiculously expensive, what price range are we talking about here? so comparing australia with japan, would you say japan transformers are more pricey or less?

I'm thinking of going back to Japan one day, I had such good memories in akihabara even though I was really sick.

Lord_Zed
21st April 2008, 05:36 PM
l
when you say ridiculously expensive, what price range are we talking about here? so comparing australia with japan, would you say japan transformers are more pricey or less?

I'm thinking of going back to Japan one day, I had such good memories in Akihabara even though I was really sick.

Well frankly I don't recall, the new animated stuff was around 19000 yen, the older toys were probably not to badly priced all about $200+. Outside of Akihabara TF's were generaly cheaper than here I saw Nightwatch Prime for 5000 yen, and the few classics I found were cheap to.

I'm a rather scattered collector though an prefer to get bits and pieces of things, so I filled my bag with other japanese toys and Collectables as access to them out here is more limited than TF's.

But yeah Akihabara is great, Den Den town Osaka is to, not as fancy but cheaper. I definately wanna go back some day. Will have to post my aquistions in the non TF section soon, coupled with other things I've bought it's the biggest aquistion month ever, ouch my wallet says.

Robzy
21st April 2008, 06:47 PM
The only Japanese Classic toys I found were in the toys stores of Hiroshima and Osaka, and even then it was only Mirage Grimlock and Bumblee.

"Bumblee"? Sounds like a 'Mr Men' character :D:D

Welcome back :)

Kyle
21st April 2008, 06:53 PM
I had about 5 days in Kobe and 5 days in Tokyo back in December. Wished I had some tome to go to Den Den Town in Osaka in between.

Managed to get lost and missed most of the toy shops in Akihabara. :(
Have to go back one day... :D

Lord_Zed
21st April 2008, 07:10 PM
Bumblee"? Sounds like a 'Mr Men' character

Yeah, he's Wheelies cousin from the Cybertronian caravan park. :D

Oops.

kup
23rd April 2008, 01:58 PM
Welcome back Zed!

Robzy
23rd April 2008, 05:39 PM