PDA

View Full Version : (Another) Classics Cliffjumper Upgrade Kit

Vector Prime
23rd January 2011, 11:41 PM
Their may finally be an alternative to FansProject's first third party foray. Some images have popped up on chinese board Actoys depicting an upgrade kit for Classics Cliffjumper. Known as the Devil Horns Custom Kit, just like FansProject's kit before, it swaps the figure's head for one more reminiscent of his G1 counterpart. Giving him more firepower comes courtesy of a new handheld beam blaster and his glass gun.

Article and pics located here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/classics-cliffjumper-devil-horns-custom-kit-images-171313/)

kup
23rd January 2011, 11:44 PM
Isn't this about 4 years too late?

Classics Cliffjumper hasn't been sold retail for years and after market prices are pretty expensive and not that common.

Vector Prime
23rd January 2011, 11:46 PM

Classics Cliffjumper hasn't been sold retail for years and after market prices are pretty expensive and not that common.

Unless they know something we don't ;)

Possibly a United release or one in the RTS line?

Could happen, seeing as they did BBee again.

1AZRAEL1
24th January 2011, 09:09 AM
I'd buy it. Looks good, and would save me trying to make my CJ head look more like CJ :p

Lint
24th January 2011, 11:48 AM

Classics CJ's paint scheme isn't exactly to-die-for so with Classics BB mold getting two rehashes this year I can see a lot of people who would repaint him into CJ.

gdmetro
24th January 2011, 01:13 PM
Nice!

Was just contemplating whether to get generations CJ for the head, but now I won't have to worry about that. Hopefully these aren't final- atleast paint the hasbro grey weapons. The head is meh, but something irks me about the face that is not right (probably the large eyes). I will probably pick this up despite my perceived shortcomings of it due to lack of a better alternative.

Better not be over $30.

Hursticon
24th January 2011, 04:00 PM
Nice!

*snip*

Better not be over $30.

I agree! - this will hopefully be a lot cheaper than FansProject's $300USD offering of ultimate rarity and plastic over pricing! :D
(Given, that was FP's first product ;) - I love you FP :p)

kaiden
24th January 2011, 09:48 PM
I agree! - this will hopefully be a lot cheaper than FansProject's $300USD offering of ultimate rarity and plastic over pricing! :D
(Given, that was FP's first product ;) - I love you FP :p)

isnt that aftermarket prices? anyone know the original price?

Hursticon
24th January 2011, 10:40 PM

Not according to TFsource. :o
Well, I was going to give you a link to the page but for some unknown reason TFsource's FP page (http://www.tfsource.com/search/view/status/4/manufacturer/8/) wont load correctly - it says it's displaying 14 out of 17 items but it is only actually displaying 2!?! :confused:
That is where I last saw the upgrade and it was at the $300 price I mentioned. :(

kup
24th January 2011, 10:49 PM

I think I paid $20 for it directly from the source. Only the after market drove the price up to those ridiculous proportions.

Tfsource and other online stores stocking items that old would sell them at after market value so they are not exactly 'from source' since they are selling older stuff they recently acquired. Some of them even have scalper prices.

jaydisc
25th January 2011, 10:02 AM
This looks good, better than the FP one in fact. Back in the day, I paid A$24 for my FP CJ kit shipped courtesy of Kyle.

1AZRAEL1
31st January 2011, 03:12 PM
More images (http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-576663.html) but still no price or how many there will be.

One thing I giggled at was the name on the box "Beezleboss Presents" :p

Hursticon
31st January 2011, 03:35 PM
One thing I giggled at was the name on the box "Beezleboss Presents" :p

I noticed that too :p, lol! :D

kup
1st February 2011, 08:57 AM
I don't like the weird eyes.

Lint
1st February 2011, 10:34 AM
I don't like the whole face. The nose especially, when compared to the original BB head you can see how much personality it doesn't have.

liegeprime
1st February 2011, 10:51 AM
I like it, its angry cliffjumper persona hehehe. Might have to get this and I dont like the head I can always just keep in the spare parts box, but the bazooka and gun is good, hopefully it's not el cheapo plastic in feel though... from the pics it does lookit :o

gekisou
1st February 2011, 04:14 PM
Man... I want this. I got Cliffjumper about 2 years ago in Singapore on sale (10 bucks or something like that) and have been wanting a new head and better weapons since.

primatives
1st March 2011, 01:32 PM
there is a pre order up at tfsource for $24