PDA

View Full Version : Mechtech weapons

Autocon
26th January 2011, 02:01 AM
do u think they combine into anything? do u think they will feature in the moive?

i think they look rideculous in alt mode just sitting there:rolleyes:

what do u think of this gimmick and is it better or worst than previous gimmicks?

what gimmick would u like to see in transformers?

SkyWarp91
26th January 2011, 03:39 AM
There's a thread dedicated to talking about the DOTM line and its features here already :)

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=217261#post217261

kaiden
26th January 2011, 03:46 AM
Personally i'm not a fan of the mechtech thingies... i've always thought of transformers as robots in disguise and these aren't even hidden...

from photos of the movie, i dont think they will be featured other than maybe optimus prime? being the ultimate hero - he needs a new finishing attack. i think movie goers would be confused if everyone suddenly had huge weapons stuck on. so for me its a toy gimmick to differentiate and give people a reason to buy the 'almost same' toys again.

5FDP
26th January 2011, 11:22 AM
"Malibu Stacy has a new hat!" :D

ITZTRU
26th January 2011, 01:29 PM
Personally i'm not a fan of the mechtech thingies... i've always thought of transformers as robots in disguise and these aren't even hidden...

I feel the same with the robots in disguise thing.

But going with the movie story line, didn't the Decepticons break their cover and made all the humans aware that they exist?

Which means if in the movie they did have big weapons attached to them, it wouldnt matter so much anymore about whether they were in disguise...

FFN
26th January 2011, 05:59 PM
They're just accessories. I don't understand what the big deal is. You don't have to use them or display them with your toys, unless you have a mental problem where YOU MUST DISPLAY THEM SO YOU CAN JUSTIFIABLY HAVE SOMETHING TO... BE... ANGRY... ABOUT...

*HEADSPLODE*

tron07
1st February 2011, 11:09 AM
"Malibu Stacy has a new hat!" :D

I think this is the case as well :D :D :D

Hence the reason I only bought Prime and Jetfire from the ROTF line.

Bartrim
1st February 2011, 11:58 AM
I think the wreckers have the best disguise.

"Oh look I'm in downtown random city and there goes a NASCAR armed to the teeth. Nothing unusual about that"-Quote from random person in DOTM:p

FFN
2nd February 2011, 07:37 AM
Pretty sure when they get the guns out is during the big fight in the city.

GoktimusPrime
2nd February 2011, 05:00 PM
They're just accessories. I don't understand what the big deal is. You don't have to use them or display them with your toys, unless you have a mental problem where YOU MUST DISPLAY THEM SO YOU CAN JUSTIFIABLY HAVE SOMETHING TO... BE... ANGRY... ABOUT...

*HEADSPLODE*

It would matter if toy detailing or engineering was compromised in order to accomodate these accessories. I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case -- I'll reserve judgement until I see the toys for myself.

popculturepooka
2nd February 2011, 06:08 PM
Exactly.
Or size of toy is affected, which some people who have early figures have mentioned. Shrinking a toy to include a useless big gun kills my VFM.